Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 11-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Master
Hello,

Just some thoughts on talismans.

I was wondering for those that have used them or made one for another if you told the person what it is for?

For if one does, then I am looking at the talisman being more of a tool to bring out what may lie in the other person. Giving him/her the confidence or trust in the ability or help he/she may need or desire.

Also can see crystals and other stones being a type a talisman. Tools for focus and/or reminders of ones abilities to attract or heal.

What do you all think of this?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:20 PM
Master

Well, if we define energy as 'magic' then any crystal or item made from a crystal could be a magic talisman.

To give someone such an item without telling them what it is, is like doing energy work on healing on them without their knowing. It is not unproblematic, and in the case of the item you won't know who gets it in the end.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Well, if we define energy as 'magic' then any crystal or item made from a crystal could be a magic talisman.

To give someone such an item without telling them what it is, is like doing energy work on healing on them without their knowing. It is not unproblematic, and in the case of the item you won't know who gets it in the end.

Hi White Warrior,

Thanks for the response.

Makes sense. Telling the person what it is for will bring the energy more in focus. Otherwise one is just throwing it out there and seeing what sticks or even directing in a way that was not intended. To clarify this, do you see it this way?
Old 11-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Master

Well, not really - the energy was placed there by me and it works according to my wishes. However, if the wearer has conscious or unconscious defenses up that works against it then that will reduce its effect, whereas a wearer who allows it to do its job is likely to get a bigger effect out of it. Depending entirely on the energy's task and the wearer's abilities he/she might even add to it its effect.
Old 11-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Master
I wear a silver chain and on it have:

Saint christopher
A silver arrowhead with turquoise in it,
A silver triquenta (sp)
A amber pendant,
A silver cross

Wear it all the time

Kinda a talisman for me i guess
Old 11-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Well, not really - the energy was placed there by me and it works according to my wishes. However, if the wearer has conscious or unconscious defenses up that works against it then that will reduce its effect, whereas a wearer who allows it to do its job is likely to get a bigger effect out of it. Depending entirely on the energy's task and the wearer's abilities he/she might even add to it its effect.

Thank you for the clarification White Warrior.

It gives me a better understanding of the dynamics behind Talisman.

Interesting how energy works. I find this to be true when I do massage work as well. That when the person is more receptive to the energy that is brought it seems to be more effective and the energy that I bring has effect as well. (not to throw this off topic, just relating to how i see energy can work).

So it's a two way street. What you place into it, as well as what the other places into it.

Find this to be interesting.

Peace
Old 11-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Master
Mine, for Grounding and Protection, is made up of the Four Kings of the Tarot - The Lords of the Powers of the Four Elements - plus the Blessings of Mother Earth.
Here - I have a pocket version and an A4 version on my lounge wall. I did invocations for each.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:10 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Mine, for Grounding and Protection, is made up of the Four Kings of the Tarot - The Lords of the Powers of the Four Elements - plus the Blessings of Mother Earth.
Here - I have a pocket version and an A4 version on my lounge wall. I did invocations for each.

Beautiful Cards Norseman! Thanks for sharing : )
Old 12-12-2011, 01:20 AM
nightowl

I have a few different objects. For me which one I carry depends on where I am going and what energy I feel I need or will encounter. Very often which I carry is determined by the leading of the Spirit.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:33 PM
Guide

i have one, but i don't use it. i actually have no idea what good it does. anywho, i'm learning to depend on Source for everything. for me, nothing beats the guidance, blessing, protection provided by the Ultimate Creator Source of all.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16