Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 20-11-2011, 03:27 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
How would you define yourself as a Witch?

She turned me into a newt!

(I got better...)
Old 20-11-2011, 03:28 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
She turned me into a newt!

(I got better...)

Did she float?
Old 20-11-2011, 05:09 AM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Cult is a strong word for a majority of people who dont believe in a Devil or a God like a Christian God. Dontcha think? I do rituals for Hecate and the Horned God Baphomet.
That is my choice as a human not as a Witch. If you think about it Christianity could be called a Cult also. But thank you for your insight and opinions. But I still say Witches should be seperated from Wiccans thats all.
Because there seperate beliefs. Not because one is better etc.

Definition of a cult is : A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object.

So yes, all religions with an "icon" or "God-head" are a cult. It's not a bad thing, it's just a word.
Old 20-11-2011, 08:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etu Malku
I practice Magick, but don't consider myself a witch.
True Witchcraft dates back to the Greco-Roman Cult of Hekate.

Witch Craft dates back to millenia before the Graeco-Roman pantheon !
Old 20-11-2011, 08:51 AM
Master
Occultist, if you read through this "wiccan" thread, you will find that few of us take any notice of the thread heading. There are many non-wiccans here.

When it comes to pantheons, in my opinion, both the Craft and wicca are essentially British, therefore the only relevant pantheon would be Celtic.
Gardner did not create a new religion. He assembled it, like a jigsaw, from pre-existing bits and pieces around a modified Craft core.

Take a look in here
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7006
Old 20-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Did she float?

*nods sagely* She weighs the same as a duck... Therefore she's made of wood... And therefore...

A witch!!!
Old 20-11-2011, 02:57 PM
loumoon

im sorry i think you have completely misinterpreted my post. i wasnt offended whatsoever by your post, and im unsure as to why you think i was? apologies on the crossed wires
Old 20-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Flowers1992

Then in that light perhaps there should be a separate board for Catholics all Catholics are Christians but not Christians are catholic? Same basic principle; Maybe it was just to save space etc. But the main question is does it really matter?
Old 20-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Master
Matters not iota, Flowers. The old Craft is the original trunk and wicca is just a new branch off it.
Old 20-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Etu Malku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
I believe you mistaken what I mean or took it offensively. I am saying if you read up on it or google it even there is a huge difference between the 2 belief systems thats why my Suggestion was to make it 2 seperate threads? I am sure a Christian wouldnt want to be called a Satanist although there many similarities in the 2 beliefs. It was a suggestion no big deal thats all Blessings to you and yours dear friend and you go in peace as well.
There is absolutely nothing in common between Christianity and Satanism.