Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-06-2019, 03:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
You don't know me well enough, yet...no, Southern belle was not a put down.

I speak as I find. I've seen enough.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:37 AM
Knower

“Secret, scary, and ominous” often prevails on this forum board . . . and in the world . . . and rightfully so . . . but it has more to do with the “tools” being used and “addressed” than anything else.

Let’s see if I can give you a workable example . . . altho this might take it beyond the “number of words” limitations that many demand on this board.

Let’s say that all the religions and philosophies of this world involved and revolve around the concepts off basic math. The understanding and use of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are “the answers” that everyone is looking for. The esteemed mystical guru’s and philosophical intellectuals can juggle any combination of any numbers . . . adding lengthy columns of numbers in their heads . . . subtracting . . . multiplying them . . . etc. The various saints and “buddhas” and spiritual teachers and such are true masters of basic math. There is . . . in this hypothetical example . . . no debating that. They are true teachers and true masters. Everyone aims for and desires this.

But then . . . one day . . . someone whispers of algebra. Huh? Parentheses and numerous equations within equations? Nuh-uh ! I don’t believe it. Too complicated. Keep it simple.

Then someone comes along and whispers of geometry. AAccKK ! ! You want to use math to address squares and triangles and circles and such? NUH-UH ! ! The Buddhists don’t talk about that. The Hindus don’t bring that up. Nope. I don’t agree with this.

And on we go . . . into trigonometry, calculus, physics, etc.

NO . . . NO . . . NO ! ! I don’t agree with you. WAY too many numbers in there for it to be simple . . . and you’re putting it around some kind of triangle-thingie. I don’t agree with that. Get back to the love of a simple column of numbers to add up. Don’t you dare tell me that I gotta head in *that* direction to “go beyond basic math.” You’re putting pressure on me. Don’t you DARE ! !

Now . . . are the above “extreme” examples of mathematics scary and ominous?

Nope.

But they are to those who will not develop beyond basic math.

We just don’t believe that they are real because our basic math mind works just fine without all of that. They are secret . . . because we disbelieve.

Then people get hurt and begin to dig in . . . holding fas to what they *demand* is THE Truth. “I already know that” . . . or “I’ve been doing this for years / lifetimes” . . . “It’s too complicated, don’t mess me up with facts’ . . . “I know what love is because it’s what I like” . . . etc. x infinity.

People often mistake stubbornness for strength. There are lots of little pitfalls like this. In this day and age . . . there is more of a demand of accepting the set of beliefs I am holding to rather than “what would be the next step beyond what I already believe?” People try to demand that the “next step” adhere to the old set of beliefs. They also believe that discovering another way of saying what they already know at the moment . . . is learning. It isn’t.

The number of “protective devices” within each individual that will keep that individual within very narrow parameters of their already-accepted belief system far outweigh the ability to explore, experiment, and revise . . . and to expand and unfold.

The first inclination of the human state of consciousness is to say ’No.’ The second inclination is to justify why we said ’No.’ This is what we have been taught . . . forever . . . and is the natural tendency of the mind. Sure . . . there is “positive thinking” . . . and this is a necessary and developmental step . . . but when pressured or tested . . . we drop back to . . . ‘No . . . I don’t believe it . . . I don’t agree.”

And through the eons . . . on we go.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:54 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

They just gathered in all of the "stragglers" who were not already aligned with a pure tradition.

Fair enough - more than fair enough.

JL
Old 08-06-2019, 02:55 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

This is probably why Jesus and Buddha spoke in parables and stories... because if they truly spoke what was in their minds and hearts, everyone around them would go; "what on earth do you mean? I cannot understand a word you are saying".

For the intellectual, this whole process can be just as nerve-wracking...
"Yeah, I got what you said the FIRST time!"

Eggsactly (again)
Old 08-06-2019, 02:57 AM
Master

I didn't read your post per se, zorkchop, but what I will say is this:

Secrets aren't an attractant and they shouldn't be - if a person finds the Real Light and Lives in the Holy Light of God/Love all will be revealed anyway. It does not matter, and that is the truer safer course for all.

Of course, YMMV

Namaste,

JL
Old 08-06-2019, 03:50 AM
Master

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=129809
Old 09-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Knower

janielee . . .

Try to understand . . .

Such “secrets” on the Path are “secrets” only because we refuse to discover, acknowledge, and learn them. As the old saying goes . . . Truth is always right in front of us but we refuse to see it. THAT . . . is what makes it all “secret.” Nothing is intentionally kept in hiding.

And . . . the best way to maintain the secrecy is . . .

Hold tight to what you believe. Hold VERY tight ! In fact . . . tighten that embrace. Don’t let ANY other tidbit or offering get even close. Do NOT see how most information works together . . . side-by-side. Always hold to . . . “Truth and Secrets will be what * I * want them to be.” Do NOT expand your understandings and definitions . . . and certainly do NOT do so as a result of what someone else offers.

Keep the viewpoint tight. Keep the viewpoint narrow. Keep the viewpoint exclusive. Keep that viewpoint “safe.” After all . . . the principle that Greater Truth is uncovered by those who are bold and adventurous . . . is WAY too threatening . . . and is NOT “safe” . . . so that principle HAS to be wrong.

Most of the posts that I put in here are NOT for those that so easily disbelieve and dismiss. No . . . I am NOT a Master . . . I have never claimed to be . . . and so I do NOT know everything . . . BUT . . . if I have been a few places where others tend not to go . . . then what I *offer* . . . NOT demand . . . can certainly be of benefit to those who will listen and consider.

When a person gets to the “point” of stating that the post was not read but I’ll comment on it anyway . . . THAT is a clear statement of where a person “is” on the Path . . . though certainly a very small but exceptionally meaningful declaration. People OFTEN declare . . . “You don’t know where I am on the Path . . . you don’t know anything about me . . . etc.” . . . but it’s statements like these that make it very clear where and whoo they “are.”

Again . . . NO criticism or judgement here. I do NOT need to “gain points” by belittling others or finding humor in the plight of the mental steps on the path. Just . . . LOOK . . . and consider.