Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-12-2011, 03:31 PM
ryeu

Forgetting memory

It's actually happen long time ago. Not really bothering me just curious.

My friend come to my room and borrow my book. Because I need the book also so I ask her to return it. She promise to return it at night. But at the nigth I feel so tired and fall asleep. When I wake up it's already morning and I remember the book still with her and she didnt come last night.

But I'm surprised to find that the book is already on my desk, next to my bed!

When I ask her, she says she did come last night and returned that book directly to me.

But I never remember that happen. Until now I never remember, even a second flashback of it.

Do you guys ever experienced things like that? was it sleepwalking? Or it's some kind of amnesia? I Love to hear your opinion about it.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:06 PM
Master

Hi ryeu, and welcome, your question raises an interesting observation, when we misplace a thing, because we forget where it is, when we find it, after a process of elimination, or as a seemingly intuitive moment, we forget that we knew all the time where it was, because we put it there. Memory creates a link between times for us, but when that link is seemingly broken, our awareness in the moment does not recognize the memory, so it declares a discovery, when in reality, it is a subliminal memory, out of reach of our conscious recognition. If you were given the book back, moments before you fell asleep, then you could easily forget those moments.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:48 PM
ryeu

Hi Papa Bear, thank you for responding. What make moments before we fall asleep could easily be forgotten? Because it doesnt happen everytime.