Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 03-03-2018, 04:02 AM
Master
On the one hand ... but on the other - Exercise for Shadow and Reversals

Not sure how this will go down, but one can only try.

I thought of this exercise after reading the reversal thread and with encouragement from Pisces Moon, (yes, yes, you Pisces Moon. I expect you to flex some Tarot muscle here) to assist people who may be struggling with connecting with the shadow or reversed energy of their cards.

The person above picks out a topic (relationship, home, family, career, etc) and an upright card for the next person.

The next person then has to express either the reversed energy or the shadow energy (or both if you're really game to exercise your brain and intuition and see a difference) of the card picked by the previous person by making a sentence. "On the one hand ... blah, blah, blah ... but on the other hand ... blah, blah, blah".

The person doing the exercise must make a sentence that can be related to the topic that the person above has chosen in order to make connections and actually help to learn from the exercise.

I'll start with an example. Let's pretend that Pisces Moon left me the following (yes, dobbing you in, lol):

Topic: Relationships
Card: The Sun

I then post:

On the one hand our relationship is really happy, open and trusting (light energy) but ...

on the other hand our relationship is so optimistic that we tend to have fun all the time and neglect some important issues that need addressing (shadow aspect).

AND/OR

On the one hand I'm really vibrant and upbeat in our relationship (upright energy) but ...

on the other hand I can get quite depressed for no apparent reason and not appreciate the good things our relationship has to offer (reversed/blocked energy).

I'll do one more quick example to indicate a shadow/negative/dark card:

Topic: Career
Card: 10 of Swords

On the one hand I thought my world had collapsed when I was sacked from my job (shadow energy) but

on the other hand it opened up the offer of a new job which I'm now really looking forward to starting (light energy)

AND/OR:

On the one hand I lost my job by a backstabbing ladder climber (upright energy)

but on the other hand getting the flick has made me realise how stressed I was and has forced me to examine my worries and anxieties more closely (reversed/return to the previous card energy)

I gave examples of both shadow and reversed energy as I tend to see a subtle difference most of the time. I realise that not everyone will be the same, but mine was just for example purposes. You can use either shadow, or reversed or if you consider them the same, just reversed/shadow energy. Whatever you personally feel comfortable with. I've also indicated in brackets what sort of energy I've taken from the reversed card, in the above cases, blocked energy and returning to the previous card energy, so that others can see how I personally arrived at the reversed energy, in case it's helpful to someone else.

Have some fun with this. Either take your time and nut out the reversal/shadow aspect, or just use your intuition and bang it out quickly. Once again, whatever you personally feel comfortable with.

Ready?

Wakey, wakey Pisces Moon ... hahahaha!

Topic: Work/career
Card: 6 of Cups
Old 03-03-2018, 04:13 AM
Master
Oh I like this already, will give this a try, okay so 6 of Cups

Quote:
Topic: Work/career
Card: 6 of Cups

6 of cups on positive note is contentment, stability and progress and since the element is water, it feels flowing, just enough for rise in career.
6 of cups on the shadow side might feel like not holding one's own sometimes, as in wanting to move / progress to meet goals that one forgets to take a while to pat themselves on the back for the good things they have already accomplished.

Topic Life / Career
Fool
Old 03-03-2018, 04:37 AM
Master
Angelic Star

Topic: Career
Card: The Fool

On the one hand I can't wait to jump on that plane and take up a post offered overseas - it will be so exciting and adventurous to just leave everything behind and start again somewhere else (Upright energy)

On the other hand, maybe I'm taking too much of a risk and haven't given enough thought to the consequences (reversed/excessive energy)

Topic: Family
Card: Wheel of Fortune
Old 03-03-2018, 06:18 AM
Master

Family The wheel of fortune
On the one hand it seems things are totally out of my control where family is concerned. There are some very happy times when everyone pitches in to celebrate or help.
On the other hand there are these lull moments when I feel abandoned and disregarded, when relationships with family members can be more trouble and hard work than anything else. Perhaps the lesson is to rely less on luck or happy times and keep working towards firm foundations that can withstand any storms.
Topic: Sexual love
Card: Strength
Old 03-03-2018, 06:45 AM
Master
Topic: Sexual Love
Card: Strength

On the one hand I can be a very loving, gentle playmate in the sack

On the other hand I like to bring the whip out and be very domineering

(Seriously hypothetical you understand, lol)

Topic: Children
Card: 3 of Cups
Old 03-03-2018, 07:03 AM
Master

Children 3 of Cups
Seriously hypothetical same as Pandora ROFL:)
I like to make learning fun for children. I spend much time with them bantering and fooling around so that they approach me readily in time of need and generally learn a lot without realizing.
On the other hand they seem to see me as a good time and as a friend and don't take me seriously when I guide them as a mother should some times.
Old 03-03-2018, 07:04 AM
Master

Topic : Attracting and keeping love
Card: 5 of wands
Old 03-03-2018, 08:10 AM
Master
Topic: Attracting relationship
Card: 5 of Wands

On the one hand create a bit of competition to lure the men in ... but

on the other hand too much competition may work against me by putting men off who want and easy, hassle free relationship

Topic: Home
Card: 8 of Cups
Old 03-03-2018, 04:27 PM
55Degrees

On the one hand I am a tidiness and order neat freak.
On the other hand, I have a sink full of dishes that I really can't face.

Family
The Tower
Old 03-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces_Moon

On the one hand I am a tidiness and order neat freak.
On the other hand, I have a sink full of dishes that I really can't face.

Family
The Tower

Oh yuck. I hate this card. I got this card to represent my husband when he was diagnosed with cancer followed by the 10 of Cups which signified our marriage. That combo leaves me cold now. I've been trying to summon the courage to do a meditation with The Tower but don't think I'm quite ready for that level of delving. Time to start addressing my fears I guess.

Topic: Family
Card: The Tower

On the one hand, sometimes **** just happens out of the blue and for no apparent reason which throws the whole family into chaos. But ...

on the other hand, it can be a real wake up call to appreciate the family you've got, look for the positives and make sure you build even stronger connections.

Topic: Study
Card: 7 of Cups