Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-09-2019, 10:33 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Relationships can be tricky. If you watch day time TV, it becomes apparent there are a lot of talk shows but they are directed toward women. It is hard to find TV shows that are directed toward men. Having serious relationships can bring about a lot of problems. Relationships, in many cases, do not last very long. Your heart can be 'broken' and a good portion of your assets may no longer belong to you. You mentioned about having overnight relationships. This might be a wise decision on your part at least for now.

I suffer hugely that i have no woman to be intimate with. Maybe i wouldn't suffer so much if it weren't for the fact that i never have been intimate with another woman, not once! I am just human and i have prayed to God to help me find someone. There's a spiritual dating site i know of. I don't know, but if i don't find someone then i will have to try there. After all on a dating site you can atleast explain what you search for. I want someone who believes in universal love for everyone. Kind of like "jesus view on love", a form of spiritual love that extends towards everyone. I know there's people who have such a big heart and that is something i would find very attractive in a woman. Unconditional love is the highest form of love and i seek like a "soulmate" who i can connect with emotionally and spiritually and therefore this is a spiritual trait i'm longing for, it would literally be two hearts uniting in one. Therefore a spiritual dating site could be a good idea, but maybe a person shows up in my life before i try that. I have decided that i'm gonna find someone within two years. I do think i have a more clear picture now what i seek. Maybe i can find someone with similar needs and then maybe continue keeping contact via skype or something else. Thanks for your response.

I sometimes imagine that i extend love towards the whole earth. I feel the love towards earth and everything on it and then i imagine that i send light that engulfs the whole earth.

I am now gonna continue answering the others.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
You mentioned you do not have a strong work moral. This is something you will have to work on but it is not mandatory. An employer is generally more interested in having team players. Having a positive attitude in front of the boss can help you to open other doors. As you develop more skills, you will get more rounded out. Do not be surprised if you have a lot of different jobs in this life time. Expect it.

You're right. But its hard to develop work moral for me. I think its one of my negative traits that i don't have a good work moral. If i don't feel like doing something then i don't do it, no matter what it is. But i've matured lately and it does get better. I try taking responsibility and i do feel better when i do.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Create a blog, why not?
Start writing a book. Do not set yourself with high expectations. By writing a book, it will help you to channel a lot of the creative energy you possess.

I still have to think about this. But i'm open to the idea. I did try to write a book but i didn't do much before deleting it. It felt too much of a work and it requires alot of devotion. But as i just said i'm open to the idea of writing a book or creating a blog. But i'm not gonna do it now. I'll see later on.
Old 02-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension
I fundamentally believe it's not really a question of guidance but rather one of awareness of self .

“Know Thyself” – Socrates

“All the scriptures tell us one thing: Know Thyself. If you have known yourself, you have known everything else.” – Swami Satchidananda

Thanks for the post. Religions have a lot of wisdom. 'Know thyself' is so common in religious texts. Something i'll ponder on.
Old 02-09-2019, 11:04 AM
Strangerthanfiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariaecheflame
You know, I can relate to your post very much.

I don't feel this way so much now but I have certainly felt very 'lost' in my life through the years.

My energy and mind have felt so scattered at times, as though I so wanted to find an anchor but could not.

I had to do a lot of inner work to discover the root of this feeling that I was somehow not living up to my purpose here on earth.
Thanks. Very wise words from you. What inner work did you do if i may ask? Something specific you followed or did you come up with your own inner work tools?

Yesterday i red in a spiritual magazine about loving yourself is the key to find what you are meant to do. I found that similar to your advice, interesting. If i was my own loving parent i would tell myself that i should do what i feel like and that i should use my gifts the best i can but in the way i myself choose. So whatever i wish to do is what i should do. I would tell myself that being a spiritual teacher doesn't mean i need to push myself more than i can handle but to follow my heart, be nice to myself and do some inner work where i ask myself why i feel like being a spiritual teacher cannot come from my heart?

I'm not saying i don't try to follow my heart but what i do feel is that i push myself too hard. I do believe i am a spiritual teacher so i just wonder what does that mean for me? How can i best help my surrounding? I feel like happiness and freedom is most important in my life. What i wish for both myself and others is happiness and freedom but how can i help others if i feel i have to accomplish huge things to feel okay? What i really want is for others to be happy. How do i best share that with others?
Old 02-09-2019, 10:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strangerthanfiction
I can't really explain why i choose'd that title of the thread. It was somehow a way to express the problems i wanted to adress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I took it what he said to mean he was gonna risk being completely open, not just showing himself at his 'best'.

Good replies! Probably BlackfoxNZ didn't intend his post to sound like trolling, but it kind of did.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 03-09-2019, 01:28 PM
Strangerthanfiction

I've emailed two different people for help just recently but i haven't got a response yet. Maybe they don't answer all emails they get or they are on vacation.

I think i'm not gonna email any more spiritual person. Maybe i get a response but why just continue emailing different spiritual persons for help? I've done that with several spiritual people. I hope somehow that i realise more of what my role is as a spiritual teacher. I've prayed many times to get help on this matter. Maybe it isn't something specific i need to do? But i still wish to find out different ways spiritual teachers can help others. Maybe i will do a google search, i've googled this many times before though. Does anyone in here know the different ways spiritual teachers can work? Let's say we remove some options: public speaking, writing a book or starting a blog. Then what options are there left? How many options? I am actually prepared to try writing a book or starting a blog but i really would like to know some alternatives.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:21 PM
Guide

Yes, could be there isn’t something specific you need to do to become a spiritual teacher.

Once you remove the bells and whistles, I can see where alternatives seem slim.

Perhaps you could try relaxing for a moment or two, and then just try to be your own best self, setting an example within your realm.
My best teachers didn’t seek fame or fortune. It was all about listening.
Old 03-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I've emailed two different people for help just recently but i haven't got a response yet. Maybe they don't answer all emails they get or they are on vacation.

I think i'm not gonna email any more spiritual person. Maybe i get a response but why just continue emailing different spiritual persons for help? I've done that with several spiritual people. I hope somehow that i realise more of what my role is as a spiritual teacher. I've prayed many times to get help on this matter. Maybe it isn't something specific i need to do? But i still wish to find out different ways spiritual teachers can help others. Maybe i will do a google search, i've googled this many times before though. Does anyone in here know the different ways spiritual teachers can work? Let's say we remove some options: public speaking, writing a book or starting a blog. Then what options are there left? How many options? I am actually prepared to try writing a book or starting a blog but i really would like to know some alternatives.
Do you want to be a spiritual encyclopaedia "teacher" then go on and pick a religion and memorise a scripture and parot it around. If you are oblivious to your own actions and inner world you can keep it up and fool a few and yourself. Once you start to see your own hypocrisy and truly want to understand the inner workings/mysteries by practice and experience you might become a teacher by example one day.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Master

Quote:

So you want to take on the role of a spiritual teacher to help and guide others. And yet you come across as confused, lacking direction and purpose in your life. You seem to struggle with relationships, you struggle with simply working for a living, and you say that trying to write a book or a regular blog is too much effort.

It seems as if you have little motivation to do anything. You have not really mastered some of the ordinary aspects of everyday adult life. So I am puzzled that you aim to be a spiritual teacher, when you seem to still be very much a spiritual student.

And that is OK, because all of us are spiritual students. Even those out there teaching are really students. We are all at different stages of the journey; we can learn much from those who have travelled further than ourselves, just as we can advise those who are following behind us.

But the more we learn, the more we realise how little we know. So, Strangerthanfiction, I suggest that you examine yourself with humility. Perhaps one day you will be able to guide and help others, but for now you seem to be the one in need of help and guidance.

Peace