Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-04-2019, 06:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
Buddha said to move from being into non-being? Where? Can you provide a link? I would guess that is not from Buddha.

There is nothing nihilistic there. I think you are confused about the meaning of the word... here is the definition: Nihilistic - rejecting all religious and moral principles in the belief that life is meaningless. I am asserting the religious and moral principals Buddha and others taught, that to live without asserting person is the goal Buddha taught. Not only does it lead to no conflict within and without, it gives meaning to life. To project those spiritual qualities that are an inherent part of consciousness itself.

I think maybe you are using the word "nihilism" to mean rejecting becoming.... but Buddha rejected becoming as well. He said "being" not "becoming" thus why that author you posted seems very far from Buddha...they said to move to non-being....

Now calling just being an easy route as you are applying "doing nothing" conceptually, when one gives up becoming mind, but see is it easy to drop desire? To drop seeking? To drop the seeker? To drop person? No this is not an easy task. It takes an insight into self in this now moment that transforms the self.

Remember the opposite of doing is not not doing, both involve the one doing or not doing. The opposite is no "doer" and that requires a very high degree of disciplined awareness in this now moment. It requires right effort.

Yeppers, when one first sits to observe the breath as it is, seeking ends with 'this is how it is'. No doing. Just the way nature is doing it. No me, my, mine nor I.
Old 14-04-2019, 06:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I agree.

It’s rather silly going out into the world aware of your anger or unkind ways and not put any effort as your more beginning/ basic starter point. If you intend to put the effort in, in the real life experience, where you can notice and place effort on being conscious of yourself in this way, that kind of effort can instigate a move towards changing the old ways of being. With right effort awareness, one can be attentive to those triggers.

And of course Over time, as I mentioned, it can become a natural way of being, calmer less contained by your anger, or unkind manner, because your making conscious effort to be present with yourself instead. Letting it all move through you.

Less sterile and robotic about it and more ‘running on rich fertile foundations!’ You can feel someone faking all the same. So it doesn’t quite feel right at times when one is practising in this way, but you know deep down there a walking time bomb!! Dem ones try as they may, probably do need to put more effort in!

Sounds a lot like me
Old 14-04-2019, 06:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sounds a lot like me

Which one?

The faker or the heartbreaker..😁
Old 14-04-2019, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Yeppers, when one first sits to observe the breath as it is, seeking ends with 'this is how it is'. No doing. Just the way nature is doing it. No me, my, mine nor I.

Yes.

When you realize there is nothing to seek, chase the tail of, run around in circles after, bulldoze everything over, like a bull in a china shop, (if your taurean or an ox) you just breath!

See that is effortless as you describe.

Thank god you finally caught up!
Old 14-04-2019, 06:50 AM
Suspended

Quote:

When All the Concepts and Categories are Gone Only the Nonconceptual Awareness Remains
What we’re seeing here is that self-realization is ultimately self-annihilation. We don’t gain anything. Rather, we are going to lose everything. We lose the concepts of our mind, one after another, one category after another: people, objects, values. When all the concepts and categories are gone, only the nonconceptual awareness, which is a field of pure consciousness, remains. This spontaneously dissolves into its underlying ground, absolute nonbeing, total absence of being. This nonbeing, when we recognize it as the ground and inner secret of all of reality, is the night of reality, the inner of the inner. This is the Guest.

Diamond Heart Book Five, pg. 1

Krishnamurti said the positive is found through the negative or negation as well. It's because we are the creators of the filter that blocks realization. We don't get to the realization through effort, we get to it by stopping what we are doing that is preventing it's flowing at the core of our being. We don't do something to get it, we stop doing what we are doing that is obscuring it. All of this requires insights into our nature as it exists in the present moment, more awareness in other words.

That last quote, I would say some of that differently.

What we’re seeing here is that self-realization is ultimately self-annihilation.

What we’re seeing here is that self-realization is ultimately person/ego-annihilation.

The rest is good and all, but way too negative in my view.

we are going to lose everything...

very dramatic, but no lol we lose nothing...there is nothing to lose
that's just an ego's or persons perception of being person-less
thoughts projections of being thoughtless
what the writer of that does not realize is we are
person-less and thoughtless all the time, we just don't
notice it... or bring it about consciously

it is the natural state, it is not unfamiliar to us

absolute non-being, total absence of being.

more dramatic writing....we become more ourselves, not less, by dropping
an ego
Old 14-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
Krishnamurti said the positive is found through the negative or negation as well. It's because we are the creators of the filter that blocks realization. We don't get to the realization through effort, we get to it by stopping what we are doing that is preventing it's flowing at the core of our being. We don't do something to get it, we stop doing what we are doing that is obscuring it. All of this requires insights into our nature as it exists in the present moment, more awareness in other words.

That last quote, I would say some of that differently.

What we’re seeing here is that self-realization is ultimately self-annihilation.

What we’re seeing here is that self-realization is ultimately person/ego-annihilation.

The rest is good and all, but way too negative in my view.

we are going to lose everything...

very dramatic, but no lol we lose nothing...there is nothing to lose
that's just an ego's or persons perception of being person-less
thoughts projections of being thoughtless
what the writer of that does not realize is we are
person-less and thoughtless all the time, we just don't
notice it... or bring it about consciously

it is the natural state, it is not unfamiliar to us

absolute non-being, total absence of being.

more dramatic writing....we become more ourselves, not less, by dropping
an ego

I am a big fan of Kris.

We lose everything to gain more as I experience it.

More meaning, quality of being.

The everything feels more real and true.

The drama turns to dramatic and fantastical being, writing, imaginings!

I noticed the clear diamonds in my stain glass door to day! I knew it was leading me somewhere when I felt this feeling..”you haven’t seen the best as you yet”..imagine if clear diamonds can speak to you in this way, The potential of self is astoundingly bright!! Lol
Old 14-04-2019, 07:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Which one?
Time bomb

Quote:
The faker or the heartbreaker..😁
Old 14-04-2019, 07:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sounds a lot like me

By heartbreaker I mean, you let everything in the outer world crack your heart open!
Old 14-04-2019, 07:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Time bomb

Oh gawd!

You intellectual aware types confuse the hellz out of me!

Why doesn’t the practice pay off to those time bombs in self?
Old 14-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Suspended