Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > General

Old 06-03-2018, 10:50 PM
Newbie ;)

Crazy eyes?

I have what people would call "crazy eyes" which is mostly due to anxiety and stress but also it seems to be genetic since my dad has these crazy eyes too except his are worse. By crazy eyes i mean like my eyes look like i'm on cocaine because of the anxiety i get while looking someone in the eyes or by just being anxious in a social situation. It gets in the way of my social life hugely and causes me to be extremely insecure and shy around people because i am so scared of looking at them in the eyes. People usually think i'm on cocaine or something like that even though i don't take drugs. I know the obvious answer is to get rid of the anxiety but that seems impossible at this point.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Ascender
I use to have that problem as a vocalist. I didn't know about it until it was brought up. I still have that problem in public. My Mom and others have told me I look like "a deer in the headlight''.

There's really not much you can do about it. I guess you could try looking in a mirror and work on softening your eyes. I remember being in voice lessons and my teacher wanting me to look in the mirror to watch my mouth. Maybe the same thing could work for your eyes?
Old 03-06-2018, 03:59 PM
Experiencer

Maybe you should try calming exercises and supplements. Like chamomile tea or magnesium. I would say try weed but that may worsen things. I used to have crazy eyes, maybe I still do. I know I hate looking people in the eyes and maintaining eye contact. I have no idea what is the proper way to maintain eye contact so usually I end up looking crazy
Old 03-06-2018, 09:29 PM
Administrator
I can look anyone in the eye.but they can't look into mine,they all tell me my eyes frighten them.i read people but they can not keep eye contact with me they say its because I'm looking into them.
my eyes are dark and deep. which frightens a lot of people.
you are what you are.

Namaste
Old 03-06-2018, 11:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I can look anyone in the eye.but they can't look into mine,they all tell me my eyes frighten them.i read people but they can not keep eye contact with me they say its because I'm looking into them.
my eyes are dark and deep. which frightens a lot of people.
you are what you are.

Namaste
Ha ha. I have heard people say that about Aboriginals frightening them, because “they see right through you”.
Failing to question within, why another person seeing right through you would pose such a threat.
Old 08-07-2018, 04:10 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmforlife
I have what people would call "crazy eyes" which is mostly due to anxiety and stress but also it seems to be genetic since my dad has these crazy eyes too except his are worse. By crazy eyes i mean like my eyes look like i'm on cocaine because of the anxiety i get while looking someone in the eyes or by just being anxious in a social situation. It gets in the way of my social life hugely and causes me to be extremely insecure and shy around people because i am so scared of looking at them in the eyes. People usually think i'm on cocaine or something like that even though i don't take drugs. I know the obvious answer is to get rid of the anxiety but that seems impossible at this point.

"Crazy eyes" to me just look ungrounded. Do you make a point to get out in nature often and enjoying the moment while you're out there; walking barefoot through the grass soil or sand, leaning up against a tree to read or meditate, etc. Grounding can also take form of physical focused exercise. These activities also instill confidence and being more centered in social situations.

There are different eyes and expressions of them...my view of crazy eyes is the feeling I get from them that the person is ungrounded; most aboriginal eyes just look wild and piercing to me. Not crazy.
Old 05-11-2018, 05:49 AM
Master
hello dear.. I am not sure if I know exactly what you mean but I do notice something a little off about my eyes and I have suffered with anxiety issues and am afraid to look people in the eye too.. I am thinking that eyes will look much better when the body is healthier and this Dr. Robert Morse I follow said that anxiety has a lot to do with the adrenals and kidneys, or one or the other more I forget, but they are connected. I also had kidney infections as a little girl and was hospitalized and I am a Libra which kidneys are associated with so it all makes sense lol..

paperw1ngs has good advice as being grounded is amazing, and almost anything with nature heals. but it often takes more work on the body to heal deep-rooted issues too so if you feel like it check out Dr. Morse and how you can shave your anxiety away by just eating fruit and taking herbs. I made a post about fruit recently but you can check out Dr. Morse on youtube or his searchable site rawfigs to find a lot of answers <3

besides that, along the lines of grounding and as others above mentioned calming and softening yourself, you can just try to live more from your center and be mindful of the divine springs of love we come from.. you come from.. try to remember compassion when talking to others, for them and for yourself, and keep in mind that we are all spiritual beings trying the best we can at the moment and it is all all right. I need to try this more myself too.. love is easy when it comes down to it and we are love. but yes we are hurting and that is why it hurts and things get more difficult. but hopefully you are finding answers that relieve and delight you and you can give yourself a break in the meantime