Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 24-06-2015, 11:44 PM
Master
Freedom from facebook.

2 weeks and everyday I'm happier I decided to remove it from my life.

Anyone else jump off the facebook train?
Old 24-06-2015, 11:54 PM
Master
Never jumped on.......
Old 25-06-2015, 01:37 AM
Master
You were smart! Thanks for the hug. I can always use more of those!
Old 25-06-2015, 02:21 AM
Experiencer

I haven't ditched it entirely, but I use it in a healthy way now. I used to be on Facebook through my phone or laptop ALL the time. Always checking it. Now I don't log in for days. Or I use it specifically to chat with some of my friends I don't get to see because we all live so far away. It's been about 6-8 weeks, and it's been awesome.

I don't get upset about all the news articles or negative posts or opinions I didn't need to know my friends have. Makes my internet time much more positive.
Old 25-06-2015, 03:51 AM
Guide

I like FaceBook, check it maybe twice a day.

I really enjoy some of the posts (mostly pictures of cats and thoughtful sayings) , but I never put anything personal out there. I don't care who tagged who, or what someone's status is. It's just a way to stay loosely connected to far-flung cousins.

If I don't happen to logon to it for a day or two, it's no big deal. I guess it's like anything else. When it becomes an obsession, it's a problem.
Old 25-06-2015, 07:22 PM
Master
Been free from it for about 1 year. In everyday life we are exposed to vast amounts of information, some of this information is relevant and some of this information is complete nonsense. I would say face book is full of complete nonsense, for the large majority. Fair play maybe its a good way of keeping in touch with some people who are separated by large distances (Or maybe you can just pass them your e-mail), but most of the people on there are attention seeking in a bad way, and basically trying to make their lives relevant to you! through themed behaviors, where strangely enough everybody seems to say the same things! use the same expressions, make the same monumental statements, and take the same sort of pictures! and just in general fill your mind with complete nonsense! that is not going to help you in your life. They say that you are what you eat to a certain extent, if you was to eat massive amounts of junk food! and not move much, the odds are you would become a blob! The information we are exposed to on a daily basis, is food for our brains and minds! and i am sorry.....face book is complete and utter nonsense.

I did used to enjoy my space, but i just never really jumped onto the face book train when that took over! i was on twitter for along time, but then again just constant nonsense in my news feed. So i just came to a decision to kind of detach from social media, i do listen to certain people's video's on you tube and probably somewhere like (Here) is kind of a healthy form of social media almost!

Fair play you can use face book if you want, i just chose not to use it at the moment. (Sometimes its good to have abit of a mystic, and face book was just abit too much for me! but like somebody stated up above i guess you can use it in a healthy way maybe).

I just feel better not knowing, what the local celebrities are up to on a daily basis. But like i stated before i never really jumped heavy on the face book train anyway. But for people that are maybe heavy into it, its not really wise or healthy wanting some sort of approval from the minds that use that junk. Focus on yourself, and people that matter to you! that don't express junk.

And you will probably be more content and happy.
Old 25-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Master
Mind power that's exactly why I got off

It felt like bad mental programming, and the level of narcissism seems to be completely out of control. The last straw was when 2 grown educated women each posted pictures of their 10 year olds glammed up and posing provocatively.

What the heck are we teaching these girls and what can we really expect from boys who grow up from day one seeing this.
Old 26-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Experiencer

I found myself always angry at how ignorant people are. Or angry that they were angry and posting about it. It was like an instant mood killer. So I decided the rule for me was, social media is ok if I feel happy or light when I'm done.
Old 26-06-2015, 08:00 PM
Master
I believe that an even greater learning experience is dissolving one's attachments to facebook-related activity while STILL USING facebook.
Old 26-06-2015, 08:50 PM
Master
I've never been on this particular rollercoaster ride and oh, so glad.

It does have its good points, like keeping in touch with loved ones far away, but that's about it.
The ridiculous details, duck faces and bathroom scenes, I can surely live without. lol