Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 01-05-2015, 05:01 PM
Ascender

What frightens me the most is the prospect of non existence; its just like you never existed, the scariest thing is you wouldn't even know the moment of it; I can't even begin to comprehend it, people suggest a blackness but you wouldn't even perceive that, its just the complete absence of everything.
Maybe because you can actually only perceive existence perhaps from a subjective pov that very last nanosecond of awareness stretches into a personal infinity or something. You cannot perceive non existence as there is no you and I find that utterly terrifying. Its what Im struggling the most with over my mother's passing. It's the main reason I'm here to find answers, if there is more. I know I wont find scientific evidence, I doubt we ever will, but I'm here to examine people's own experiences on apparitions , NDEs & mediumship. My sister has experienced an NDE and there was paranormal activity in my home 30 years ago so I have some personal experience. The mediumship seems to offer some of the most compelling accounts BUT is the one most susceptible to fraud or a genuine but mistaken belief in a 'gift'. Also telepathy hasn't been ruled out in the more convincing cases. I come here with a very open mind but with a tough heart to convince. I hope people on here are willing to share their experiences and at the very least let me share in their personal convictions. And they will understand why I might have many questions and not jump to ill conclusions for example that I am suggesting they have made it all up. I will never automatically jump to that conclusion although like most, I like to think I can tell if I am being taken for a ride.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:28 PM
luntrusreality

There is no such thing as death so whats to be afraid of ?
Grieving and sadness can of course happen, just like anything can arise in us.
also missing someone can arise.
But it has nothing to do with an absolute reality of death.
what we are is not the body, not the mind but that in which the experience of body and mind happens.
THAT was never born and wont die as it knows no time.
we are not going anywhere, so how could any event take place ?

Death is only scary as long as we believe to be the body.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:39 PM
Burntfruit

I do have a fear of death yes.
I am a lot more comfortable with it these days and I have better understanding of what lies beyond.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:43 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality
what we are is not the body, not the mind but that in which the experience of body and mind happens.

Is that because we can only experience life and not death so that WE cannot actually ever die. Its still implies non existence though and the end of ourselves as experiencers.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:45 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
What frightens me the most is the prospect of non existence; its just like you never existed, the scariest thing is you wouldn't even know the moment of it; I can't even begin to comprehend it, people suggest a blackness but you wouldn't even perceive that, its just the complete absence of everything.
Maybe because you can actually only perceive existence perhaps from a subjective pov that very last nanosecond of awareness stretches into a personal infinity or something. You cannot perceive non existence as there is no you and I find that utterly terrifying. Its what Im struggling the most with over my mother's passing. It's the main reason I'm here to find answers, if there is more. I know I wont find scientific evidence, I doubt we ever will, but I'm here to examine people's own experiences on apparitions , NDEs & mediumship. My sister has experienced an NDE and there was paranormal activity in my home 30 years ago so I have some personal experience. The mediumship seems to offer some of the most compelling accounts BUT is the one most susceptible to fraud or a genuine but mistaken belief in a 'gift'. Also telepathy hasn't been ruled out in the more convincing cases. I come here with a very open mind but with a tough heart to convince. I hope people on here are willing to share their experiences and at the very least let me share in their personal convictions. And they will understand why I might have many questions and not jump to ill conclusions for example that I am suggesting they have made it all up. I will never automatically jump to that conclusion although like most, I like to think I can tell if I am being taken for a ride.

The first question that comes to mind is: if you wouldn't know the moment it hit and you became non-existent, what is there to fear?

And also, I feel like being afraid is pointless because dying is not optional. Not that other things don't terrify me, mind you! Go figure.

What paranormal activity did you experience? I am very interested to know.

I guess I feel there would be no point to love and close relationships if it was just for this short lifetime and then poof! I did not have paranormal experiences with my mom but many things that nudged her back into my thoughts after 32 years of basically blocking her and experiences where I just know in my heart she was showing me things. I hear you about mediums, it's always possible to find frauds. I have been leaning toward trying to develop my own psychic powers and I know anyone can do it if you learn how and practice. I would like to develop it to rely on my own intuition more for insight.

I am so sorry you are struggling with your mother's passing. Like I said, it's very interesting (and I believe a perspective I was meant to find) that we are opposite in the loss of our parents. The one I lost early has impacted my life severely, yet the one that died last year at 81 did not affect me nearly as much. It all has to do with how close you are.

I know I can't prove it to you, but I just know your mother is watching over you. I hope you can find some answers!
Old 01-05-2015, 08:46 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntfruit
I do have a fear of death yes.
I am a lot more comfortable with it these days and I have better understanding of what lies beyond.

That's great! I really feel all challenges are on earth and the other side is peace.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by luntrusreality

Agreed. I don't fear death, but I do fear the pain of the body and not knowing how I will die.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:02 PM
Seeker

I do fear not seeing my loved ones again. I think about loved ones I have lost, especially the ones that had a very hard life here and never really had the chance to enjoy the comforts others do, and I really hope that they are able to enjoy the afterlife. The thought of someone living here on Earth and living a very hard life, maybe with a horrible illness where they always suffered, or someone that grew up living in poverty and never had enough to eat and had to sleep in trash instead of a clean bed, well that would be horrible if that is all that person ever experienced. If they never experienced peace and comfort here on Earth I truly hope that they do have a chance to experience that and so much more in the afterlife. If not then this would all be so cruel.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:41 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by pomsmom
I do fear not seeing my loved ones again. I think about loved ones I have lost, especially the ones that had a very hard life here and never really had the chance to enjoy the comforts others do, and I really hope that they are able to enjoy the afterlife. The thought of someone living here on Earth and living a very hard life, maybe with a horrible illness where they always suffered, or someone that grew up living in poverty and never had enough to eat and had to sleep in trash instead of a clean bed, well that would be horrible if that is all that person ever experienced. If they never experienced peace and comfort here on Earth I truly hope that they do have a chance to experience that and so much more in the afterlife. If not then this would all be so cruel.

I truly believe that the lives we lead are pre-planned for certain lessons to be learned. It is the only view that can explain (to me) the increasingly weird situations that occur. You can read the news and each story is weirder than the last. The pain that comes from so many different situations can provide soul growth. The drama in life is egos reaction to painful situations. This is why I view earth as a kind of hell. Just my own beliefs of course. It has really changed the way I see life. When I think of something horrific like a child being murdered for example, this is the only possible reason that makes sense. Soul growth for the parent, for example. It's one of those awful things where you ask, "Why does God allow this?" I feel comforted in this thought though I am sure not everyone would agree.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:12 AM
Master
I would love to go, but I can not, since there is still some work to be done.
I was thinking about what it feel like when someone is executed, as the executions went on in Indonesia. I would have gladly taken someones place there , just to find out.