Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 04-02-2015, 09:09 PM
Seeker

people who suffer this life time around.

I have a question. I have had a terrible life this time around. I always wanted to know why would heavenly father put me on this earth to suffer so much pain. Being abused, raped, being talked down too, people stealing and lying to me, and the most painful thing is being judged all my life. I spoke with a psychic and she told me that WE are the ones that choose to come down here and suffer in pain. She said that when we do bad things in our past lives, that we feel as though we have to be reincarnated and pay for the bad things we have done in our past lives. So I wanted to know if this is true. Do some of us really have to suffer and be punished for what we did in our past lives?
Old 05-02-2015, 08:42 AM
Suspended
How would anyone know if it's true? It's simply a belief.

Take it on board if you think it'll improve your life.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:04 AM
Deactivated Account

I don't believe in karma but I do think we decide to experience these things for our soul growth.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:28 AM
Deactivated Account
I don't believe we are punished by anyone or thing but ourselves. I don't mean we attract those events to ourselves, but we may inadvertently punish ourselves further by blaming ourselves and/or adding layers of difficult emotions to what already happened. I don't know if karma exists but if it does I'm inclined to believe we actively take part in choosing particular lessons that may have come about through experiences in past lives, but it is up to us whether we decide to take those lessons. We have free will which we can exercise at anytime. Karma is a common belief that serves to create an explanation for our lot in life which is comforting for many people, but i think the meaning may be largely down to us. It is hard to see suffering as simply the result of people's unconsciousness.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:25 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelabaker
I have a question. I have had a terrible life this time around. I always wanted to know why would heavenly father put me on this earth to suffer so much pain. Being abused, raped, being talked down too, people stealing and lying to me, and the most painful thing is being judged all my life. I spoke with a psychic and she told me that WE are the ones that choose to come down here and suffer in pain. She said that when we do bad things in our past lives, that we feel as though we have to be reincarnated and pay for the bad things we have done in our past lives. So I wanted to know if this is true. Do some of us really have to suffer and be punished for what we did in our past lives?

NO let me say it again NO again NO you do not need to suffer or be punished.

that is one of the reason i started to understand incarnation instead of reincarnation. what good is getting the alleged karma if you cannot make the connection. when i have a new puppy and he makes a mess in the house. i take him over to the mess and rub his nose in it. then. i give him a little smack and put him outside. plus when i take him out later and he does his business he gets praise.

so what good is getting the pain of the alleged karma if you cannot make the connection. the understanding is not there. incarnation makes more sense.
the pain may still be there but the understanding is there to turn it into reason to improve.

kk
Old 05-02-2015, 03:19 PM
Master

You need to find out why this is happining . Is this a karmic pay back , from past life pain , or beliefs in your past lives , ect. To quote Dic k Sutphen " wisdom erasses karma".
Old 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Master
Life can be very harsh for some and for others, from our point of view, it appears they are getting a free ride, but it's all just our very limited perceptions at work.
Most times, just by simply shifting your focus slightly, you can end up experiencing life in a totally different way from what has been the norm up until now.

Don't believe everything you hear. Question everything.

To those of us who have given a lot to bare, much help is available from members of our spiritual team, the problem is we are conditioned not to pay attention, and there are programs that keeps from making connections.

Here I go suggesting a book again, but it's such a good one for learning awareness of different selves...E Tolle "A New Earth"

Stay strong
Old 05-02-2015, 08:34 PM
Seeker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by skygazer
Life can be very harsh for some and for others, from our point of view, it appears they are getting a free ride, but it's all just our very limited perceptions at work.
Most times, just by simply shifting your focus slightly, you can end up experiencing life in a totally different way from what has been the norm up until now.

Don't believe everything you hear. Question everything.

To those of us who have given a lot to bare, much help is available from members of our spiritual team, the problem is we are conditioned not to pay attention, and there are programs that keeps from making connections.

Here I go suggesting a book again, but it's such a good one for learning awareness of different selves...E Tolle "A New Earth"

Stay strong
thank you so much. I'm going to check it out. And thank you so much for your encourageing words:):):):)
Old 05-02-2015, 08:41 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkfern
NO let me say it again NO again NO you do not need to suffer or be punished.

that is one of the reason i started to understand incarnation instead of reincarnation. what good is getting the alleged karma if you cannot make the connection. when i have a new puppy and he makes a mess in the house. i take him over to the mess and rub his nose in it. then. i give him a little smack and put him outside. plus when i take him out later and he does his business he gets praise.

so what good is getting the pain of the alleged karma if you cannot make the connection. the understanding is not there. incarnation makes more sense.
the pain may still be there but the understanding is there to turn it into reason to improve.

kk
lol. I get it my friend. It's been a rocky road for me. But I don't feel sorry for myself. I'm actually proud that I made it and I'm still alive:):):) thank you:):)
Old 05-02-2015, 08:45 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert rat
You need to find out why this is happining . Is this a karmic pay back , from past life pain , or beliefs in your past lives , ect. To quote Dic k Sutphen " wisdom erasses karma".
You are right. I want to find out about my past lives,cause then I can have a better understanding:):):)