Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 21-08-2006, 04:58 PM
developing1

Question How often do you meditate?

Hi everyone!

new member here although I've been reading the topics for quite some time!

was just wondering how often people on this site meditate?

I for one meditate every night, what about you?

best wishes

developing1
Old 22-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Master
Hi developing and welcome to the site.
Meditation is so important unfortunately I am sporadic, I`l meditate once or twice a day sometimes for 45 minutes at a time for several months. Then I have an ego rebellion and seem to just stop dead, sometimes for months at atime. Then when I spiral down low enough to realise I`m slipping I kick back into it again.
It is hard to be disciplined over a long period of time I find, how do you find things with your meditation?
Old 22-08-2006, 08:50 AM
eternity

Hello Devloping,
Nice to hear from you and Petyezen.
I have been meditating for many years now and try to kkep doing so in waking state as well as formal meditation.So i guess you could say i do it most of the day.
It took a long long time to reach this state but well worth it.
Good to have you with us.
Light and grace.
Eternity.
Old 22-08-2006, 10:38 AM
developing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Hi developing and welcome to the site.
Meditation is so important unfortunately I am sporadic, I`l meditate once or twice a day sometimes for 45 minutes at a time for several months. Then I have an ego rebellion and seem to just stop dead, sometimes for months at atime. Then when I spiral down low enough to realise I`m slipping I kick back into it again.
It is hard to be disciplined over a long period of time I find, how do you find things with your meditation?

Hi peteyzen and eternity!

I meditate every night for about 15-20 mins, most of my meditations I see peoples faces who I've never seen before also get symbols and almost always seem to 'go off' somewhere like a beautiful garden that I've created for myself and sometimes visitors are there waiting for me!

also sometimes I don't get any of the above and just sit in silence and feel nice and refreshed afterwards!

Best wishes

developing1
Old 22-08-2006, 10:54 AM
bluespirit

Well,funnily enough I was talking to a friend last night who is a medium. We were discussing meditation and she told me she never meditates but relies on music,believing it is better than meditation.
As long as one picks the right kind of music (soothing etc) it works better than meditation.
Old 22-08-2006, 01:26 PM
Master
I know where she is coming from blue spirit. I guess it depends what you want from your meditation, if it is just relaxing and uncoiling then the music listening is great as is sitting in silence and drifting off.
But (and this is just my experience) if you want to really challenge yourselftake alook at focused meditations such as vipassna or colour meditation. If you would like help with the simple technique just call me or pm
Old 22-08-2006, 02:58 PM
bluespirit

That is kind of you,Peteyzen. I usually find I only have to drift off to sleep (like this afternoon lol) and I find myself with spirit. I am sure they wait until I'm snoring my head off then decided to visit!
Like today,dreamed of my step daughter. She passed over many years ago by her own hand but I believe I witnessed her actually 'crossing over' after all this time.
Old 23-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Master
That must have been a relief for you. God bless blue spirit
Old 23-08-2006, 10:27 AM
bluespirit

Rather interesting dream,Petey. We were standing on a railway platform waiting for a train to go home. Suddenly she crossed over the railway line and joined a group of people on the other side!
Then turned and waved! Bless her.
Old 23-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespirit
Well,funnily enough I was talking to a friend last night who is a medium. We were discussing meditation and she told me she never meditates but relies on music,believing it is better than meditation.
As long as one picks the right kind of music (soothing etc) it works better than meditation.

hmmm this struck a real chord with me my favourite rock music played as loud as possible seems to 'lift' me, clear any **** out of my head and i feel open wide spiritually and on a mega 'high'
Closed Thread