Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-02-2012, 11:00 AM
contentest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Heart
I am so afraid of death that when I think about it my mind throws itself into flurries, my stomach knots, and I break down into a panic attack.

I've had this fear since I was 13, I am now 23. It haunts me no matter how much I try to ignore and escape it.

I am terrified of the idea of "forever" and I'm also afraid that when I die I won't exist at all. I'm afraid of never seeing my children or my husband again.

So many unknowns, it terrifies me and I don't know what to do to become at peace with the idea of dying.
There is absolutely nothing to be afraid of. It is hard to imagine anything more natural than death - any fear of it is clearly irrational, and knowing that on an intellectual plane may help you get over it emotionally.

"Forever" ceases to be intimidating once you realize that it is vastly different from the time-bound mind's conception of it. It is not a pile of minutes and hours that never reaches the top, it is the opposite - one continuous instant.

If you completely ceased to exist after death, what would there be to be afraid of? You wouldn't be aware of anything.

The most reliable sources on what actually does happen I guess would be enlightened individuals (if you have faith in the mystical) or people who have had near-death experiences (if your faith lies with science). In either case the news is more than good.

The best way to deal with any fear is probably to deal with fear itself, not the specific object of your particular fear. Fear always lies in the future, and the future is an illusion projected ahead by your mind, distracting you from the present moment.

The present moment is a continuous instant. You are already in "forever". Let go of your fear, the circle is complete! :)
Old 19-02-2012, 03:35 PM
helygen

I'm not afraid of death. Im afraid of dying. Will it hurt much, will I be ready? But I'd have been afraid of birth for the same reasons and I survived that ok. You can choose to worry about what cannot be changed but it's much better to rely on God and his angels to see you through it all and choose instead to cherish your life and live it to the full. Sending you peace and love.
Old 19-02-2012, 05:07 PM
Master
Yeah, these threads ....my heart goes out to you...and makes me wish I didn't have to stop nursing college. I would have loved being a hospice nurse. I worked as a cna for a time in a nursing home and I never really feared death...but I did have a period of time I did feel uneasy about it, but I think I allowed others to believe their fears.

When I worked in the nursing home I saw so many people fearing death...I'd take it upon myself when I wasn't working to visit people that were nearing death in the ICU...and I'd listen to them and I'd talk to them. Sometimes I had to help them release their ingrained fears and guilt. It was a true blessing and I was honored to see them set free of fear and go into death and know it was only a transition and that were not dying really. Just the vessel for this period of life.

When My mom in law was dying...they told us, the doctors, that she was doing better and might make it. I was relieved...and I had to leave to take care of my kids and she grabbed hold of me with such force and I saw the fear in her eyes. I think of everyone in her family, she felt safest with me and knew somehow that I understood. I sat back down and I held her hand and just talked and eased her mind and her whole appearance just relaxed and I saw the fear leave. she couldn't talk, but I knew she was afraid and I did my best to ease her fears.
Old 20-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Heart
I am so afraid of death that when I think about it my mind throws itself into flurries, my stomach knots, and I break down into a panic attack.

I've had this fear since I was 13, I am now 23. It haunts me no matter how much I try to ignore and escape it.

I am terrified of the idea of "forever" and I'm also afraid that when I die I won't exist at all. I'm afraid of never seeing my children or my husband again.

So many unknowns, it terrifies me and I don't know what to do to become at peace with the idea of dying.

Wolf Heart - Welcome to SF. Perhaps reading some books of those that have had near death experiences would be helpful to you. One that comes to mind is "Saved by the Light" by Dannion Brinkley. There are lots out there that would be comforting to you and ease your mind.

Blackraven
Old 20-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Aquarian

I should add, whilst death doesn't bother me in the slightest (except for how loved ones will interpret it), rebirth?
Old 20-02-2012, 12:54 PM
amy green

I have had 3 close encounters with death (all accidents) and had a "taste" of what it entailed. Our energy continues but (and here's the bad news folks) I was given the knowledge that our ego doesn't. I guess this is the nub of the fear isn't it? Although being spiritual means we recognise that the ego is illusory, however, this is how we know ourselves. So whatever continues, will do so without our knowledge. Can't say that, with this insight, I am left anymore reconciled/accepting of dying. Just being real here.
Old 20-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
I have had 3 close encounters with death (all accidents) and had a "taste" of what it entailed. Our energy continues but (and here's the bad news folks) I was given the knowledge that our ego doesn't. I guess this is the nub of the fear isn't it? Although being spiritual means we recognise that the ego is illusory, however, this is how we know ourselves. So whatever continues, will do so without our knowledge. Can't say that, with this insight, I am left anymore reconciled/accepting of dying. Just being real here.

Hi Amy, Wolfheart, and others,

You know... telling you that there is nothing to fear about death really isn't helpful, I know.
People will post in regard to this in a manner to support their own resistance to fear. Confirming faith in themselves.

I'm above the age of 55 now, and I've thought and meditated much about the Truth, and the True nature of things.

Concerning Ego that you bring up, I've recognized that it is connected with the survival instinct, of this evolved, and organic aspect of ourselves.
But we are more and other than this mere physical form, in illusory time and space.
If, as Physics revelations tell us, the material world is illusory, and not as real as percieved by our limted physical senses, what then of these organic forms in which we find ourselves?
Spiritually speaking, Ego is related to, "sin". We are all in the same boat, "Here".

Your true person, and origin, resides in the in the immaterial, and, is about the, "Spiritual".
This is the true nature of things regarding, "God", and, with respect to the, angelic.

To which, as Agent Smith stated in the movie, "The Matrix", many remain, "Oblivious", to.

Here are some links which I think you will appreciate, and, what I might ad to this is that, regarding God, who is, "Love"...Saved means rescued, as by another....and, Grace means Unmerited Favor.
You are loved by God, and despite our faults and failures and such, you are nevertheless, "Saved",
in His Love.
"A child of the Universe...."

This, below, pertains to your true personage, and, apart from what is, "apparent" in this, "construct" of space/time:
http://www.angelsghosts.com/angels_what_are_they.html

As does this, also:
http://hiddenlighthouse.wordpress.com/category/descension/

In the index at this site are many near death experiences to read, which ought to comfort you:
www.nderf.org

Feel free to pm me for anything further.
There is a tripod of consensus now, in the world today.

-The revelations of Physics concerning what the material world really is,
-The many NDE accounts we can read today,
-And of course, the Ancient Scriptures.

There is alignment, and agreement in all, which mutually support one another.

God Bless,
Peace, and, Shalom!

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 20-02-2012, 09:31 PM
amy green

Yes Morpheus, I am familiar with the many anecdotes of near death experiences (where they are out of the body and see themselves lying there). They indeed give me hope (to counter my own, more sober, experience). Here's hoping they stay in their recognisable form once the cord (that binds them to the physical body) is severed. I've heard it said that the spirit of a person hovers spatially in the area of death for about 2 weeks - would welcome feedback on this.
Old 21-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Knower

The antidote to fear is knowledge.Seek and you shall find.
Old 21-02-2012, 10:18 AM
amy green

A lot of people would say that the antidote to fear is love (in this case, trust maybe).