Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-02-2012, 01:20 AM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
No one will ever experience death. In order to experience death...one has to be present....if there is life beyond this physical experience which we call life...then you will not experience death but the soul continuing it's journey. If there is no life beyond this experience of life on earth then you will not be present and you will not experience death either.
Nicely put.

Good post Celeste too.

I welcome death but I don't think I'm going to be let off planet Earth that easily.
Old 16-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Heart
So many unknowns, it terrifies me and I don't know what to do to become at peace with the idea of dying.
The only completely reliable source of information about what happens after death is the Bible. It shows us what happens after death and how we can prepare for it. If you want to learn more about the Bible here is a good place to begin.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=27285

I used to be afraid of death because I knew that after death I would face God's judgment and I knew that I didn't always live up to what God requires of us. But I finally learned that God had provided a way for my sins to be forgiven so that I wouldn't need to fear meeting God. I put my faith in Jesus to forgive my sins and now I don't have any fear of death at all.

http://www.backtothebible.org/Indexe...rms&Itemid=180
Old 17-02-2012, 03:02 AM
Celeste

A couple of years before my mom passed away, the very thought of her dying gave me a panic attack. I couldn't breathe, felt such a pressure in my chest, it was awful, as panic attacks can be. Then a very spiritual person (a "librarian," who had access to the Akashic records) told me that my mom and I shared a heart. That we weren't soul mates, but the problems we were taking on in this life took two people. So we were two people with one heart. She said whenever I was with her and we were relaxing together, I should picture taking my part of the heart back, and returning herpart of the heart back to her. Well it worked. Maybe if you can find someone to help you get to the bottem of it, and maybe give you a similar spiritual exercise to do. Just another thought.
Old 17-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Master
Quote:
I am so afraid of death that when I think about it my mind throws itself into flurries, my stomach knots, and I break down into a panic attack.

I've had this fear since I was 13, I am now 23. It haunts me no matter how much I try to ignore and escape it.

I am terrified of the idea of "forever" and I'm also afraid that when I die I won't exist at all. I'm afraid of never seeing my children or my husband again.

So many unknowns, it terrifies me and I don't know what to do to become at peace with the idea of dying.

Maybe volunteer as a hospice worker. Facing death will help you get over it.

Blessings, James
Old 17-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Master
Celeste ~ I kinda feel that way about my son and I.

Old 18-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Saspian

Quote:
I am so afraid of death that when I think about it my mind throws itself into flurries, my stomach knots, and I break down into a panic attack.

I've had this fear since I was 13, I am now 23. It haunts me no matter how much I try to ignore and escape it.

I am terrified of the idea of "forever" and I'm also afraid that when I die I won't exist at all. I'm afraid of never seeing my children or my husband again.

Death may well embrace some form of continuation, perhaps reincarnation.
Some folk claim to have been reunited with past family and lovers in a new incarnation. I imagine this could only involve some vague emotive memories.

Death may also be extinction; we are all in the same boat;I personally try to hold a 50-50- outlook and enjoy life reasonably without seeking too many dubious so called pleasures. If we try to push too much into one life, by becoming hedonistic, we might just shorten the remainder.

TRy and cheer up!
Old 18-02-2012, 01:49 AM
Master
Quote:

You know what ? We are EXACTLY the same . I fear death since 10 years old and I used to cry every night , scared to close my eyes at night , running until my leg stopped , hide under my bed etc .
My extreame fear of death lead me to found an understand , a discovery of "myself" , the purpose of "mylife" , the meaning of life & death and offer a sense of peace in me .
I want to believe 2500 years ago , there was a person said to had live in the best of life having same fear and he is known as Mr Siddharta a prince from Kapilavasto , India or better known as The Buddha .
My realization of Buddhism is very different from what it practice out there and even I still fear death now but very-very much less from before .
I will be happy to share with you .
In addition to this realization , there are many scientific proof by hundreds of top scientis such as The Scole Experiment , the work of Micheal Roll , Dr Brian Weiss , DR Raymond Moody etc ...so check the afterlife proof in internet I am sure it helps .

E-mail me for sharing & helping each other at [email protected]
From CSEe - Malaysia
Old 18-02-2012, 03:10 AM
Celeste

Silvergirl, if that's what you feel, then it is true.

After my mom's death (I swear I spent my whole life coming to terms with the fact that my mom would die someday, and how was I gonna make it--only child that I am) I can face any death. And I do where I work. I would pray, Dear God, let me die first. So, trust me, I understand fear. It's funny, the more we all "talk," answers are revealed, that may ring a chord, and help

Try to believe, that when your time comes, you'll be ready, God will help you, and you'll be ok. (Pray for this, all the time.)
Old 18-02-2012, 03:45 AM
Master
My fear of death perhaps is more " manageable' compared to 30 years ago , I am more at peace , more open to it and more accepted it even now I have a daughter , wife that I dear most .
The reason perhaps is my realization about death and partly my so call understanding on life afterdeath .
By common sense & from my knowledge , all form of energy could be never fanished but could only be transformed . There is nothing stay the same of me except my name which is given by my father .
Each moment , my body , my desire , my thinking , my emotions changes I am not the one who cry for candy anymore , I am not the one who party all night long anymore and now I have different desire and surely my desire will change .
Each second I live and die and re-born new . In me , I feel emptiness and I know I am blinded by the attachement that form / shape and knowned to be "myself" that I need to be free of .
My ultimate desire in life is my daughter , the love for my daughter is above all . In Buddhism , I realize my daughter is actually is never belong to me , is never owned by me but same as me on her way to her own purification process .
In Buddhism , I realize " my daughter" is my lesson for my ultimate freedom from my ultimate desire , in Buddhism I should "let go" my desire / emotions on her as my desire is resulted from my greed , that I should love my daughter SAME & EQUAL to all living or non-living .
Only if I reach to such realization to "let go" my ultimate desire that is my love to my daughter , I will be free of suffering , a step closer to purity .
Only if I accepted I or all my love one of SAME and EQUAL with all living or non-living ......I will be free of all kind of suffering , free of suffering of NOT KNOWING , free of suffering on death / birth/survival or from all kind of emotions . desire or fear .
This process of discovery , searching /knowing & understanding own desire , own emotions in own self by realization , by being awake is Buddhism .
I have a very different view on Buddhism from what is being practice and Buddhism was never in my view a religion so be free to explore this .
I really hope to discuss on this issue of fear of death before I die , I wish to "walk in' into my coffin not "push in"...haha okey .
Thks
CSEe
Old 18-02-2012, 09:16 AM
curiouscara

I totally understand what you mean I feel exactly the same, I can't come to terms with the fact that I will cease to exist, not for me but for my children.
I know that the time they will need me the most in their lives I will have died. I hate that thought BUT I have started to prepare a memory box, I write them letters once or twice a year and seal them and put them in the box, photos, trinkets from days out. I know that they will have memories and new communication with me after I have died and that helps me sleep a little easier.
We're all in the same point and cannot do a damn thing about it so just prepare for it and experience as much of life as you possibly can. No regrets :)