Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 22-07-2018, 10:32 PM
Master

That would be fun James. Channeling doesn't have to be serious all the time. But um, after your trip and you are safely back home.
Old 22-07-2018, 11:28 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
That would be fun James. Channeling doesn't have to be serious all the time. But um, after your trip and you are safely back home.

Back in late September and expect to be busy cleaning up my garden for awhile.
Old 23-07-2018, 12:02 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew

Back in late September and expect to be busy cleaning up my garden for awhile.

I was wondering earlier who was going to watch your garden while you are away.
Old 23-07-2018, 01:08 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I was wondering earlier who was going to watch your garden while you are away.

My son will harvest as opportunity is presented and later we will allow the squirrels and other beasties to have at it so nothing is wasted. Then the remainders are turned under to compost for next year. So.... no worries mate. The only things that are ripening now are blueberries and cherry tomatoes. All else is on the down cycle.
Old 23-07-2018, 01:23 AM
Master
I wanted to write to wish you a happy long overdue belated happy birthday James.

And to congratulate you on your retirement.

Enjoy your gardening, rest, and peaceful quiet.

Blessings.
Old 23-07-2018, 01:42 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I wanted to write to wish you a happy long overdue belated happy birthday James.

And to congratulate you on your retirement.

Enjoy your gardening, rest, and peaceful quiet.

Blessings.

Thanks. I didn't really want to retire but my attention span at work was shortening. I began earning my own money in 1953 when I was eleven. I sold the evening paper at a busy intersection in daily going home traffic. When the light was red people in cars from the forties would buy my papers for 10 cents. After about 1.5 hours I had made 35 cents or so. Good money for a kid in those days. Since then I've never been unemployed, until now. ha ha.... Thanks again. Hope all is well with you.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by bartholomew
This is just a short post to say that in my experience as a conscious channel the feelings that are present during a session indicate a connection to some higher place. One that I normally do not move about in. In this state I either speak to a group or write in private. No matter. There is a rush of ideas and images that sometimes come at me so fast that I cannot keep up. Later I try to analyze with the aim of improving. One thing I note, always note, is that after the session ends and I "come down" again and read what transpired I find that since the connection is gone and the "magic" with it the narrative lacks the vitality it seemed to have just a few moments before.

The above is the way it is with me so very often. So to compensate I always try to write quickly and to remember. I also try to proof read immediately but this is not easy as I am often tired from the effort.

These comments seem to confirm to me that the connection was real and not imagined. One more thing that I didn't say is that the usual progression of time seems different too.

I've been at it now for a couple of decades, almost three, with channeling. I know from speaking with other channels that most of this is common. The last thing to say is this. When a session begins it does so suddenly. I can feel it. I feel the connection being made. And I can sense now that my consciousness is expanded too. Later it stops and things go back to normal.

I am relating all this so that those who have an interest might gain some insights. Will you experience the same things as I? I would say that you would, yes but not necessarily so dramatically. I'm a Gemini after all and we tend to overdo things.

If there are those reading this who think they have a calling to be a channel I say just relax and allow it to happen. There is not too much difference between a writer with a vivid imagination at work on a novel and a channel doing his or her thing. I think the two are similar.

A last comment is this. Just before I began conscious channeling I was contacted by my friend in spirit, Bartholomew in an explicit way (automatic writing). I have spoken with others who shared such an experience. Is this common? Maybe. The prospective channel might watch for such an event.

James

Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to hear directly what goes on in the mind of one who channels and has done so for decades.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:08 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Thanks for sharing. It's interesting to hear directly what goes on in the mind of one who channels and has done so for decades.

Another thing I failed to mention is this. We get used to it and as we do so we tend to be acclimated. We feel it less. Sometimes one will say, "I think the ability is gone because I feel nothing now where before it was very pronounced". That's just because it is not new any more. It's still there though. Every time I do a soul reading for someone I am thus connected. Is it a big deal? No. Such things happen to many who haven't a clue that it's really a connection to somewhere else. History is filled with such people who were said to be special for this or that reason. Those with strong intuitive minds are more connected to the "outside" than are many others. Intuition, after all, is not a product of the physical brain. If it were animals would share it. Only a few animals can "think around corners". DaVinci may have been connected every time he dreamed up some invention. It's possible.

Many times we hear about "female intuition". Are women more inclined for this? Maybe. It certainly is a fact though that many, many great writers and musical composers who were male were also homosexual. I believe there is a connection. It's not about sexuality. That is only a manifestation of something else.

Sorry for the mini dissertation.

Thanks for the nice response.
Old 07-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Experiencer

Its funny when I read the first post. I get something similar I call them epiphanies though except when they occur there is an expanded awareness that comes with it and all of a sudden I just have knowledge. Usually it is not even knowledge I am seeking, but it is knowledge I feel down to a cellular level as being correct.

Namaste`
Old 07-08-2018, 05:44 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compendium
Its funny when I read the first post. I get something similar I call them epiphanies though except when they occur there is an expanded awareness that comes with it and all of a sudden I just have knowledge. Usually it is not even knowledge I am seeking, but it is knowledge I feel down to a cellular level as being correct.

Namaste`

Little windows that sometimes open to reveal ???? And then they close again.