Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Loving Tributes & Remembrance

Old 08-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Experiencer
You know Native Spirit, I would read Glenos posts, not knowing he was someone I knew from years past. But there was something in his understanding of Spirit, certain things he said/wrote, reminded me very much of his mother and her beliefs. She was a remarkable lady that's for sure.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Petros

Man who was 'life and soul of the party' took his own life
9 Aug 2013 09:17

Glenister Chalker hadn’t been seen or heard from for a week when neighbours reported him missing

Share on print Share on email

A 57-year-old man described by a neighbour as “the life and soul of the party” took his own life, an inquest heard.

Glenister Chalker, who hanged himself, hadn’t been seen or heard from for a week when neighbours reported him missing, a coroner heard at Windsor Guildhall on Thursday, August 1.

A toxicology report revealed Mr Chalker, of Pembroke, Great Hollands, had not been drinking, nor had taken any medication, before his death on January 19.

Sarah Dawson, who lived opposite Mr Chalker for nearly 50 years, said her neighbour had never given her any reason to think he would take his own life. She said: “He had problems and would come to me talk about them, I’d give him advice and he’d always leave happy.

“We knew he struggled with money but whenever he had any he was so generous, he’d insist on getting us things because we’d helped him out.

“I felt obliged to take it but bad knowing he’d have nothing again in a few days. He would often come over for dinner and was the life and soul of the party.”

Coroner Peter Bedford heard in the week he was missing Thames Valley Police tried to contact Mr Chalker but he had not answered.

Officers attended his home after receiving a fear for welfare call, forced entry and found Mr Chalker’s body upstairs.

Recording a verdict that Mr Chalker had taken his own life Mr Bedford said: “If it was an overdose it could be a cry for help but with this sort of thing the window to save him was very small. This isn’t something you can do by pushing a switch. It takes thinking about.”
Old 10-08-2013, 11:01 AM
deepsea

Just found this poor Glen.

I notice on here that it stated sleeping pills. I was told he had hung himself.
Which is correct?

Whatever way he took his life,I sincerely hope you are now at peace,dear Glen.

Deepsea