Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 27-01-2013, 03:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Spiritlite,

Its a cool photo it doesnt surprise me though, as the Native people are very spiritual

Namaste

Native Spirit--

This is kind of off-topic but since Native Americans are so spiritual, have you ever thought about the belief system that burial grounds should not be disturbed, or spiritual places--in regard to Native Americans? Wouldn't you think that would cause too many of them to remain earth-bound "guarding" burial grounds (or haunting those who disturb them)?

I know this sounds like a dumb question. I believe I've had a life and have a guide who is Native American or indigenous, but I've wondered about this often but was afraid to ask and sound insulting. That's not how I mean it.

Lora
Old 03-02-2013, 01:36 AM
Raven Poet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
What do you guys think?
Spiritlite.
Gosh it was funny to witness your frustration and hard work getting your photo posted! Thanks for the chuckles.

Also .. the photo is AMAZING! Thank you for your determination in getting this beautiful photo up on this forum!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:16 AM
Master

Attachment 1323

don't know if this will work - very not picture savvy -I took the picture and drew circles - I always like to look for faces in orb pictures. i saw some in here, thought I'd point them out....

Last edited by Nameless : 03-02-2014 at 02:07 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:08 PM
ValleyGirl_88

oh Wow! that is a great picture. Did you take it or do you knw where it came from?
I am not sure about the faces, cuz I have never seen them in many orb pics, but that is heavy that SO many of them are there.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Of course we are free to believe, but I also like to show you that there are other and better explanations.

Chrysaetos--

"Better" is your interpretation, not everyone's. There is a point at which the skeptic could be given "indisputable proof"...but would find other explanations. Even for those who aren't skeptics, each person has a different "set point". Some can have 999,999 "coincidences" and not until the millionth will they open their mind to some other explanation. Everyone is different. You are free to believe what you want.

BTW---There is a school of thought that says that beliefs are just thoughts you think a lot. Our societies, and science, have drilled certain repeated thoughts so frequently that you are considered unbalanced to not have the same beliefs--repeated thoughts.

Once you have a belief, you attract others who think like you, you see "examples" in what you perceive. It is --and I hate to say this New Age-y thing--Law of Attraction. You will get confirmation of your beliefs, no matter what they are.

Or, put another way, whatever you believe--is right!

The key is to allow leeway for those things which don't quite "make sense"--so that there is the possibility of change of beliefs. Otherwise, you are a closed vessel, only allowing thoughts/beliefs like your own in.

Sorry--just philosophical meandering --that will only be valid for those who already believe those things!

Namaste

Lora
Old 04-02-2013, 10:46 PM
Master
You misunderstand empiricism.

Besides, this is a very old thread (saw it in subscribed threads) and I've no desire to go back to it (only to make this statement to make my point in case you want me to respond further, which I shall not). I've said all I wanted here and stick to it.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:02 AM
Raven Poet

Some people say: "I'll believe it when I see it" ... others say "I'll see it when I believe it." Sing with me people, "and I saw the face ... now I'm a believa!"

Science tries to explain the unexplainable in scientific terms - I think that's the snag. However, I'm not a highly educated person and am a sleeves-rolled-up worker ... but it's working in the muck and the grit of the front lines where one can see many "miracles" -- evidence of Spirit that can't be proven in physical laws.

Just a thought. I'm going to go eat cake (sorry, I'm sleep deprived and now I'm getting punchy). But I wanted to let the OP know that belief is powerful and does create our "reality" - or so I believe!
Old 09-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Suspended
I have Many photos like this one. Being a Desert Indian, when I take flash photos outside I get many dust orbs, and this is what I see here. I am able to dupulicate this kind of photo by thowing dust in front of camera when the flash pops.
Old 17-02-2013, 02:39 AM
BabeRuthless

That's awesome! Orbs are so beautiful!