Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 13-11-2011, 08:16 PM
earthprowler

what you failed to learn the last time will be part of what you need to learn this time....and the next time, and the next.....until you open your eyes and get it.
Old 18-11-2011, 02:18 PM
Elizabeth

It would be better not to think of yourself as being punished...but balancing out wrong deeds committed in the past. If you have inflicted suffering on another being, surely it is only right that you should make retribution for your actions? That is justice. Our souls cannot continue to reach their full potential until we have put right past wrongs.
Old 18-11-2011, 02:26 PM
sirrius2

karma is a law of nature. it is not punishment. you learn to become a better person by living through situations you create for yourself in future lives. Things like forgiveness, patience, love, acceptance, peace.
Old 19-11-2011, 09:19 AM
Guide
In my experience with past lives it is my belief that we are not punished from one life to the next for misdeeds. What we have to do is keep evolving and if there is something that we are not learning in this life it will be on the 'to do list' in the next. We are on a journey and like all journey's it is leading us somewhere. If we take a wrong turn somewhere on the road and do not correct it in this life we will have to make that correction somewhere along the road in some life in order to continue along the path and on the journey that is meant for us.

As for punishment, I have strong feelings about punishment. I do not believe that 'the powers that be' are keeping a tab on each of us for each misstep. What I do believe is that sometimes we are harder on ourselves than anyone could be. We often expect more of ourselves than is needed. Sometime it is just a bad day. Who hasn't had a bad day that they have thought something bad about someone or about doing something bad. The point is that you refrain from doing bad things because 'you' feel it is wrong. So in my opinion if you have come far enough to see that something is wrong for you then you have learned that lesson and what would be the need for punishment on a lesson learned?

Blessed Be
SpiritCarrier