Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 08-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Seperate_Reality

I first realized, that I was a non-physical, spiritual being and not the physical human body I operate and look at in a mirror. I have had some really cool OBE's, or, simply put, moving out of and away from my physical body. A few of these were very far away from my body and even this planet. Through my spiritual type studies I had read the exact and whole truth on the subject of spiritual beings. Anyone can realize things in life by viewing the exact and whole truth of life itself. There are very many lies, half and partial truths, but
someone has to search and find the whole body of truth or knowledge of life.
I think part of our native spiritual nature is recognizing truth, even a partial truth can grab a person's attention, but results or realizations come from complete truths or knowledge. Along with seeing parts of a couple of my past lives, and learning the truth, that spiritual beings are immortal (can never die or be killed) and that we are each stuck in the physical birth-death body cycle, rebirth made a lot of sense to me and I realized this as a truth. Even though we each forget from one lifetime to the next, that knowledge is still there in our minds which we take with us from lifetime to lifetime, so someone can still "sense" parts of this knowledge. There is a lot to learn and realize about this subject and it won't happen overnight. The Bible or lost books of the Bible has a few partial truths or hints about this. The below verse was taken from Bible UFO Connection, Lost Book of Adam and Eve. You can see the these two beings coming from the non-physical spiritual reality into the physical world reality which includes mortal, physical, human bodies. The start of the physical birth-death cycle. The second verse is another hint or partial truth from the Bible.

Adam And Eve Could No Longer See The Angels In Heaven
"4:8 And Adam said to Eve, "Look at your eyes, and at mine, which before beheld angels praising in heaven; and they too, without ceasing. 9 But now we do not see as we did; our eyes have become of flesh; they cannot see like they used to see before."

Psalm 90:10The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. (as non-physical, immortal, spiritual beings, we each Depart the Deceased mortal, physical, human body.)
Old 09-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Experiencer
Dawn, I loved your post. I think that many things relating to spirituality could be described the same way - it seems crazy until you experience it!

I grew up feeling quite odd about myself, like I was really someone else because who I was didn't fit, only I didn't know who. The idea of reincarnation always made sense to me, but I was always skeptical about the supernatural, and it wasn't until I began having a kind of "spiritual awakening" that things began to fall into place for me.

I talk to spirits now, particularly my spirit guides, and I ask them questions about these things all the time. One of my guides is someone with whom I have shared several past lives, and we have talked and laughed and cried about them many times. This understanding has helped me find myself, understand the self I felt disconnected from because of the conditions in which I began my current life (very different from my last one, a self I still felt strongly connected to). This journey is extraordinary and breathtaking. I quite understand why for others it may seem crazy or ridiculous, but I have all the proof I need for myself... and some wonderful discarnate friends besides.

Also, unrelated to the above, I have to say I have always found the many accounts of children who remember their past lives, especially those which have been verified, to be very compelling.
Old 11-07-2011, 12:55 AM
Master
while lucid dreaming, I have experienced my self in another body. The energy of the new body is always a bit of shock to me, as it is different from my own. A few times I am flooded with a knowing of the story that goes along with the body, but sometimes, I just become aware of myself in this new/old form and survey either the landscape or the person or people that are there with me.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:22 AM
Dawn

Westleigh, thanks for saying so.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:40 AM
Ascender

I never disbelieved in reincarnation. Well actually, i did when i was growing up because i was raised catholic, but when i become an adult, i could think for myself and i stopped practicing religion and just never really felt right about it. so anyway, my introduction to believing in reincarnation happened a little over a year ago when i brought my daughter to our chiropractor who performs Neuro Emotional Technique (N.E.T.) and she had some eczema for which he did some applied kinesiology to get to the root cause of the original stuck emotion that was causing it. it turned out it was from a past life of hers. her eczema cleared up by that night and was gone by the next day. that eczema had been there for months and it just disappeared overnight. then our chiropractor was telling us that we are all just really souls and he has a book that i can borrow that can explain more. He let me borrow Journey Of Souls. i read it and loved it! Then he let me borrow Destiny of Souls and I loved that too. i bought several other related books and read them, and i'm a believer. It just makes sense to me.
Old 28-07-2011, 08:43 AM
AnuChandra

As a child, growing up around people who hardly new what reincarnation means, in a nonreligious Christian family. I had not been introduced to the idea by my parents. But I saw dreams that taught me to believe in past lives. Later I learned that its actually a belief others know of also, it wasn't just me thinking we have lived before.

My youngest son further convinced me when he was maybe 3 or 4 when he told me about his realistic dream of Ancient Egypt. Also, he told me that "sometimes, I can be your mom and I have dark hair". "Mom, your name could be Maria, sometime" etc... My continuous dreams and these words from my children inspired me to go to a regression therapy session. It changed my life. It was so amazing, I knew immediately I didn't make up anything.

I then began to study regression therapy and now maybe 10 years later I have worked with hundreds of people and I have absolutely no doubt people reincarnate. =)
Old 28-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Declared Insane

Interesting subject.

Since I was young I have this feeling that I've lived before this. I feel like I'm really really old and that I've been sent to do something. I've met a few people that have claimed that I'm was spiritual master and teacher in a previous life here on earth and that I'll eventually reclaim that status.

Anyhow, I believe people do reincarnate but not necessarily to the same plane of existence. There are many planes and chances are that most don't reincarnate to the same plane. If you reincarnate to the same plane you might have past memories. People who cross each other frequently tend to have special or destructive connections. Some people connect so strongly that they can reincarnate in the same cycles.

I also say that great i was this and that but now in this life i have a different purpose and lesson to learn let me focus on that.
Old 28-07-2011, 05:50 PM
CJ82Sky

i believe in past lives because i have had a few very strong past life flashbacks. the first one was when i was in college watching a movie and a scene in the movie flashed me to this image of me drowning and i (in this life) started to hyperventilate. it was horrifying and the memories were crystal clear.

since then i've done much meditation and discovered a lot more about my past lives and try to use what i discover to help me from repeating past mistakes and continue to progress on my spiritual journey this life.
Old 28-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Caretaker

Since energy cannot be destroyed and we are primarily energy it would stand to reason that when our physical body dies that the energy that makes us up would search for another vessel. It is likely that the energy within us was already in existence prior to this body, thus would suggest that it had already searched for the vessel we are in now.

Another note, I haven't had experience with my guides persay, i don't believe, but I had 'encounters' with spirits on occasion. For some reason I don't seem to communicate with them in words but more through feelings and thoughts. Perhaps it's because of my perception of their communication why i respond to it in that way. While others have a vision of them speaking words (especially since religions have express that idea). I've also had experiences while drunk that make me think I allow spirits of sorts to take hold of me, either that or I open up the gateway between all my past lives and become them all in the moment. The latter seem to make the most sense assuming the type of experiences I have had.

I've also had many visions while being awake of lives that I feel that i've lived. But these can just as easily be someone elses life that I remember through my sensitivity with the universal collective. Just because we see it and feel it as real doesn't mean it was us in those bodies. They could have been our ancestors even and we are merely reading our genetic memories.

Personally I lean towards the idea of reincarnation it always seemed to make sense to me even though I'm skeptical of all things to an extent. My grandpa always used to tell me 'Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.' Because of that I can't help but keep an objective mind even after I have a great amount of evidence (or circumstantial evidence) that suggests it to be truth.

We are a young species yet and many of the things we know can easily be proven to be false. We tend to get very attached to our truths and conclusions when we come upon them and this often leads to alot of chaos. I'm convinced that this idea of being emotionally attached to such things that is one of the largest factors in the world being in such suffering today. We get so attached to our own truth that we often get to a point where we are unwilling to honestly look at what another person has to say and if they disagree we often end up harassing them, mentally or physically. An old poem, desiderata, says 'Listen to all, even the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story.'

I sorta got off topic so I'm gonna end it now

-Ignite your Soul
Old 28-07-2011, 08:30 PM
OldTimer

For now, reincarnation is what I believe to be true. I've had regression therapy that has explained many affinities I've felt for certain eras of time, for interests I have such as for horses even though, in this life, I've never owned a horse and I don't know how to ride one.

I have a chronic knee problem that is left-over from another life where I was a soldier who got shot in the knee. Crippled me. The therapist did her best to dispel the problem and my knee was much better for a time. It's back like it was now, though and still bothers me.

I discovered 3 other lives during the sessions. Interesting thing was, even after each session, more remembering came to me and I was able to find some info on the net to authenticate some of that info. It was as if I continued revisiting those lives between sessions and more was revealed to me. I felt as if I was living here and in another time, together as I remembered.

One thing has occurred to me: That I could reincarnate in any time direction, not just forward. I could go and have a life going back a thousand years if I choose. Why not?