Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 20-06-2011, 11:13 PM
jturk

why do you believe in reincarnation

it seems that many people on this site believe in it. but why do you personally believe in it. what did you learn or experience that brought you to that conclusion?
Old 20-06-2011, 11:19 PM
tragblack

I have read many accounts of people remembering past lives, being able to recall certain details accurately, and then being able to back it up with historical record, etc. I don't know if that exact type of reincarnation happens for everyone, though, nor do I know if reincarnation happens to everyone. It may be a personal choice. "Reincarnation" may just be people picking up on the connected consciousness of everyone. There are also accounts of hypnotists being able to help people regress into past lives and recall details they previously weren't aware of. There may be other explanations of the phenomena, but I don't know them.
Old 20-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jturk
it seems that many people on this site believe in it. but why do you personally believe in it. what did you learn or experience that brought you to that conclusion?

Hi, many do, i'm one that doesn't believe in it just wanted to add that to the discussion.

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 20-06-2011, 11:58 PM
nightowl

I am still kind of on the fence about this topic. I believe our spirits lives on but right now I think that could be in different ways. I do believe that there are ancestral connection that live on through spiritual DNA, I kind of think my spirit will in some way interact with future generations of my family bloodline. This belief is based on a personal experience and repeated encounter with my family ancestral guide.

nightowl
Old 21-06-2011, 01:42 AM
Ascender

I have no personal experiences, but I do believe life endures after death, therefore, re-incarnating is an option should one choose to undergo such an experience.
Old 21-06-2011, 02:10 AM
Trieah

From a very young age, I just always felt very old for some reason. And I always felt like I was in the wrong time period. Then, when I heard about reincarnation, it just seemed to make sense. Though it would be many many years before I'd come across someone who actually confirmed that my soul really had been around for a very long time.
Old 21-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Dawn

JTurk, it's not so much that I 'believe' in it.
Think of it like this. Say one day I went to a zoo. I saw elephants and whales and lions, then came back home and told you about it. You'd never seen a zoo, never seen any of those animals, didn't have any proof that any existed, and I had no cameras with me, no money to buy souveniers with.
And I couldn't take you with me. You'd have to go on your own, and only if you really, really wanted to.
There wouldn't be any way I could prove to you that there is a zoo, that these wild animals do exist. You'd just sort of look at me like I was 7 different layers of crazy.
Or, a better example. A platypus. You know how totally nuts this animal sounds? Part duck, part beaver, is warm blooded, AND it lays eggs?!
Even today some people question if this animal is really totally for real. However, if you go to a zoo or to it's natural living habitat, you'll see for yourself it's real.

For lots of people, that's what the subject of reincarnation / past lives is like. It sounds like it's totally nuts until you start nudging, until you start looking into it for yourself and start getting feelings and memories from another life.
For me, the real clincher is when I've been in the presence of someone. We were just chatting, and then the topic of conversation would change. One of us would mention a specific time or place. The other person would say something, talking about a very specific event, people, places. Then, at the same time, I was recalling the same thing. The explaination the other person started, I was able to cut off and finish, describing very specific details. Details you can't guess at. They are ones only someone who'd been at that exact time and place would know.
Then he or she'd start remembering things, both of us remembering the same events, remembering two different bodies, but knowing one another.
There's no way we could've known about these things. We'd never travelled there in our present lives. We had no proof of who and when we were, but the things we were recalling were as crystal clear as what I had to eat for breakfast this morning.
Times like those are thrilling and exciting and, for me, confirmation beyond all doubt, that this other person and I knew one another in another life, in another time.

It's extremely easy to say 'oh, psh, you're lying. Your just making this up. You're imagining things' from someone who's never had one of these moments happen for them. And, even for me, some of the lives I've remembered have made me stop in my tracks and go 'SERIOUSLY!!?'. (And, sad to say, more than once I've read someone talk about a past life they've had in this body or that form and I can't help but to go '... are you serious?? I mean. . . really!?'. That is, until, later on, I get a past life bubble back up into my conscious mind, putting me in my place, and making me having to lol yet again, expand my mind more, stop being so restrictive with what I "think" I "know" and what I "think" "really exists".)

I suppose it's one of those situations where, until you've walked a mile in someone else's shoes, until you've recalled a past life of your own and know what it's like, it's extremely easy to sit back, be judgemental, and shoot people down. (And I mean it is WAY too easy to do that ~*sadly speaking from experience there*~)

We can really talk about this til we're blue in the face, but it won't change a thing.
Those that believe in past lives will believe in them.
Those that don't believe in past lives won't.
And those that have recalled past lives simply know. (Just like we know water is wet. The sun can blind you if you look at it too long. The desert is hot and sandy.)

For me, I will continue to show respect for other people's opinions, whether or not I agree with them. No one here is here to badger or berate someone else about what might or might not be. What is, simply is. What isn't, isn't. Everyone has a right to think what they like about any subject.
However, the universe, the many dimensions, even the simple little physical life we're living right now, there is way more to it than we can even begin to realize (lol just starting to realize that for myself now! Talk about mind blowing!) and I've learned time and again, it's not my place to limit myself or anyone else by going 'no this doesn't exist, no you're wrong, no bla bla bla' just because I haven't experienced or encountered it myself or just because I talk about something that someone else has yet to experience for themself doesn't make it any less real or any less a part of existence as a whole.

I'm just a humble, tiny student. My place is not to argue or berate, but to learn and show compassion and respect. I can only hope my path is full of like-minded and similar-hearted people.

~*gets off soapbox and goes to eat some bacon*~
Old 26-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Pathfinder

That is an awesome question!!

I was introduced to it from shows or books, I think. But something about it just felt right for me. Eventually, after meeting someone who is one of my soulmates, I remembered a past life for the first time & the intensity of the feelings that were brought on it is what convinced me more than anything.

One of the lives I remember... it started with me hearing a light breathing noise & feeling a warmth on my chest & this indescribable comfort. I was holding a little boy and rocking him as he slept & I could hear his breathing in real time. & then out of nowhere, this horrible pain & ache hit me in the chest & I just started bawling. It really freaked me out. Apparently the child was taken from me for one reason or another.

It's interesting how I only remember traumatizing lives. lol. Had a child forcibly removed from me, was beaten to death while a friend was burnt on a pyre (I think I was a gypsy), & death during child birth (which I am still terrified of today). lol. Not fun!
Old 29-06-2011, 05:33 AM
Topology

I think there's a place for re-incarnation. It gives us a framework for addressing some of the deep psychological and subconscious **** we inherited when we came into the current incarnation.

I personally don't care about how many lives I've lived. I care about the character and quality of being I have now. That being said, there was a situation involving myself, my wife and a roommate at the time where we got on each other's nerves incessantly. The imagery that was coming up was in roman times and there was a love triangle and people killing each other in that image. (no love triangle in the current situation).

Whether or not that image actually occurred or if it was simply a shared psychic phenomena which encapsulated the dynamic, it doesn't matter to me. What mattered was that we uncovered it and we could release it from operating in our subconscious psyche.

All that exists is the present. And in the present you have images collecting dust in your psyche and skewing your interaction with those around you. Whether or not the images are of "actual" past events, who cares. Just clear out the psyche and release yourself from operating under the image. Re-incarnation gives people a framework for processing those images, even if the images are assumed to be real.
Old 29-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Master
well as silly as it may sound to some I first adopted the notion from Sylvia Browne.. that we plan our lives beforehand in some sort of library in Heaven hehe.. and that the harder our lives are usually the older and more experienced of a soul we are.

then recently especially in Aquarius123's Astrological interpretations it spoke a lot about multiple lives and it resonates more and more I learn about it..

also the book The Celestine Prophecy which I didn't read until recently