Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 25-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf
I feel as though I am about to tread on some toes here.

I "identify" myself as Pagan, but I have just discovered the religion of Spiritualism, and was doing a bit of digging on the NSAC website, and realized I very much have the same views as Spiritists. I am enjoying the research and trying to figure out if the religion is right for me.

When I was younger, I HAD seen/heard/felt a few spirits. I didn't know these spirits, though. I was wondering if there was a belief in animal's having spirits as well? Anyway, I shall wander through more threads in the Spiritualism section. Thank you.

A Spiritualist is someone who believes that contact can be established between the world of those living in the flesh and the world of those living in spirit. You could be a Pagan or a Christian or have no religion at all, and still be a Spiritualist: and Spiritualism is also a religion unto itself.

Spiritism and Spiritualism are not exactly the same thing. All Spiritists believe in reincarnation. Some Spiritualists do, some don't. I'm a Spiritualist, and I don't. And I'm also a Christian.

Jim
Old 25-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
A Spiritualist is someone who believes that contact can be established between the world of those living in the flesh and the world of those living in spirit. You could be a Pagan or a Christian or have no religion at all, and still be a Spiritualist: and Spiritualism is also a religion unto itself.

Spiritism and Spiritualism are not exactly the same thing. All Spiritists believe in reincarnation. Some Spiritualists do, some don't. I'm a Spiritualist, and I don't. And I'm also a Christian.

Jim

Oh drats. I meant to type "Spiritualism," not "Spiritism." I was looking up Spiritism before I decided to research Spiritualism, so my brain keeps trying to use that one, when I mean the other. (I will edit that post).

And that's nice to hear. I was under the impression that to be a Spiritualist, you need to adhere to ONLY the beliefs listed on their association's website. Or would I have to do that to claim it as my religion? Ha! I feel as though I'm chasing my tail on this. [Again, only trying to see if this religion is right for me. I could go with Pagan Spiritualist though, if I feel connected to Spiritualism enough :)]
Old 26-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Experiencer

No, really the essence of Spiritualism is the belief in contact between the two worlds. That's really the cuttting point between Spiritualists and non-Spiritualists.

Spiritualist churches and denominations generally have more things - Principles, they would call them - that they believe in. But they wouldn't insist that you adhere to all of their beliefs, unless you wanted to be a minister in their denomination.

These other Principles would include such beliefs as every soul having to work out its own spiritual progress - as opposed to the vicarious atonement theory: and the idea that progress continues throughout spirit life - as opposed to the idea that your fate for eternity is determined solely by your life lived on earth.

You need not have mediumistic abilities yourself to be a Spiritualist. Most Spiritualists don't. A medium is to Spiritualists rather like a priest is to Catholics.

Animals? Some Spiritualists believe that animals have spirits that live on. Others doubt or deny this. I believe that they DO, and that's probably a majority opinion.
Old 26-09-2012, 01:57 AM
Experiencer

You mentioned NSAC. If you're in the US (like me), good luck at finding a local Spiritualist church: they are few and far between. In the UK, they are all over the place.

You might want to check out the Morris Pratt Institute. They are the educational wing of NSAC, and have a great correspondence course about Spiritualism.
Old 26-09-2012, 08:15 AM
mac

Quote:
I feel as though I am about to tread on some toes here.

I "identify" myself as Pagan, but I have just discovered the religion of Spiritualism, and was doing a bit of digging on the NSAC website, and realized I very much have the same views as Spiritualists. I am enjoying the research and trying to figure out if the religion is right for me.

When I was younger, I HAD seen/heard/felt a few spirits. I didn't know these spirits, though. I was wondering if there was a belief in animal's having spirits as well? Anyway, I shall wander through more threads in the Spiritualism section. Thank you.

I'm speaking as a Spiritualist of nearly three decades who has been writing in online forums on the subject for over nine years.

Firstly it's good to read that you're finding persuasion in Spiritualism's approach. Secondly - and sadly - this website is one where there hasn't been much discussion for quite some time. It didn't used to be like that. Threads found here are still relevant but most ran out of steam a long time back.

Thirdly being a Spiritualist - should anyone choose to use the name for oneself - is very simple. Spiritualism is fundamentally the understanding and acceptance that life goes on beyond corporeal death and communication through mediumship with those who have passed over.

Beyond those simple notions (simple but many struggle to accept them) there's a world of other issues which can be considered in light of ideas given by teachers and guides generally accepted as being spiritually-evolved.

Those related issues can be the most intriguing but understanding them is not necessary. One may take from the table whatever one wishes; as much or as little.
Old 26-09-2012, 11:07 AM
deepsea

Personally I don't care what title is given. To me it is and always will be 'life after death'.
The proof of 'life after death' of course.

deepsea
Old 26-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to respond to my posts. :) I guess I kind of threadjacked, and I apologize!

If I had the money, I'd sign up for those courses LB had mentioned, but I don't have the funds for those, unfortunately. :(

Anyway, the information you all have provided was very helpful. And I will keep on researching :)

Thanks again!!!!
Old 26-09-2012, 05:00 PM
mac

Quote:
Thank you, everyone, for taking the time to respond to my posts. :) I guess I kind of threadjacked, and I apologize!

If I had the money, I'd sign up for those courses LB had mentioned, but I don't have the funds for those, unfortunately. :(

Anyway, the information you all have provided was very helpful. And I will keep on researching :)

Thanks again!!!!

Thank you for your politeness but you didn't hijack this (nearly-dead) thread because you'd explained how you'd found similarities when comparing paganism and Spiritualism.

I hope you'll look further and maybe look more at how things are our side of the pond? As a regular US traveler I know how poorly served its Spiritualists are and there's a wealth of information to be found over here (where I presently am) compared with what I've seen over-there where you are.

good luck whichever way you go
Old 20-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Pathfinder
I only do Earth Bound rescues

from a previous post.. my story

I have done table tapping.. I seen one guy with just his one finger tip in a fold up card table raise it up on one leg and rotate it both directions.. he had his finger tip pointing down just tip in contact he told the spirit goodbye and the table dropped to the floor.

a lot of what we do is to help earth bound spirits [E****] complete their journey to the light.

I knew Nothing about this till I was watching TV an they showed a new photo of Travon Martin laying in the grass.. it was a flash photo so it was just a circle in the dark.. t got the feeling he had been tortured, like Z had fed off his fear before he killed him. I thought .."that is what causes spirits to become earth bound" then I heard a voice like a bell that said, "you must learn how to help them find the light.". this was the same voice I heard when I suffocated from a CO2 leak from a gas heater in the 70's... I woke up nauseous, not breathing and paralyzed, I thought, well they say you always wake up 4 minutes before you die, in 3 I wont have another worry in this life.. then was blasted into the tunnel at fantastic speed, I was really enjoying it.. then a voice said "no, not yet" and I was slammed back into my body. I could only move my neck and I tilted my head back and felt a draft from a cold single pane window.. it took every ounce of energy I had to take that first breath to start breathing again. .. so I figured I better do as told.

I started reading books on physical mediumship because I am really good dowser, and I cant see I could ever do the stuff you see them on TV. as I got into it I feel I was led to find my way into this.. during my research, I was a research biologist most of my life, I would see a very clear image in my mind on how to develop my process. I was thinking I couldn't do this for people in my house.. i'd have to find a place, then a week later 3 'City' trees fell across my fence from the water shed tree strip and one destroyed my old shed.. the insurance will pay about $7500 for the damage. i'm going to build an artsy 10 x 10 Spitiritorium behind my carport. in my mind I saw a diagram [schematic] on how to turn it into a big Faraday cage. it will be an EMP radio/microwave free environment. I researched that and found out that the NSA/CIA remote viewers use a faraday cage. this is a fascinating journey. at work last Friday I got an image how to build of a kind of table and how to use it.

I thought the freeing ED's descriptions in the book were a bit fanciful ,

Spirit Rescue: A Dowser's Ghostly Encounters Paperback – March 13, 2006
by Tick Gaudreau

but then I had a Lucid dream about a Native American man and wife who died in an accident in a bitter dark winter scene.. It was very disturbing, I have prophetic dreams about natural disasters.. I didn't think it had anything to do with anything and forgot about it.. 2 days later at work I flashed on it again and realized they became EB's and I was supposed to help them.. I closed my eyes and envisioned the place again, asked my guides if I could help them, got an OK so I created a thought form of a large Hogan with a wide door and white light streaming out to the couple, I was high above looking down and saw them running as fast as they could holding hands into the light from the Hogan where there was a large group holding their arms out to them. my heart chakra opened and my eyes flooded with tears.. I had to run to the restroom and sit in a stall till my heart chakra mellowed out. I still get big tears when I think of them.

this is a very interesting journey...
Old 22-10-2013, 10:51 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Let's have your proof.

Not including communication.

Deepsea

Evidence is evidence, it's all good. But the real proof is the love. My heart broke today. But when I come home and closed the door on the world. I sat down and wept some more, and the Divine came and showered me with love, and then a dear spirit friend came close and held me close in her arms. Her love surrounds me even as I speak.

Believe me when I say that love is the proof and it is the only proof that you will ever need.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype