Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 24-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
slip of the cyber pen - I had Casadaga in my thoughts.....

I wonder who taught you one has to be affiliated in the way you suggest? But you're completely right about there being no significance in spelling of Spiritualist provided they're adherents of the religion and philosophy. If you had followed more of the postings from the past few years, however, you would have 'met' individuals who think spiritualism is having an interest in matters spiritual - matters of any and all kinds.

So, to distinguish between those individuals and those like myself, I find it helpful to write 'Spiritualist' with an upper case letter 's'.

And, yes, in this land of Robin Hood (and also Australia incidentally) it is different and there happens now to be a far greater number of churches and centers here than in the US, somewhat sad considering Modern Spiritualism has its roots in Hydesville, NY, not so very far from Lilydale.....

well it seems that we are in total agreement then......here in the U.S. church affiliation is signified by a capital letter, thus Spiritulist is one belonging to a spiritual church or association.......yes I do know the misconception of many people about spiritulism and I do my best to clarify it for them when I can.....You must remember that this country was settled by Puritans and this fundamentalism has never died out despite our multi cultural environment.....so spiritulism has a hard time here......so you are not only from the land of Robin Hood, but also the land of OZ.....cool........
Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Experiencer

Puritanism gets blamed for everything. I doubt that religious fundamentalism - or Roman Catholicism - or whatever one's religious bete noir happens to be - has much to do with the admittedly and lamentedly sorry state of Spiritualism in these United States.

The average American can't conceive of life beyond his television set. Why does anyone expect he'd be interested in a life beyond mortality?

As far as the Spiritualism / spiritualism dichotomy. . . I'd define a Spiritualist as someone who believes in the continuity of personal life beyond bodily death: who believes in the ability of communication between this world and the next, via mediums: and who tries to govern his own life according to the revelations received.

Whether he's a Christian or not doesn't matter.

A spiritualist? I guess that could could however you choose to define it. Someone who believes in the near-death experience could be a spiritualist, but not necessarily a Spiritualist. He might not believe or be aware that deliberate communication can be made between the worlds, for example.

Last edited by Left Behind : 10-08-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:59 PM
deepsea

The only answer to that question,is proof!
Proof of spirit,proof of a life after death.
Proof that we still live on after bodily death.
And I mean the most ultimate proof one can receive.
Deepsea
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM
Experiencer

But few people seem interested in the ultimate, Deepsea. It's the mundane that captures their attentions.

What happens to them after bodily death is not an important question for most people.

Who wins Best Actress, or whatever game they're watching, is VERY important to them.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:41 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Behind
But few people seem interested in the ultimate, Deepsea. It's the mundane that captures their attentions.

What happens to them after bodily death is not an important question for most people.

Who wins Best Actress, or whatever game they're watching, is VERY important to them.

I get your point,LB. It's the importance of who knows the most....
Old 10-08-2012, 09:17 PM
Neville

Spiritualism! Fact or Fiction? A most unequivocal Yes in my view.

Like the most all of everything, It is to do with our relationship with it, as a weak metaphor, A Good soil is just dirt to some and a great growing media to others.

Spiritualism is doubtlessly a load of old hocus pocus to those embedded firmly and single mindedly in the material, where as to others Spiritualism is the bit that completes the person,

So you see, hopefully..Its up to you whether Spiritualism is a fact or a fiction.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:04 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Spiritualism! Fact or Fiction? A most unequivocal Yes in my view.

Like the most all of everything, It is to do with our relationship with it, as a weak metaphor, A Good soil is just dirt to some and a great growing media to others.

Spiritualism is doubtlessly a load of old hocus pocus to those embedded firmly and single mindedly in the material, where as to others Spiritualism is the bit that completes the person,

So you see, hopefully..Its up to you whether Spiritualism is a fact or a fiction.

To me it's definately fact. Thought I would ask others for their opinions....
Deepsea
Old 25-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

I feel as though I am about to tread on some toes here.

I "identify" myself as Pagan, but I have just discovered the religion of Spiritualism, and was doing a bit of digging on the NSAC website, and realized I very much have the same views as Spiritualists. I am enjoying the research and trying to figure out if the religion is right for me.

When I was younger, I HAD seen/heard/felt a few spirits. I didn't know these spirits, though. I was wondering if there was a belief in animal's having spirits as well? Anyway, I shall wander through more threads in the Spiritualism section. Thank you.

Last edited by Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf : 25-09-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 25-09-2012, 06:55 PM
deepsea

Animals have spirits,definately. I know that by 'seeing' my old pet dog after she was put to sleep that morning.
Her tail disappearing through the open bedroom. Right on 9pm,the time she took herself off to bed....
Deepsea
Old 25-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Moonkissed ☽O☾ Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Animals have spirits,definately. I know that by 'seeing' my old pet dog after she was put to sleep that morning.
Her tail disappearing through the open bedroom. Right on 9pm,the time she took herself off to bed....
Deepsea

Aww, that must have been heartbreaking!

I'd had very vivid dreams of my cat after he passed. The first few nights that I'd dreamt of him, I was seeing him and hearing him clearly. The next couple of dreams, I was hearing him meow crystal clear, but he appeared translucent (as transluscent as the spirits I had later seen). And the last dreams, I only heard him meowing at me at telling me he was "okay," and he was gone.

I had actually seen my aunt's cat after he passed the physical realm. He was running behind the sofa, and I took off after him, but he was nowhere to be found. He and I were extremely close. I was only about 8-ish years old at the time.

I ask if Spiritualism believes in animals having spirits, because if they don't believe so, then the religion just isn't for me. :/

Spiritualism intrigues me immensely, for everything I have read is what I had always believed it.

Thank you so much for your response. :)