Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 06-11-2013, 05:20 AM
MMM

'proof' is a term only used in mathematics
do you remember proving therums in geometry?

'proof' is not used in science
there is compelling evidence to believe the laws of gravity, motion, etc are valid (true) until another theory comes along which displaces it.
aristolian science was accept as law until it was replaced by newtonian science and now the theories of einstein are accepted as valid BUT they are NOT PROVED

anyone seeking 'proof' of life after death will not get it
what they will get is an overwhelming body of compelling evidence which supports the theory of life after death
Old 06-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Experiencer

You have Spiritual Mediums, who by their works, are proving their ''religion'' of Spirituality. The UK Medium Colin Fry said something along the lines of ''Spiritualism'' being the only faith that tries to show proof of itself.

Its interesting that most NDES, certainly of those I've researched, lends credence to the Spiritualist movement.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:15 PM
deepsea

Correct! So many folks doubt the truth of an afterlife. That we live on after physical death....
Old 06-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Master
Hi Deepsea ~ Photo taken By My Hairdresser .. at Salon. Thought You might notice something. ( Is This the sort of the thing you mean In OP?) Hope I sized it ok. Love Debs xo

The one thing that can enslave or liberate you is your ...........................thought............................

quote~by Bernard/George

Old 06-11-2013, 08:32 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler
Hi Deepsea ~ Photo taken By My Hairdresser .. at Salon. Thought You might notice something. ( Is This the sort of the thing you mean In OP?) Hope I sized it ok. Love Debs xo

I'm looking a back of someone here. A child? Can just make the head out.
They are sort of standing slightly sideways but facing you.
A small boy? The shoulders are slumped. He needs to be near to you.
Sadness?
Old 09-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiler

That is amazing.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:19 PM
LillyMoon

I'm a spiritualist medium. We have taught others mediumship. We don't have to prove nothing to others. Firstly, we need to prove it to ourselves.
Old 16-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Keeya

what matters most is results.
Old 14-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Lorelyen

It's interesting that Crowley received teachings from Aiwass which he wrote into "the Book of the Law", predicting much of the change to take place in the age of Horus/Aquarius. The timing was about right too and society, such as it is, is evolving very much in keeping with the prophecy.
Old 13-07-2014, 05:58 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
What I meant was 'no received ' messages from anyone in spirit.
Whether correct or not.

What convinced anyone in other ways,that there is another world or dimension we go to when the physical shell dies?
Deepsea

It is impossible to convince anyone. Why should a medium or anyone else wish to convince anyone else of anything? It is a three way communication. It is the sitter which brings the truth of the next realm to themselves. For those that seek the truth of something outside of themselves, already they have failed. The external world cannot establish truth. There is no authority or experience which in and of itself is independent of mind. The internal self can not find establish a truth because inevitably it is the internal self which determines what is true and what is false. When I say: "internal self" I mean our consciousness.

Even when we look to science and the scientific method and collect evidence of something. What is the very thing which then decides what is truth in relation to the evidence? Of course it is the self. The true self - the internal self. Others can simply present evidence and then after that, it is up to the individual to decide what is truth and what is not.

The highest authority is the self - the true self. Others can not establish what is true and what is false for us. Even when the evidence has been great. What we believe is made realised in our experience.

If we hold that there is no life after death. And we firmly believe this, then we make that our reality. If we then go about our life convincing others that this is the case. Then why are we doing this? Is it because we do not truly know? Is it because we wish cement the belief of no life and death in our own minds. So then, if the individual, goes about their life convincing everyone that this is the case, and gets everyone to believe this. Then will this be enough to cement this belief in our own minds?

It is the same with all "truth." If someone believes in life after and death and then seeks confirmation in their external reality. They may go about their life trying to convince others etc ... to cement it in their own consciousness.

I have found it to be truth and I live with this truth and it comforts me. Even if it wasn't true, and yet I believed it to be true, what of it? If it comforts me then it then why would this "untruth" influence anyone else? Do not deprive me of my illusions unless you are able to replace them with something that would help me more.

However, I know it to be truth. I do not seek the confirmation of this truth in my external reality. Because I do not need to. Many many times I experience spiritual communication with family members and other beings and the messages they give me help me to experience an ever better experience in my every day life.

Sometimes I think about what it would be like to not experience such experiences ever again and I shudder. I feel sorry for people who go through life not knowing and not being able to experience other realms of being. I truly do. This is why I try to help others. This is why I try to help others to open their minds and hearts to the possibility that it is indeed truth.

Belief is either a closed door or an open one.

If a person believes that there is no life and death. Then that is a belief. I could ask you: could you prove that to me please. Could you prove that your belief system is true to me.

If I do a reading for you. Be aware, that all readings are for entertainment purposes only.

*I hope you got a receipt for your goldfish.

"It is worst still to be ignorant of your own ignorance"
Saint Jerome.

It is probably wise to send me a private message first (on this webiste) if you wish to contact me via skype