Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 27-03-2012, 04:19 PM
sjbutterfly

Visitations or Just Dreams?

I wasn't sure whether to post this here or in the dreams section. I rarely dream about realitives that have passed on.

The first dream was when I was pregnant with my daughter. I was sitting at my Dad's dining room table and my Great-Grandmother who had passed away about 13 years earlier was sitting next to me. I was surprised and excited to see her and I told her I was pregnant with a girl. She smiled and said "I know" and touched my pregnant tummy in admiration.

The second dream was I was in a beautiful park. This was after my daughter had been born. It was lush and green with pathways and benches. I saw my Great Aunt (my Grandmother's sister) who passed away from breast cancer a couple of years earlier walking towards me. She asked me if she could come and see the new baby. I agreed and we began to walk together as if I was going to show her my daughter.

Are these just dreams of my subcounsious or where these truely visiations of loved ones that have passed on?

I have yet to dream about my Grandfather who I was SO very close to that passed last year on my birthday. I so long for that!
Old 27-03-2012, 05:32 PM
BlueOwl

They sound like visitations. Just out of interest what was your awareness like in these dreams? Would you say higher then normal during all or some parts of it?
Old 27-03-2012, 07:42 PM
mac

I'm a realist, not a romantic, and at this point there's no knowing if it was your imagination/dream state in operation or actual visitations..... In reality there's no being certain about most such occurrences although many interpret all such dreams as communication or contact.

If you really want to pursue the matter you might consider visiting a local Spiritualist church (if you're in the UK) on a mediumship evening/weekend occasion. There the visiting medium might 'pick up' something for you which would indicate that it was a visit rather than just dreaming.

From that you might wish to look even further into these matters.
Old 27-03-2012, 07:52 PM
Master
I read that in "visitation" dreams, something about the deceased or the situation will seem "off."

I'm not sure how true this is, but I think that having something "off" about the situation ensures that it's not just your subconscious producing pretty little images of your deceased loved ones.

I remember my dad had a dream in which my deceased grandma (his mother-in-law) had her knees chopped off... I thought that was interesting.

Just some tidbits I had to contribute.

Old 27-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Henri77

Thanx for sharing
Well I belonged to a spiritualist church , and visits-messages from relatives isn't uncommon as I channeled many such messages.
Many cultures believe all dreams are "real" and these certainly should be visitations-communications.
I'd had a long series of dreams after my young wife died, wherein we continued life together, but things were different in some manner. As her illness no longer was evident.
The interesting thing was, I often didn't remember the dreams when they occured , but only days-weeks afterwards.... and I really wasn't sure if they were dreams or memories of actual events...as they felt identical.. only on reflection did I recognize they were "dreams" but they had the same emotional reality as physical events.
Her death was sudden, and I suspect the dreams allowed us to complete our "business in a gentle-natural manner.
Old 28-03-2012, 01:03 AM
sjbutterfly

Thanks for all the input! :)