Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 25-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Fire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
It is when we become satisfied w/ our self that we attract others. Delve deeply into your own energies, accepting you as you are. LOVE your self.

At 28 you’ve got plenty of time to find a partner. Give your self plenty of time once you meet Mr. Right. Many a person has thought they have found Mr. or Ms. Right, rushed into things, & found it wasn’t a good fit.

Your push to partner also might be an impetus to connect w/ your HS.
Higher Self- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...418#post254418

There are countless things that you can do to grow up & get in the real world. Toss out comparing your self to others. Not productive at all. In one of your other posts you mentioned meeting the former gay guy on a college campus. Are you in college? What you’re describing about your educational level makes me question this. If you didn’t graduate high school, get your GED.

What is it about you that makes you think people would run from you?

Toss out that there are people starving, etc. that you don’t deserve compassion. Who you SHOULD be thinking about is your self. We can seldom be of much use to anyone else until we take care of (resolve) our own personal issues.

Stop looking for love elsewhere. First establish it in being OK w/ your self. Not who you want to be, but who you are right now. Then take solid steps to deal w/ whatever you need to. It isn’t lust at all that is driving you. It is the normal desire to have someone who accepts & loves you. Stop beating your self up about what you've screwed up. Many have been been rebuilt their lives. Refocus on what needs to be done to move your self forward. It is useful to examine what brought you to where you are, but remaining in this old energy, continually reviewing the list, using it to flog your self is keeping you from moving forward. OK, so you've made some decisions that weren't productive in hindsight. This is LEARNING. What would be problematic is if you hadn't had these realizations.

LOL. I just got to the part where you’re tired of people telling you to "love yourself first.", but I’m not going to edit this out of my reply. There are many things that you’ve said that indicate you don’t have the foundation of self acceptance. This includes being completely OK about your being gay despite the views of others around you. Do you completely accept your self???

Loving self isn’t meant to be a substitute for loving a partner. Real, long-time love is very different than the delightful heady rush of being in ☆❉♡LOVE♡❉☆ that is there w/ a new relationship. Being really needy is offputting to the type of people that you likely want to attract.

Why have you never learned to drive? This may indicate a very co-dependent relationship w/ your mother. If she discouraged you from driving maybe she wants you to stay a child (dependent) forever. Instead of spending thousands on psychics, spend what would likely be a modest amount of cash on driving lessons & get your driver’s license. Being mobile is very empowering.

Some of the $$$ spent on psychics may be useful to spend on a gay-friendly therapist who can help you take control of your life, move into adulthood & move past the negative chatter around you about gays. You are now an age where an appropriate partner will be a full grown adult. Become one. You CAN.

Thank you Mattie. You always have some very insightful words. I will take these things into account. To answer your question, I didn't graduate from HS but I took a short (take-home) course that allowed me to get a HS certificate (and even walk in a graduation), but I never did get my GED, even though I tried at it a few times, but fell off the wagon. I plan on going back in January (2012) to get it, and I'm determined to complete it this time, once and for all. I took some college classes but I had to drop them as they were overwhelming. I did go back and complete one of the prep classes. I failed the other (pre-algebra) but hopefully I will save up enough $ by then to take that one again also. It's a long and complicated story, but I blew my financial aid. So I'm now seriously contemplating joining the Nay Reserves (first finishing the prep classes and GED at the same time, then taking the ASVAB once my scores come back). I'm actually pretty set on it. I'm just hoping things will turn out the way I am planning them.