Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 15-08-2019, 06:56 AM
Knower

Is there any reason to believe that we are the product of god?

I believe that every human being draws his conscious experience from an individual soul that can exist independently from the souls of other human and non-human beings. (I use the word “soul” to denote the energetic structure that generates my conscious experience.)

By contrast, many believe that we, as conscious beings, arise from a universal entity they call god, source, universal soul, or divine will. This belief is based on the idea that all our conscious experiences arise from one unitary source. It is based on the idea that not every human being has his or her own soul (soul=thing that creates consciousness) but that we all share one common soul. It implies that my conscious experience is generated by the same energetic system than your conscious experience.

Is there any proof or reason to believe that all conscious experience is, in fact, created by only one unitary soul (=energetic structure that creates conscious experience)? And why shouldn’t it be possible that there exist many sources (that generate conscious experiences) independently and parallel?
Old 15-08-2019, 01:42 PM
Master

Science says that we are made of exactly from the same stuff that the rest of the universe is made of, so, you, I, we are aware of our existence, right? It's not logic to assume that the rest of the universe is also aware of its own existence? After all, we all are made exactly from the same things, things that are the building blocks of our Sun, are also found in our own bodies, so we are all connected in a way.

I do believe in a Creator, you see, we are all caught in this ilussionary world, be the Creator is not, the Creator sustains everything, He is everywhere but not everything we see is a true expression of Himself.He is the absolute.
Old 15-08-2019, 06:53 PM
BlackfoxNZ

you should believe in a god is because other people said so or because someone wrote a book called the bible and you definitely should trust it what is written a*sarcasm used*

Other than what I said above, other reasons to believe there is one, is if you have had a personal experience of a “god like figure” in which you can rule out emotional manipulation, personal projections and prebelieves and entities trying to deceive you to push their own unknown agendas.
Or other reason/s are ones which I’m currently not aware of...
Old 15-08-2019, 06:57 PM
Newbie ;)

I am inclined to believe that there is a good argument that we were not created by God but that God was created by us.
Old 15-08-2019, 08:43 PM
Master

Or we can consider that we are each a life existing within a greater Life, and this greater Life is itself one of many greater Lives existing within a still greater Life, and so on.

And the converse is true. We can consider that the cells in our physical body are a myriad of lives all working together within the one Life which is us.

Peace.
Old 15-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito
I am inclined to believe that there is a good argument that we were not created by God but that God was created by us.

Perplexing dilemma, isn't it?

What is more perplexing is God did not create man, but it was the Word ( otherwise Jesus). John 1:1-5

But then..... Hindus and Buddhists believe in many God/gods.

Those who believe in animism, one of the oldest if not oldest belief system,...... believe in spirit.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-08-2019, 01:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
What is more perplexing is God did not create man, but it was the Word ( otherwise Jesus). John 1:1-5

Actually it states:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

No mention of Jesus.

The Word of God has many names in other paths - the Shabd, the Name of God, the Nam. The Word of God is not unique to Christianity.

Peace
Old 16-08-2019, 03:37 AM
Master
Ummmm....... you gotta look at verse 14.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 16-08-2019, 06:54 AM
Seeker
There are many reasons people believe we are the product of one god.

Community with other believers
Meaning
Comfort
Moral compass
Afterlife
A tendency for humans to 'follow'
And why just the one? Simplicity
Old 16-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito

For a first post Incognito you may well have something.

Maybe this thing we call 'evolution' is really something else...