Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 28-03-2018, 09:11 AM
Ascender
Meal prep for work

After crashing and burning so hard with stress and traumas (work in icu/cancer care of a children's hospital), more coffee than water every day for months on end, lack of sleep, etc, etc. They say those in health care are the worst at taking care of themselves. I learned that the hard way. Without realizing I was burning out until it was bad lol. I have come to a place of surrender. It's really time to take care of my body and mind. Ensuring I have good food at work helps me to stay away from the expensive cafeteria and the bad habit sweets up there. Most important, it gives me sustainable energy for my back to back 12 hour shifts of chaos. I feel such a huge difference in my skin, being, energy.... these few months have been great. It seems like I am really getting this all down now.

Smoothies are different all the time but after 1,000 ml of water with 1 whole lemon, smoothie is how I start my morning. This week, I cut open a pineapple and have tons of coconuts. I always try to have papaya and avocado. I still drink coffee. But I have it only when I get to work, after my water is gone. New rule. I also add coconut oil to it and almond milk creamer.

This week the morning smoothie will be...
Papaya
Orange
Red spinach
Sea veg powder
Coconut meat
Avocado
Walnut
Chia
Coconut/almond milk

Get to work, have some coffee, banana and raspberry chia granola bars on my first break

Lunch - sauteed snow peas, asparagus, butternut squash, meat substitute made from mushrooms, quinoa. Asian style with garlic and ginger

Snacks - celery with almond butter
Pineapple, strawberry coconut meat
Roasted seaweed with sea salt
GF natural fig bars

Last break - sweet potato black bean, caramelized onion in a little vegan butter with fajita seasoning wrapped in whole wheat tortilla. I haven't really found and vegan breads or substitutes...

I also love to have fresh coconut water with the pulp scooped into it ready to drink/eat in a container in the fridge. Really good treat. Especially after yoga. Gahhhhh soooooo gooood!!

I have my daughter 4 and 5 days out of the week alternating with her dad. Even though I have talked to him about her eating healthy and cutting the candy, I'm pretty sure he doesn't care much. But at least with me, she is eating exceptionally well. She can eat a whole plate of veggies with rice or quinoa no prob. With chop sticks even!

Some pineapple
Coco meat
Scoop of papaya

She is obsessed with these sammiches...
Tomato
Avocado
Vegan cream cheese or hummus

We used to do low sugar juices but we do water now. I'm sure that's not as fun as what her dad gives her the one day he takes her to school LOL but hey. Whatever. At least she will have the options to eat healthy. I never had any limits. I could have whatever I wanted and I think that is so wrong.

Last edited by LibbyScorp : 28-03-2018 at 03:30 PM.
Old 29-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Guide

YeeaUM

I just found some gelatin free gummies, and my fav Vegan protein bars - those are my vices..ok okay, along with coconut fermented yogurt that is chocolate, tastes like, chocolate cheesecake.

I just did a good sized grocery haul, but I haven't made pic attachments on online forums for years! See what I can do though...
Old 13-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Master
Great colourful pictures!

Today I had rice with black beans, and a salad of apple and red beet.
Have a green smoothie (avocado, apple, spinach) ready for tomorrow morning
Old 21-06-2018, 05:32 PM
Ascender
Omg it's been forever!!!!! Haven't fell off the wagon yet :) have been exploring more vegan recipes :) :)

In celebration of my 20th hot yoga class a few weeks ago, i decided to make an acai bowl! So pretty!!

Base: 3 blended frozen banana with a little coconut cream, acai powder

Topping: diced mango, whatever fruit you want, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, granola

This is good for 2 people. The bowl is huge lol
Old 18-10-2018, 03:07 AM
Guide

I can't find the what did you eat thread, I'm kinda lazy.

I've been trying tofu again, I know it is not good for my hormones, but I wanted to try and it is soooo cheap.

I don't like soft or medium tofu. I found smoked tofu, firm. I like it. I'm going to have it with broccoli tonight.
Old 30-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Guide

I ditched the soy.

Tonight, I had a large salad, with romaine, red leaf lettuce, Sunflower sprouts, black olives and their juice, re-fried beans, diced tomatoes, and green salsa, and mixed it all in. It was great, I am going for more.

Also a Lavendar Huckleberry ice cream.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:26 PM
Guide

A fudge brownie ice cream. The huckleberry lavendar though in the summer time, is heaven, my new favorite.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:26 AM
Master
Thanks for bringing this up again. The colours are inspiring..
Now I wonder if LibbyScorp eats fruit after doing yoga..

Nothing like starting the morning like this; Ice cold shower > yoga > meditation > breakfast with a lot of fruit..

Very cool, all the colours. And I need to check/try fig bars..
Old 03-06-2019, 01:30 AM
Ascender
Yea, thanks for keeping this going, Green. I don't come here a lot anymore bc it takes for freaking ever to get any of my threads going or going at all. Don't have it like I used to, I guess. Or this place just isn't poppin' like it used to be lol. Well, I am glad you gave up the soy as it isn't good for us in big quantities. But damn it's nice to have a filler sometimes. I only have it when I order food at Asian restaurants. They make it better than I ever could. So crispy. So seasoned. So estrogeny! Mm! That huckleberry ice cream sounds amazing. I went on a trip to some big ol mountains a few weeks ago. The gift shops had a bunch of delicious huckleberry infused items. Smelled soooo yummy.

Altair, I love fruit after yoga. Especially after hot yoga. When you're connected with your body and mind, it's like you can feel the energy and liveliness of nourishing food. The sweet balance of fruit sugar surging through your system instead of a bunch of processed gunk dragging you down. It's hydrating heaven.
Old 03-06-2019, 01:40 AM
Ascender

Sourdough/Rye toast with all natural peanut butter, banana, chia seed, flax seed, cinnamon and a drizzle of wildflower honey

Pasta made from zuccini and spinach for a cold salad including roasted broccoli, cauliflower, red bell pepper, yellow cherry tomato, grilled artichoke hearts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, ground mustard, sea salt, pepper. And some hot roasted sweet potato and beets bc I was extra hungry lol