Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 15-09-2019, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Thanks David. As I see it it’s when we zoom out to the bigger picture that a resolution of sorts becomes possible. That formless hydrogen lifted itself up by its own bootstraps to eventually paint the ceiling of the Sistine chapel, compose a Chopin Nocturne and discover the double helix is quite a story. It’s a story of profound creativity. Evolutionary development is inherently intelligent - there’s no doubt about that.
Beautiful pictures.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 15-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
You mean like someone who believes that anything he or she narcissistically doesn't like or agree with is 'fake' or 'insulting' or 'God' denying/disprepecting 'news'?

It strikes me that quite a few peeps here want to 'believe' in and so prject that they actually (until they are 'critically' disagreed with, at least) live 'in' a world where everything and everyone is just love-'hugged' as is, no matter what. This, even tho Disney films show that that ain't the 'nature' of 'reality'.

No, I do not mean acts done with the intent to do harm is OK. That may include disagreeing in a disrespectful way. ( not speaking of you to be clear. A general view) As I take it.

More when discussing various beliefs and what another seems to hold faith in can be challenging. If one is attempting to "convert"(so to speak) the other or when one holds fast to what he/she believes and that is that. A generalized "one", not directing it at anyone specifically.

This is what I have experienced with in myself through the years, as well as through interacting with others. It has taught me to be more open and to also know when to simply walk away.

Personally, I do not have the perspective that the world is all fluffy bunnies and rainbows. I realize that life can be rough. As I feel you allude to. It is how I adjust to this and how willing I am to change when needed.

That is why I pose the question as to what "spirituality" is showing.

Is it so much about what one believes or in the way one lives life and how life may unfold? Which reflect the reality?

Whoops, forgot to say Hi to you:)
Old 15-09-2019, 07:20 PM
Master
With evolution some are thinking of human culture here, where we apply meaning and judge things as having lesser and greater quality. This is a different cattle from biological evolution. When the non-avian dinosaurs died out, it provided opportunities for other animals such as mammals to fill niches and diversify. The environment changed, some species died out, others survived and evolved. It's not about meaning.

The 'evolution' we talk about in culture, or even in spiritual teachings, deal with human judgements, and where we [think we] observe linearity. The idea that souls reincarnate from micro-organisms to thinking, self-aware human beings assumes such linearity, and judgements made from the heavens about what is of lesser or greater importance. It creates an additional issue where linearity as well as a starting point are assumed, yet where were the souls before they were living in the bodies of micro-organisms? And what of these organisms multiplying?

It is of course also possible humanity is projecting its own hubris upon the universe. If another comet comes crashing down who do you think will survive? Most species above a certain weight are likely to die out.
Old 15-09-2019, 08:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Balance is a myth, Moonglow. There is no balance between Spirituality and I haven't seen a thread that seeks to create a balance with an abundance of positive. Does that means there's a surfeit of negative in people's Lives and if so, what are the foundations of their Spirituality?

Sometimes I find things interesting and Sheldrake caught my attention. He has a background in Spirituality and he's trying to use that to come to some kind of common ground. he's freely admitting that what he has for now is theory but he is gathering evidence to support them. Considering all matter is energy, perhaps we're missing something.

If you're going to go into the Shining Ones then check out Graham Hancock, he's one of the foremost experts in that area. It began with the Annunaki and the Elohim, which then became the ang-els, Micha-el, Rapha-el..... etc. Apparently there are something like 495 civilisations across time and geography that use the term directly, or describe people who had the same roles. The Shining Ones are buried deep in the collective unconscious. Similarly with beings from other planets or star systems. The Egyptians favoured Sirius and aligned their pyramids to it, that one is pretty popular. Another is the Lyran system, that's where the most Spiritual beings in the Universe come from. Similarly with a few other planets whose beings came to earth at one stage or another - the concentration being in Atlantis. The Pleiades too.

This is where the mainstream perceptions come from but it's incomplete because it doesn't go back far enough really. Matter is emergent of consciousness, which means consciousness existed prior to the Big Bang. What doesn't happen is a study of Genesis in terms of quantum theory - which is what in essence the Biblical creation myths are. Max Planck, Einstein and a few others would tell you the same. It's also thought that the current version of the physical Universe is not the first iteration the idea being that the Big Bang will lead to the Big Crunch and then the next Big Bang, although there is science to refute that too so who knows?

My point is that no, you are not from the Pleiades but you were in existence prior to the Big Bang in some fashion or another - whatever that may be. So when you start dreaming of caves, of Beings of Light in what appears to be a council, of what looks like a multi-facetted diamond spinning above a plinth....... You'll know where that comes from and there will be no doubt in your Soul. It'll feel like Home.

There are still gaps in our knowledge and there is evidence that perhaps we will never find. It's plausible that the myths and legends can provide an insight as to what was going on in the unknown areas. The DNA strand that's responsible for your frontal lobes and therefore your Spirituality looks as though their strand has been bolted on to the main strand. Perhaps the Annunaki or the Viraccochas did it and ran away, but it would be interesting if science and myth climbed into bed together.

Monotheism is confined to the so-called Abrahamic religions and every other religion (as far as I'm aware) is polytheistic, and in many cases the Shining Ones or variations of have been the source. It was Zarathustra that come up with the idea of a single God and the Christians stole it and used it or their own ends. That is the basis for the Chrsitian religion and is a large influence in Spirituality. When you begin to understand the evolution of religion you have a better understanding of modern Spirituality.

"Not perhaps ye yourselves, my brethren! But into fathers and forefathers of the Superman could ye transform yourselves: and let that be your best creating!— God is a conjecture: but I should like your conjecturing restricted to the conceivable."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Thus Spake Zarathustra

We've grown past our capacity to evolve.

This is evolution, all that you see before you. This is what has come from a pool of sludge to what it is today; the Universe is 13.82 billion years old, and the earth is 4.5 billion years old. We are experts in consciousness but we are not conscious that we are driven by avatars of the collective unconsciousness which have been around since we were prey to lions and tigers and bears, oh my. As Spiritual people looking inwards, what eyes do we see through? As Spiritual people looking outwards, what eyes do we see through? Are we conscious of what we are conscious of? Really, truly, honestly?

Hey Greenslade,

The evidence collected and being collected seems to form and reform how it gets understood. But, the big factor for me is how is being presented?

Evolution is happening before my very eyes. Can observe the changes in the environment through human activities/developments as well as changes. Made by natural events.

So, is evolution all about us? The changes observed with our universe and here upon this planet and how they may affect us seems some of the focus.

It does help to understand where we have been to perhaps guide where we are going. But, depends on how the pieces are placed together.

Does the Universe run on a linear path. Meaning can it be predicted that past evidence shows tha A has now lead to here. Patterns observed may show that the universe is built upon what has passed. But, is this just our Universe or what is accepted, mostly?

Quatum mechanics, as far as what I've come across, suggests that there are multiple universes. In programs I've watched, been suggested that there is thoughts out there by some scientists that there are "big bangs" going on all the time. Don't recall the program, think it was. PBS program. This expands the outlook quite a bit.

Does have me thinking that this universe may not be the only one. We see through the perception of being here on Earth. Through what is observed and interpreted by what is/is not understood.

Then there are those who experience visions, dreams, and experiences that are beyond explaination. Which I have had through my life. Seeing ones who do shine and seem to not have any specific form in my dreams, for example.m which indicates to me there is more to this then meets the eye.

So, I am left open to the possibilities and also live here upon the Earth. So, mainly viewing life through my own eyes and what may come to my consciousness/mind.
Old 15-09-2019, 08:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
No, I do not mean acts done with the intent to do harm is OK. That may include disagreeing in a disrespectful way. ( not speaking of you to be clear. A general view) As I take it.

More when discussing various beliefs and what another seems to hold faith in can be challenging. If one is attempting to "convert"(so to speak) the other or when one holds fast to what he/she believes and that is that. A generalized "one", not directing it at anyone specifically.

This is what I have experienced with in myself through the years, as well as through interacting with others. It has taught me to be more open and to also know when to simply walk away.

Personally, I do not have the perspective that the world is all fluffy bunnies and rainbows. I realize that life can be rough. As I feel you allude to. It is how I adjust to this and how willing I am to change when needed.

That is why I pose the question as to what "spirituality" is showing.

Is it so much about what one believes or in the way one lives life and how life may unfold? Which reflect the reality?

Whoops, forgot to say Hi to you:)
Understood. Please note: I was not referring to your stance/attitude (at all!) in the comment you are responding to. It was the compassion, compassion, compassion uber alles folks. I 'see' and 'sense' your understanding of Life and engagement with others in it as being much more 'enlightened' than that.
Old 15-09-2019, 08:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Understood. Please note: I was not referring to your stance/attitude (at all!) in the comment you are responding to. It was the compassion, compassion, compassion uber alles folks. I 'see' and 'sense' your understanding of Life and engagement with others in it as being much more 'enlightened' than that.

Hi davidsun,

It is cool.

Admit get a little passionate at times.

Sometimes the smallest acts can bring the biggest enlightening moments. Learning as I go along.
Old 15-09-2019, 09:11 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Interesting observations neil.
Some people are aware of guides and Angels, but how many people can recognize other entities?

Do we not learn from our interaction with others?

And are these gods & angels, truely of the Holy light. Or are they the gods & angels that are of a fraudulent false Holy light. The kinds of gods that you refer to & raise questions about at times.

The scriptures refer to a fraudulent God throughout. Right from the off, in genesis.
& warns us to be vigilant even after our liberation from the flesh.

& so, there are those that have the ears & sence to hear & investigate, & their are those that have their heads permanently inserted into a bucket of self righteous sand.
Old 15-09-2019, 10:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Admit get a little passionate at times.
More 'measured' in that regard than me, I;d say. Passion is the 'juice' of Life, methinks

Quote:
Sometimes the smallest acts can bring the biggest enlightening moments. Learning as I go along.
And the most heart-warming moments ... ditto, maan!
Old 16-09-2019, 05:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
With evolution some are thinking of human culture here, where we apply meaning and judge things as having lesser and greater quality. This is a different cattle from biological evolution. When the non-avian dinosaurs died out, it provided opportunities for other animals such as mammals to fill niches and diversify. The environment changed, some species died out, others survived and evolved. It's not about meaning.
Just curious, do you know why you wrote "non-avian dinosaurs?"

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 17-09-2019, 03:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil
And are these gods & angels, truely of the Holy light. Or are they the gods & angels that are of a fraudulent false Holy light. The kinds of gods that you refer to & raise questions about at times.

The scriptures refer to a fraudulent God throughout. Right from the off, in genesis.
& warns us to be vigilant even after our liberation from the flesh.

& so, there are those that have the ears & sence to hear & investigate, & their are those that have their heads permanently inserted into a bucket of self righteous sand.

The Good Books says some Angels did, did I say 'DID', naughty thing(s) and became demons.
Why...... there was one Angel, referred sometimes as an Angel of Light, actually became there leader.

Last edited by BigJohn : 17-09-2019 at 05:07 AM.
Closed Thread