Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 16-08-2019, 10:08 AM
Newbie ;)

I had a theory and now I can't get past it

I was reading 'Answers from Heaven' which was published only a couple of years ago and I saw something in there which my logical brain turned in to a theory and now I can't get past it. Please feel free to poke holes in to my theory.

It said that scientists had found that when people die, their subconscious lingers for 3 minutes. Now considering a few minutes in the physical plane is considered a few hours in the astral plane / spirit world then my logical brain came up with the theory that the brain is hard wired in to making the person think they have entered the spirit world so that they feel they live on. They perhaps feel like they are there for a few hours then....nothing. Though I really hope this is not the case! All the afterlife books I have read make it sound quite appealing so I would love for there to be one. My non-logical brain likes to think that scientists can only measure the subconscious when it's connected to the physical plane and not when it's connected to the spirit world.

The 3 minute thing doesn't explain to me the experiences I've had with loved ones though who have obviously come back to show me they are still around about 2 weeks after they have passed.
Old 16-08-2019, 01:02 PM
hazada guess

Hi,Alotofchoo.I,ve read that somewhere too but I put it down to it takes the subconscious departing the body upto 3 minutes then going off to another vibration which can't be measured.
(hope that makes sense).
Old 16-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for replying. Yes that makes sense and it is a good way of looking at it :)
Old 16-08-2019, 06:26 PM
Master

I believe that everything "afterlife" can be handled only through personal experience and faith.

Science didn't and can't provide answers, and any attempt to use human logic to explain "afterlife" can only be far off.

Your assumption about the ratio between time in this physical and time in the "afterlife" has no basis. It is similar to comparing time-in-your-dream with time-in-physical. There is no consistent relation between them.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 16-08-2019, 11:05 PM
Master

Materialist science believes that all consciousness, thought, identity etc somehow arises within the physical brain. They therefore try to explain NDEs in terms of brain activity, and any visions people may have while they die are a burst of hallucinations produced within the dying brain.

So they are taking the facts and making them fit their preconceived ideas. The alternative would be that they have to abandon their beliefs and consider that a human being might be more than just a physical body.

Peace
Old 17-08-2019, 12:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alotofchoo
I was reading 'Answers from Heaven' which was published only a couple of years ago and I saw something in there which my logical brain turned in to a theory and now I can't get past it. Please feel free to poke holes in to my theory.

It said that scientists had found that when people die, their subconscious lingers for 3 minutes. Now considering a few minutes in the physical plane is considered a few hours in the astral plane / spirit world then my logical brain came up with the theory that the brain is hard wired in to making the person think they have entered the spirit world so that they feel they live on. They perhaps feel like they are there for a few hours then....nothing. Though I really hope this is not the case! All the afterlife books I have read make it sound quite appealing so I would love for there to be one. My non-logical brain likes to think that scientists can only measure the subconscious when it's connected to the physical plane and not when it's connected to the spirit world.

The 3 minute thing doesn't explain to me the experiences I've had with loved ones though who have obviously come back to show me they are still around about 2 weeks after they have passed.

The spiritual world is limitless for science to prove that it would take the mind of a spiritually inclined scientist obviously other than that it will remain a secret to the spiritually inclined. Amen
Old 17-08-2019, 05:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alotofchoo

There have been people who have been considered clinically dead for over 12 minutes long after the brain has any lingering activity who report an NDE.

Science isn't out to dash your hopes of an afterlife. It's just observing things that might make it easier for scientist to understand the nature of death. I see the brain as a launch pad that you go throw on your way to the other side.
Old 24-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Knower
So, why do we ask a question about; "what the afterlife is supposed to be; whether real; good, bad or indifferent?" in the first place ...

We ask the question so that we can attach something "later" (doubtful that anybody already/currently within an afterlife would ask the question) - to/with the "immediate" that we do not want to give up just yet, in an indirect effort to enhance our "current 'experience' reality". (It becomes enhanced by sharing and considering other's opinions and views via communication).

In asking, we deflect our "immediate" reality towards something that is perhaps more enjoyable to ponder than the "here & now" that we currently exist within.

Because there is such a distinct delineation between "physical sciences" & "metaphysical potentia", the inquisitive individual, such as yourself, must attempt to apply your own rules to understanding reality ... we all do that.

This is not the issue (nor always a problem).

But, in the larger scheme of things ("self reference" within reality at large), until we convince our self that we do not deceive our self with the information we desire to embrace, there are no other avenues to having a "confidence in truth" about what "afterlife" actually must be.

When it is accepted within (whatever our conclusion becomes), then it also becomes irrelevant what "that future point" is going to be, because we will always get to a future point when that future point becomes "now". In other words, we have no power over future events, experiences, and expressions (unless it is ordained by a higher authority, I guess).

So, wouldn't it be better to assume an afterlife just as comfortable as a current life should be, just so we can proceed through this current life without developing a neurosis over what science can or cannot explain appreciably ?

As a final comment, I would point out that "modern science" has already proclaimed that they have found the "God spot" in our brains - they've found the area of the physical brain that makes us feel as if we are in the presence of "unseen others" - and that they can also induce the sensation of making one feel "as if they are actually in the presence of god, or of a "higher" unseen "other presence."...

Now, this possibility does not bode well for those of us who prefer to believe that "unseen others" are something external - and not something "concocted" by mere brain chemistry.

In my perspective on reality, I trust science to talk about brains, and bio-electric impulses and what not - but I also trust, that where their disciplines leave off, "mind generated" & "brain generated" phenomena - are occassionally mutually exclusive to one another.

3 minutes ... 12 minutes ... whatever the number ... is merely just that : "a number".

Try thinking in terms of "That which becomes/attains the 'Infinite,' is merely a point in space and time where the immeasurable (of all potentia) has taken over from the measurable (more familiar attributes) of reality."

This alone should be so dramatically in contrast to each other that a transition between an infinite state (life after death, or mere "total" annihilation) and a finite (state of reality) would have profound consequences in any attempt to describe, with any rational effort, that an organic brain could chemically come up with.
written in the : "Chamber of Eternity"
witnessed by : "Alpha & Omega"
Old 25-08-2019, 06:31 PM
Guide

Lightbulb

You are trying to solve the physical and spiritual mystery of death, with very limited physical and spiritual knowledge...yet you just made a full hypothesis, and freaked out over it a bit. Lol. . Just accept that you don't have the answers...we have very limited knowledge here. Basing your beliefs, on limited knowledge.

I'm not going to torture or beat myself up over not having those answers...I haven't reached that point of knowledge yet, and that's okay...teachers don't expect 6th graders to know college information...even if they get glimpses.

I have met deceased relatives through dreams, people that were dead long before I was born...that I have never heard of...I've had long lost family members visit me the night they died...that I didn't know died, and hadn't talked to decades, eho lived across the country...I've had people visit me after they died...that I didn't know died, because I wasn't close to them, but they lived in the same town. You could say, I have some limited spiritual gifts in this realm

I am not God, I do not have all the answers....I am a spark, here to learn my lessons...on my level of understanding, miraculous and otherwise.

I am content to admit....that I know nothing....about everything, and everything about nothing.
Doesn't make me right, or wrong...just a student observing things to the best of my own limited and humanly capability...and so are you, and the rest.

Just admit your hypothesis is not correct, and is based on your own limited knowledge and belief system...and that should help to cure any fear or hysteria of not having the full answers, you are a student...not the teacher here in this lesson. Be calm now, rest well, and content...

If any of us were half as intelligent or spiritually awakened, as we think we are...we wouldn't have landed here, in this dense, hard, spiritual school house in this physical dense plane called earth...now would we...lol, ain't that the truth, the cold, hard spiritual truth. We landed here because we are a vibrational match to this reality....full of illusions, misunderstanding, lies, and hardships, brought on by our own ego, and inability to accept our flaws, and ignorance.

I think this planet is full of ego driven, self righteous *******s...who are hard headed, including myself, and the rest.

We got alot of work to do on ourselves, let alone trying to understand and explain a source that is far greater, abstract, and intelligent beyong our own spiritual level of understanding...even that of our greatest saints, doctors, scientist, and engineers. Put that in perspective.
Old 26-08-2019, 12:46 PM
Seeker

Speculation on such things is at best spotty