Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 07-02-2020, 05:47 PM
Master

How does God feel ?

I, for one, have lamented the well-chronicled decline of Christianity in the western world. But how does God feel about this development. Perhaps, oddly enough, could it be a reason for optimism ?

Christianity as it has developed has seemed to encourage separation. It has divided along the lines of race, ethnicity, nationality, income levels, political beliefs, etc...….essentially reinforcing a tribe mentality. Perhaps this gradual but persistent decline is a call for starting anew on a new foundation. The resultant denominations of Christianity are a result of a very narrow interpretation of the question of Jesus...."Who is my neighbor ?". Instead of the unity that Christ most surely desired we have and are sinking into the worst kind of duality......not even duality.....but something even worse....a confusing and self-defeating plurality. We declare with great sincerity...."United we stand, divided we fall" but the reality that we live and embrace is most often the very opposite.

These developments have been accelerated by the events of the 20th and 21st centuries. The isolations of time and space are being broken down rapidly by technology...….airplanes and internet being good examples. Inter-racial and inter-cultural marriages have contributed to an escape from tribalism and adherence to a particular denomination has been yielded to allow for couples to live together.

All of this seems to be an impetus for gravitating to spirituality rather than religion, per se. It is painful to give up the familiar but are these the growing pains that, instead, we should be welcoming ?
Old 07-02-2020, 06:44 PM
Master
The decline of true spirituality in Christ involves materialism, and technologies in, "the world".

The Lord's statements on, "the world", are no less true than when He uttered them, perhaps more so, as technologies induce humanity to become even more "inured" or addicted to the material.

It ought to be obvious by now that forces in the world are pushing towards digitalization of humanity, as an answer to various social and economic problems. Those who resist this trend, especially believers who resist, will suffer the consequences the Bible describes.
Including martyrdom for those who resist "the mark".
Who will be regarded as outcasts, and enemies to world peace.

Add ego in human nature to the equation, and the idea that believers are meant to change the world to Christian idealism instead of carrying out the great commission, (mainly trying through government and politics), and you have a greater dualism and separation because of lack of compassion and love.

This involves ego, as we also see in Islamic extremism.
Doesn't matter what the religion or faith is. Ego is at the helm.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-02-2020, 02:52 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
I, for one, have lamented the well-chronicled decline of Christianity in the western world. But how does God feel about this development. Perhaps, oddly enough, could it be a reason for optimism ?

Christianity as it has developed has seemed to encourage separation. It has divided along the lines of race, ethnicity, nationality, income levels, political beliefs, etc...….essentially reinforcing a tribe mentality. Perhaps this gradual but persistent decline is a call for starting anew on a new foundation. The resultant denominations of Christianity are a result of a very narrow interpretation of the question of Jesus...."Who is my neighbor ?". Instead of the unity that Christ most surely desired we have and are sinking into the worst kind of duality......not even duality.....but something even worse....a confusing and self-defeating plurality. We declare with great sincerity...."United we stand, divided we fall" but the reality that we live and embrace is most often the very opposite.

These developments have been accelerated by the events of the 20th and 21st centuries. The isolations of time and space are being broken down rapidly by technology...….airplanes and internet being good examples. Inter-racial and inter-cultural marriages have contributed to an escape from tribalism and adherence to a particular denomination has been yielded to allow for couples to live together.

All of this seems to be an impetus for gravitating to spirituality rather than religion, per se. It is painful to give up the familiar but are these the growing pains that, instead, we should be welcoming ?

Man made mythologies come and go, at best the longer lasting ones last about 2,000 years give or take.

I've never believed in any of the mythologies, and God has blessed with a most profound spiritual life. They are not needed, in fact they only block people off from ever connecting with God.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eternal Soul
Man made mythologies come and go, at best the longer lasting ones last about 2,000 years give or take.

I've never believed in any of the mythologies, and God has blessed with a most profound spiritual life. They are not needed, in fact they only block people off from ever connecting with God.

OTOH jesus was quite clear that god had 'forsaken' him in the end. So maybe there is some need to be blocked off from God after all?
Old 08-02-2020, 03:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
OTOH jesus was quite clear that god had 'forsaken' him in the end. So maybe there is some need to be blocked off from God after all?

Not exactly. It wasn't the end, F.L.
Also, the reason He was separated at the cross was for the sake of humanity. Then, and now.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 08-02-2020, 04:44 PM
Master

Quote:

I believe that the church of Christ is in spirit and He can be easily found inside of you, no need be part of a denomination.. but that's my opinion, in this way, no more division, no more distorted teachings, no more human corruption.

Jesus said "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you" and then He gave us some parables about people finding it, some say that that verse does not say "within you", but think about, in His parables He talks about people finding it and giving up on everything for it, but how can you find something unseen? You find it inside of you..... and it changes us so much that you from a worldly man, you become a spiritual man. He also talks about He and God coming to dwell within man and to even sup together, this is a very very very close relationship and it happens within you.

Matthew 18:3 "and said, "Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven."

When you become like a little children, you instantly "enter" the Kingdom of Heaven, it's a state of mind, a state of being...

Just my two and some more cents...
Old 08-02-2020, 07:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
I, for one, have lamented the well-chronicled decline of Christianity in the western world. But how does God feel about this development.

so many are turning away from Christianity because of what's going on in this world. some lose hope that this world will never get better. i can understand what many are feeling. some even believe that there is No God. because if it was, these things wouldn't be happening. sadly the true one that caused so much pain. is the same one who wants us to believe that there's NO hope for peace and love, so why even bother?

all I can say is Jehovah God and Jesus sees what's going on. and they hear the MANY prayers for relief. it seems like God is taken his own precious time to some, when it comes to bring relief, but it's not that. he so wants ALL to be saved ,(Ezek. 18:23). this is why he's giving us a chance to learn the truth ,(Psa 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye). still, we have to want the truth, and MANY don't!

we say we do, but as soon as we're shown from God's words what we're doing wrong and what we need to change. we come back with either "it's the word of man." or " that's NOT what God meant." simply because truth be said, some of us don't want to change from our immoral or wicked ways of living. some of us really don't want to follow Jesus ,(Luke 9:23). so some of us are using the whole "Christian" thing as an scapegoat. either way Jehovah God and Jesus will straighten everything out soon. peace
Old 09-02-2020, 03:14 AM
Master
Quote:

Asking a question is not a definitive statement.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-02-2020, 03:36 AM
Master
Quote:

I do not think Christianity is declining. In the beginning, Christians were a small group. I suspect, Christians today, are a small group.

Christians, from my viewpoint, are not the ones saying they are Christians but probably are the ones who try their best to put their lives in alignment with the teachings of Jesus and his Father.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 09-02-2020, 04:06 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:

What?

I stated:

"Man made mythologies come and go, at best the longer lasting ones last about 2,000 years give or take.

I've never believed in any of the mythologies, and God has blessed with a most profound spiritual life. They are not needed, in fact they only block people off from ever connecting with God."

And you reply with some comment about a mythical "god"??!!

I have no idea what any of it has to do with what I stated.