Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 08-02-2020, 04:23 PM
Ascender

What do you do...

When someone considers you a fool for being into Christian Literature?

I do understand and appreciate many types of spirituality, but their abrasiveness about it is very off putting. I don't mind to open myself up to nearly anything, but I have a lot of experience in study of these things, and it has meant so much to me.

Sometimes I wonder if it is karmic in nature...this current experience.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:28 PM
Master
It doesn't matter what you're in to, if someone can't accept you for who you are, then I'd try and distance myself from them if possible.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:57 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
It doesn't matter what you're in to, if someone can't accept you for who you are, then I'd try and distance myself from them if possible.

Well, I get that. I try to give everyone a chance, though.

It is just the constant criticism and putting down of things that are important to me. These are things that I feel have saved me, given me answers, and made me a better person..

I do not really tell them what to believe or think. Well, they are a decent person other than these things.
Old 08-02-2020, 05:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalinikid
Well, I get that. I try to give everyone a chance, though.

It is just the constant criticism and putting down of things that are important to me. These are things that I feel have saved me, given me answers, and made me a better person..

I do not really tell them what to believe or think. Well, they are a decent person other than these things.

That's good you're giving everyone a chance. It's usually best to steer clear of religion and politics though
Old 08-02-2020, 05:06 PM
Master
“Judge not, lest ye be judged?” Is that not in the Bible? I do not know a lot. I am learning that love has no room for judgement.

I think it is a reflection of the “Echo Chamber” of our times. Which, imo, is dividing people instead of bringing them together. Which I feel, is very sad.

My son always tells me, other people’s responses tell you more about them, than you.

Hang in there!
Old 08-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Master

Quote:

I do understand and appreciate many types of spirituality, but their abrasiveness about it is very off putting. I don't mind to open myself up to nearly anything, but I have a lot of experience in study of these things, and it has meant so much to me.

People do these things a lot, it's important to understand that it's your own life and you and only you decide what you want to study because if you let others shape your choices based on their opinion, that's not called life.. and you end up suffering..

I bought my own bible because just like you, I like christian literature and there are many christian stories that are very beautiful, I just read a book about a man who tried to find a way to pray every single moment without ceasing, I loved that book!
Old 08-02-2020, 07:31 PM
Ascender
Quote:
When someone considers you a fool for being into Christian Literature? I do understand and appreciate many types of spirituality, but their abrasiveness about it is very off putting. I don't mind to open myself up to nearly anything, but I have a lot of experience in study of these things, and it has meant so much to me. Sometimes I wonder if it is karmic in nature...this current experience.

you can either ignore them or explain why you're into ready Christian literature. but NEVER allow ANYONE to make you feel ashamed. those who say that you're a fool for reading something that's of a Godly Spiritual nature. are lead by one who goes against anything Godly, satan! trust when I tell you, I'm called worst names than that for being a servant of Jehovah God. but they have to come a little harder than what they're coming with.

take your stand, allow Jesus to lead you down the right path. satan is coming hard, and he's bringing as many of his human followers as he can get his hands on. Jehovah God will guide you just as he guided Jesus, (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). peace
Old 09-02-2020, 02:25 PM
ketzer

Quote:

Of course you are a fool, all mortals are fools, knowing that one fact truly is power. Your ridiculer is of course also a fool. We are good at seeing the foolishness of others but not so good at seeing our own. You could distance yourself from them, but if we decide not to consort with fools we will lead a lonely existence indeed. Since you say they are a good person otherwise, perhaps better to limit conversation to that which is more agreeable to both.

And yes, this current experience, like all experience, is karmic in nature. That is why you create it, for the opportunity to understand it better.
Old 21-02-2020, 07:03 AM
Master
Quote:

Listen careful to what the person says or writes; many times what is being communicated is anti-semetic in nature. The person saying or writing these things generally does not know the seriousness of their actions.

Probably the best thing to do is ignore them.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 21-02-2020, 01:30 PM
Master

Quote:
You should thank God for the blessing he is giving to you.

Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.
Matthew 5:11,12 ESV