Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 21-11-2016, 05:18 PM
Pathfinder

Why is Consciousness ...

....getting more and more discredited in Western civilization whose philosophers, artists, priests & poets held it, since the early Greeks, in high esteem.

Is it because modern western sciences pay little attention to consciousness, and if so, only to try to bind it into matter?

Or is it that people are increasingly captured by the material aspects of existence and thus become callous to consciousness?

What is the benefit of eliminating a concept that is accredited to have enriched Western cultures – and of course the grand civilizations of the East, who, by the way, keep its esprit since millennia well and alive.
Old 21-11-2016, 05:25 PM
Guide
because it can't be quantified...and western science needs to measure in order believe something
Old 21-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Master
I discredit consciousness because I feel there is something greater than that. It annoys me that the East implies consciousness is everything. I feel there is MORE!

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 22-11-2016, 02:46 AM
Experiencer
what is discrediting consciousness but consciousness itself? Thus, its only fooling itself as if it wasn't for consciousness it couldn't consciously discredit itself.

I don't see how there is more, as that which would be more than consciousness would have to use consciousness to create the something more, but consciousness must be its foundation for creativity so, what could be more than that?
Old 22-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
what is discrediting consciousness but consciousness itself? Thus, its only fooling itself as if it wasn't for consciousness it couldn't consciously discredit itself.

I don't see how there is more, as that which would be more than consciousness would have to use consciousness to create the something more, but consciousness must be its foundation for creativity so, what could be more than that?

on the other hand, why does anything even exist? There seems to be no way it could?!?!?!? so putting limits on things may or may not work. But we like to do it anyway...
Old 22-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Experiencer
=FallingLeaves-on the other hand, why does anything even exist? Because it does.

There seems to be no way it could?!?!?!? Tthere seems to be a way it could because it does.

so putting limits on things may or may not work. But we like to do it anyway...we apply the limitations imposed by language when we attempt to explain things with words....words are the limitation
Old 22-11-2016, 08:20 AM
Master

My impression is that scientific research today busies itself more and more with the puzzle set by consciousness. Science and especially physics connects it almost directly with quantum physics - the 'observer' being recognised at the moment as another puzzle.
Old 14-12-2016, 06:30 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by waechter418
....getting more and more discredited in Western civilization whose philosophers, artists, priests & poets held it, since the early Greeks, in high esteem.

Is it because modern western sciences pay little attention to consciousness, and if so, only to try to bind it into matter?

Or is it that people are increasingly captured by the material aspects of existence and thus become callous to consciousness?

What is the benefit of eliminating a concept that is accredited to have enriched Western cultures – and of course the grand civilizations of the East, who, by the way, keep its esprit since millennia well and alive.
What is your definition of çonsciousness?
Old 14-12-2016, 03:08 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Bunny Complex Universe Simplified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
What is your definition of çonsciousness?

Twoness * * ergo threeness becuase of existence of line/vector -of-relationship between the two *---*

Minimally gravity is the relationship between any two particels of Universe.

Then there is a fourth aspect and that is differrentiation between the parts i.e. so observe individual parts.

In the simples sense we say we have the those three parts and each of them are differrentiated by the bacground. The background we can consider as the macro-infinite, non-occupied space.

So within the macro-infinite, non-occupied space, we have

non-occupied space *____* non-occupied space.
non-occupied space *O* non-occupied space

For practical purposes we can say there is just a background of pixels that are of a differrent color from our given three parts.

So we can conceptualize this scenario above as a finite, occupied space Uni{1}Verse composed of three integral{ unified } parts.

The one-verse exists eternally so the question of why it it exists is moot.

Finite physical/energy occupied space Universe cannot be created nor destroyed.

Why does occupied space exist. Because it is thay way eternally. There exists no before or after eternity.

Human existence is finite, and humans only observe finites, for most part ergo they tend to think mostly in beginning and ending terms. Our occupied space Universe is beyond those kinds of concepts.

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 17-12-2016, 10:16 AM
Suspended
Knower

Consciousness is a state of Awareness or Alertness for any circumstance. Its an awareness of ones own existence, thoughts, sensation etc.
By consciousness one can have knowledge of the external world or one’s own mental states.