Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 25-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
From what I've read, most people that experience this become reclusive and feel different and misunderstood.
This is according to cardiologist Pim van Lommel who interviewed people that had NDEs: https://pimvanlommel.nl/en/

Thanks for the reference - his book looks worth checking out. Regarding NDEs, the interviews and experiences I have read suggest that people who have NDEs feel different in that the material things of life become less important and they trust that there is a spiritual purpose to their being on Earth. If they feel misunderstood then it is because most people in their life do not understand the significance of their experience. So they may keep quiet about it for years afterwards.

Peace
Old 25-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Thanks for the reference - his book looks worth checking out. Regarding NDEs, the interviews and experiences I have read suggest that people who have NDEs feel different in that the material things of life become less important and they trust that there is a spiritual purpose to their being on Earth. If they feel misunderstood then it is because most people in their life do not understand the significance of their experience. So they may keep quiet about it for years afterwards.Peace

Yes, I read that often they don't know to whom they should go with this. Apparently divorce is common, because partners either don't accept it or the two grow away from each other. It's a bit sad, because such experiences could strengthen a bond, and also make the partner more curious!!
Old 07-06-2020, 05:38 PM
Newbie ;)

I do not know if the adjectives, "good or bad" are the best way to describe different methods of projection. There are more effective methods and less effective methods. I have noticed some methods leave me feeling exhausted for a while. It may be an undesirable side effect but I am glad I had the experience. I learned something from it.

I do not understand how "fear" comes into it. I recall being a tad fearful upon projection during the early days when I found myself free from the restriction of gravity. It took a little getting used to. This is a simple and natural form of trepidation and the word 'fear' is not such a negative feature in this respect.

As far as feeling "different and misunderstood" goes... those who can get OBE *are* different. Okay... no big deal. The ignorant masses will never understand individuals with rare knowledge and ability. Again, no big deal. I would rather make the effort to learn rare and difficult states of consciousness and be misunderstood than remain clueless and enjoy the camaraderie of the ignorant masses. That is what's called, "drinking the kool-aid".

Last edited by Labyrinthus : 08-06-2020 at 02:38 AM.