Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 14-05-2020, 03:57 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Confusion can be a good thing if used as a step to learning

Sure, I try to see all things as teachers.
Some teachings can be painful.
Old 14-05-2020, 05:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm

' Becoming "awake" involves seeing our confusion more clearly. '
Old 19-05-2020, 02:46 PM
Ascender
Quote:
See, the day of the Lord is coming—a cruel day, with wrath and fierce anger. . . . I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty. . . . Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and their wives violated. (Isaiah 13:9–16 NIV)

And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins. And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat. (Leviticus 26:27–29 KJV)

Moreover the Lord saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet: Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the Lord will discover their secret parts. (Isaiah 3:16–17 KJV)

O daughter Babylon, you devastator! Happy shall they be who pay you back what you have done to us! Happy shall they be who take your little ones and dash them against the rock! (Psalm 137:8–9 NRSV)

Many more that make me sick to read, no the bible was not inspired by God, IMO..... There is nothing holy in violence/rape/murder etc:

sky, I understand ,you refuse to believe that those words are words from Jehovah God. sadly MANY don't want to understand, that even though Jehovah LOVED US, enough to send his Son to die, so that we may live.

he is still NO JOKE! MANY believe they can live as they please on Earth, and NOT obey God. Jehovah's words, "I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty." these are the ones who REFUSE to believe the truth concerning God. and who think that they DON'T need ANY teachings of the truth.

funny, sky... you so focus on what you deem as evil words and actions of God. but you tend to IGNORE, his words on how much he loves and will protect his people. you pick from the bible ,once again, ONLY the words that makes YOUR!... point.

sadly, you see ONLY what satan wants you to see, (2Cor. 4:4). still, it is what it is, even if you chose NOT to believe. he's giving us a chance to get it RIGHT! if we feel we already got it right, ("arrogances of the haughty"), then whatever happen, will happen. ALL of us who live to see when the End actually hits. will see that it WASN'T just man's writings, but Jehovah God's words.
Old 19-05-2020, 02:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Babylon is the same as Babel which the meaning of is confusion.
Any system that opposes God's Love,Spirit and Light could be called
Babel or Babylon. It appears to me the world is rife with these (confused) systems.

yes, I know what "Babel" mean
Old 19-05-2020, 03:00 PM
Ascender
Quote:

you said..."Some teachings can be painful." I so totally agree! when I found out that I wasn't living a way pleasing to Jehovah God and following Jesus. I wanted to learn what I needed to do. and when I NOTICE, that MANY of the words of the bible had hit close to home, in the worst way! I then, took a step back, looked at myself, and didn't like what I seen. instead ignoring and choosing NOT to see.

Jehovah's words was like a swords going right through me ,(Heb. 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart).

I knew that if I wanted to benefit from Jesus precious gift, (his death), I need to make some changes. MANY was hard, and some were even scary! but I didn't want to be arrogant enough to believe that I could live the ways of this world. and still have an automatic first class ticket to Heaven. peace
Old 19-05-2020, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
sky, I understand ,you refuse to believe that those words are words from Jehovah God. sadly MANY don't want to understand, that even though Jehovah LOVED US, enough to send his Son to die, so that we may live.

he is still NO JOKE! MANY believe they can live as they please on Earth, and NOT obey God. Jehovah's words, "I will put an end to the arrogance of the haughty." these are the ones who REFUSE to believe the truth concerning God. and who think that they DON'T need ANY teachings of the truth.

funny, sky... you so focus on what you deem as evil words and actions of God. but you tend to IGNORE, his words on how much he loves and will protect his people. you pick from the bible ,once again, ONLY the words that makes YOUR!... point.

sadly, you see ONLY what satan wants you to see, (2Cor. 4:4). still, it is what it is, even if you chose NOT to believe. he's giving us a chance to get it RIGHT! if we feel we already got it right, ("arrogances of the haughty"), then whatever happen, will happen. ALL of us who live to see when the End actually hits. will see that it WASN'T just man's writings, but Jehovah God's words.

' when the End actually hits. will see that it WASN'T just man's writings, but Jehovah God's words.[/quote] '

Man's words....
Old 19-05-2020, 03:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Man's words....

........... and does that also apply to Buddha's 'words', Krishna's 'word's, etc.?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Last edited by BigJohn : 19-05-2020 at 04:34 PM.
Old 19-05-2020, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Man's words....

........... and does that also apply to Buddha's 'words', Krishna's 'word's, etc.?[/quote]

Buddha Gautama WAS a Man Don't know much about Krishna to comment....
Old 19-05-2020, 05:31 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
you said..."Some teachings can be painful." I so totally agree! when I found out that I wasn't living a way pleasing to Jehovah God and following Jesus. I wanted to learn what I needed to do. and when I NOTICE, that MANY of the words of the bible had hit close to home, in the worst way! I then, took a step back, looked at myself, and didn't like what I seen. instead ignoring and choosing NOT to see.

Jehovah's words was like a swords going right through me ,(Heb. 4:12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart).

I knew that if I wanted to benefit from Jesus precious gift, (his death), I need to make some changes. MANY was hard, and some were even scary! but I didn't want to be arrogant enough to believe that I could live the ways of this world. and still have an automatic first class ticket to Heaven. peace

Yes I agree. I so much wanted to be like people I had witnessed,
that made an almost instant transformation after giving their heart to the Lord.
My transformation has always been bit by painful bit.