Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 15-10-2018, 09:48 AM
Newbie ;)

Fighting addiction with faith in heart

Hi there!
I want to start that I'm sober for 5 months and it is God who's helped me recover. Everything started 3 years ago when I lost my close friend, he died in the auto accident. His death was a terrible news for me. I couldn't eat, sleep, and be among people. It was a dark period of my life when I was smoking, drinking and used drugs. Everything good passed away with him. But one day changed my life, I met a man who helped me overcome my substance abuse and accept my grief. He was the one who let God enter my heart. I have undergone treatment in the inpatient rehab where faith was a part of the recovery program (we found it via Addiction Resource). Now, I'm clean, with the pure mind and full of happiness soul.
I know that my life will never be the same. At the same time, God is with me now and I won't be lost again!
Old 15-10-2018, 11:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanushPoulsen
Fighting addiction with faith in heart
That's great to hear. yes, I went through the same, you and I just use different names for it. I call it Higher Self. Overcoming addiction (our lower self aspects) with awakening and inspiration of heart (our Higher Self guidance).
Old 11-11-2018, 11:52 PM
Master
sorry on loss off yore frind i am
i no wen dad died i hit slf distructt i did so did mom
in 2012
pepllee tellin us way we shud feal no 1 noze we way we feal only os us coz its pain off loss

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 20-12-2018, 10:10 AM
Newbie ;)

Baile's advice is very good. We all have within us a true voice of reason that gives us strength to meet the challenges we face each day.
Old 20-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Administrator
Hello

It is a day to day journey we all walk no matter what we have in our life path. Everyday is a new day that can bring to us both joy and sorrows. It is how we take on the challenges that defines us. What I do know is that we are never alone on that walk we take, we have our Guides and Higher Power's to be there with us.

I bless you on your journey forwards.

Lynn
Old 20-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Knower
Hello friend,
I have also been there battling the shadow self through past addictions. But certainly the last 6 years have been filed with light and love. My faith keeps me alive and for me I have forgiven that part off my life that I went through it open me up to a spiritual awakening and seeing how beautiful life can be and each day I look forward to creating something new and spreading my love to all I come to be with.
Old 20-12-2018, 04:50 PM
Knower
Hello friend,
I have also been there battling the shadow self through past addictions. But certainly the last 6 years have been filed with light and love. My faith keeps me alive and for me I have forgiven that part off my life that I went through it open me up to a spiritual awakening and seeing how beautiful life can be and each day I look forward to creating something new and spreading my love to all I come to be with.
Old 25-12-2018, 01:28 AM
Knower

Thats nice to hear. I feel your pain- feet along the path of life.
Old 26-12-2018, 01:30 AM
Seeker
I'm glad to hear you are not only sober, but that you had someone who cared about you enough to help you through your dark time.
"The Godhead is never an object of it’s own knowledge. Just as a knife doesn’t cut itself, fire doesn’t burn itself, light doesn’t illumine itself. It’s always an endless mystery to itself." - Alan Watts

http://www.enlightenedpursuits.com