Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 21-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Henri77

Anybody else experience speaking in tongues?

Just joined today, but I've studied varied spiritual things 20-30 yrs.
This might be a good forum to ask.

Glossolalia,,,,,,
I belonged to a spiritualist group 20 yrs and hadn't met anyone who spoke in tongues..... I never asked about it even then.... yes I know Christian charismatics do this routinely, as well as shakers, quakers.

At times... not a conversation-speech but exclamations when a spiritual truth was channeled by me ... or someone... I blurt out some language,,, sometimes even alone....

walking in nature I frequently spontaniously shout out Heya (like the indian chant Heya-heya)

Or other syllables in a movie (when a spiritual energy-truth is expressed) I'll get a jolt of energy and blurt out something... I'm no longer embarassed when this happens in public spiritual meetings-classes.

Has this ocurred to anyone? Don't know if it's the same source , or I'm tuning into a variety of sources.... just curious if anyone experiences this
Old 21-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Master
Only when I'm drunk lol.
Old 21-03-2012, 01:47 PM
CelestialRain

Could be a spiritual process mixed in with something like tourettes or a type of compulsive disorder, from what I'm understanding.

However, most likely it is not, and I think that this is a wonderful gift you have... have you found any meaning behind the syllables yet?
Old 21-03-2012, 02:21 PM
amy green

I did once experience being 'overtaken' and speaking in a strange language, through a group called Subbud (influenced by Gurdjieff). (About 40 years ago).

It was whilst doing a 'latihan' (that I was just about to give up on) when I felt a kick into the base of my spine. I then found myself talking in a foreign language, rapidly. I remember thinking it was a language I didn't recognise and that it felt like it was from the east somewhere. Had an old person's voice for 3 days after that - felt embarassing!

Have since read that it is something to do with the kundalini. I know that, without preparation/knowledge, (when it comes to spiritual matters) it is easier to contact lower spirits than the higher ones. I didn't repeat the experience (think I didn't go back).
Old 21-03-2012, 03:41 PM
What can I say?
I either Speak in Tongues or have a 'prayer language'' - I love it,
don't talk about it much because of oppositional attitudes - so just enjoy it and it's benefits all by myself.
I usually pray in tongues each day.
It is as much of a surprise and weird thing as it is to anyone - and was amazed that I could do it!!!
I am surprised by how against it some Christians are...of course, it's always the
''those that do and the those that don't'' camps.
Yawn.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 22-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Henri77

Thanx for replies.
I recall being at a Plieadian workshop with a woman who teaches- works with their energies.
And several attendees had similar explosive outbursts of words-sentence fragments...during the 2 day session. About the only time I'd witnessed it in anyone else.
(well on occasion a member of our spiritualist church group would get a blast like that, but it was quite rare)

The words-phrases are frequently the same ones (for me)
and mostly seem to be energetic affirmations when a spiritual truth is being discussed. Or witnessing a spiritual energy, in a movie, I get hit with the same sort of energy.

I recall at the end of, The 5th Element, when the love energy beam bursts through Leelo to the sky, it nearly knocks me outa my chair, every time I see it. Evidently I'm one with the reality being expressed. Even now when I write this it takes my breath away.

This stuff is pretty common, but I never hear anyone discuss it in spiritual forums.
Old 22-03-2012, 04:20 AM
Henri77

also

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I either Speak in Tongues or have a 'prayer language'' - ,

I usually pray in tongues each day.
It is as much of a surprise and weird thing as it is to anyone - and was

Thanx, I assume we had training-experience in past lives that this is a spontaneous manifestation of. Certainly in your case.
Old 22-03-2012, 08:00 PM
CNC

My daughter blurts out a lot of gibberish, so for fun I started googling it. Twice now (out of 3 or 4 tries) it has been a word connected to Iraq/holy cities/etc.. Probably nothing but I'm going to keep an eye on it :) Yeah, just more stuff that makes my Wife think I'm nuts I guess... :)
Old 22-03-2012, 11:54 PM
LovelyLightworker

Hi Henri welcome... It's funny that you started a thread for this topic. I have not been on this website for a very long time now and this is the second thread I went to. The first being the channeling threads... Anywho ...

I speak in different languages That I feel are not of this world... It happens all the time... I don't like the name tongues... For some reason... I prefer to say something like light language or soul speaking or language of the heart. I used to speak when I was younger then stopped. I started speaking again when I was 17 just walking in nature... The same song/words syllables came the whole time I was walking in the woods.... I do energy healing on friends and family and I caught myself whispering gibberish words during the treatments, yet I felt I knew what they were saying and as the monthes passed I got louder and could see the symbols of the words go directly into the DNA of the person I was treating/ speaking to.

I have lots of urges to speak at different times.... I speak when I'm by myself, when I'm in a group, when I'm out walking, in a mall, meeting people for the first time even. I feel this energy ball up in my throat and I see these words in my head go by like a telecaster on a zeplin air balloon thing and I cry when I don't let it out.... I notice that it changes all the time... Sometimes it sounds paleidian... Sometimes, Asian, Spanish, French,sometimes native and I don't speak or know any other language than english... sometimes it Doesn't sound like anything at all familiar... And it sounds different to each person who hears it. Sometimes I feel like I'm taken over. I never feel uncomfortable or anything when that happens.
It feels good and right and peaceful.

When I'm speaking to people, Sometimes I have to be touching the person or right in the persons face...to speak to them what needs to come out for them... I met three other people in this last year who speak this type of energy language. They all do energy healing work with their words. I wrote a few things down before... And my hand kept moving as I saw the words come to me. Then I read it and most of the words are pronounce so much more differently than what they look like...

I am really sorry for such a long post... I was just super excited...
I absolutely love speaking. It is easier and makes more sense to me than English lol.
Thank for this thread

Love, light and blessings to you
LL
Old 23-03-2012, 07:01 PM
Henri77

LIghtworker,
Thanx for sharing. I've never seen this discussed in any forums though it's very traditional -common for charismatic christians & others... you expanded my knowledge-understanding by sharing your varied experiences

"Taken over" yes I can relate to that ..... those folks in the workshop were likely channeling Plieadian energy-beings , as that was the purpose.. to get to know-recognize their "energies".
I also have close ET ties in recent past and have channeling training which opened me up to varied sources.
I never speak sentences, and don't seek to... but it's an interesting phenomena, and I still don't know for sure what I'm becoming one with, when it occurs ....If it's the same source (one close to me) or varied ones, or a universal source shared by all spiritual cultures.

But it's a positive energy as every manifestation is an affirmation of love-unity, or healing. (chokes me up even as I write this) Whenever I see spiritual healing or a positive spiritual energy manifestation in a movie, I experience that charge as well.
It's an affirmation that such things are real rather than fiction.

(recall when I saw the beings in Close Encounters 20 yrs ago, I felt like I was struck in the chest with a bat, and began weeping, as it open me to a truth I hadn't before acknowledged)

The same thing happens when someone shares a profound spiritual truth in a group discussion, it's affirmed through this energy.