Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 10-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Knower
Accomplished meditators what is your reality with meditation?

To all those who are pretty accomplished meditators.

How do you experience reality? Are you like completely absorbed into what you are doing with feeling and vision and all your senses, with hardly no sense of self? Where the only sense of self is your past?

What a thought.

What's your reality?

Peace!
Old 10-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Master
In my case, every moment of every day is a connection with my higher self. I see the outer world around me as if it was a television show.

My sense of self is that I am connected to all things and everyone. We are entangled with each other and all things. You could say that I am awake.

Now as I focus on things like eating or interacting with those around me, I stay tuned into the greater reality by listening and paying attention to everything.

My reality is that each of us in unified with all things. Most are not aware of this and I support their choice to be that way.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 10-12-2011, 01:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralProjectee

How do you experience reality? Are you like completely absorbed into what you are doing with feeling and vision and all your senses, with hardly no sense of self? Where the only sense of self is your past?

What a thought.

What's your reality?

Peace!

Hi Astral .

There are many levels to experience . A state that Is close to being doesn't allow one to function within our physical environment so It would be difficult to have a job, wire a plug, drive to the supermarket etc . . One however can slip In and out of states that allows one to Interact with the world and Interact with the unseen world for example .

Having meditated daily for 20 years now I am still experiencing a variety of states from being attached to dazzle and being detached to dazzle .

I would say that the energies that one attains within meditation allows a wider spectrum of understanding had as one lives and experiences life .

I would say In my own experiences had that my perception of everything In relation to myself or what I am has changed many times because of such practices . .

Many say that when an Individual prays they are speaking to God .

When an Individual meditates they are listening to God .

x dazzle x
Old 10-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Smile

Quote:

What a thought.
What's your reality?

Peace!
Ah, so you think if we meditate alot it changes our reality?
Ah, and you think we are completely...anything? Ha!

Oh yes, and no sense of self, is it? Another

I love ya, David.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Knower
OK thanks for all the posts. It's seem that there are varying levels of reality. If anyone has anything to add to this thread please do.

Miss Hepburn Very funny.

Last night as I lay to go to sleep I realized what I meant to say was not that you would be "with hardly no sense of self" but rather you would be "with hardly no sense of ego self." But that's probably only for the enlightened people right?

Hempburn "I love ya, David."

Peace!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Talking

Quote:
Hempburn "I love ya, David."

Peace!
VERY funny that you would misspell my name that particular way, David.
Now I wish I had been clever enough to have thought of that myself
and used it with my avatar photo, darn it.

I will next forum, thanks.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 11-12-2011, 08:30 PM
Master
One difficulty with listening to other people's descriptions of their experience of reality is.... it's a temptation to the mind to get into comparison and striving to reach an 'experience' goal and other such foolishness. This misses the point of true meditation, which is to discover who and what "I Am"... not to achieve anything outside of oneself.

That said, in my every day there are multiple expressions of reality, in this world and in dimensions beyond... and there is the one pure essence of being, within and all around me. The many energies and levels of awareness are a continuous interactive dance within my being, all in the background or sky of the boundless open space of beingness.

Xan

Old 11-12-2011, 09:36 PM
mattie

2 Questions

This seems to ask 2 questions, the title’s question & how one experiences reality.

I see the meditation experience as being fully connected deeply w/ self, not in the past, but in the NOW. It is through deeply connecting w/ our self that we continue the expansive experience of connecting w/ everything else. Higher self is the one of the first steps in this connection. For me this Oneness is fully honoring self as well as others as all being on the same journey a precious few steps apart. Others have different experiences w/ what meditation is for them.

Our self or ego self isn’t problematic. This is completely different from being egotistical even though ego is often used as a synonym.

Reality will be somewhat different in how we see it & perceive it w/ each person. Even w/ the same person it will be different at different points in their journey as in how we view things before & after we move through fear. Sometimes when we are newly awakened we can see others as the great mass of unawakened & our self as sooooo much above them, while after we learn a bit more we tend to see others w/ considerably more respect, even those who’ve not awakened. We are here to fully experience individuality. Savoring our individuality fully w/ GUSTO isn’t an impediment w/ appreciating Oneness or connecting w/ HS.

Great looking avatar pic.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Knower
Hempburn, I laughed so hard, I started to cry on that one. I didn't intentionally spell it that way. Though I have thought of it that way before. Maybe that's why I subconsciously wrote it that way. I got a good laugh out of that one though. I hope you did to Miss Hempburn.

OK I got a little bit better understanding of a meditators reality. You know I have gotten glimpses of that state before. In fact I just had one the other day. I was doing samatha aka shamatha meditation with my eyes half open. Then for a few seconds my mind became more conscious and I had one pointed attention on my target. I became the witness. I was not identified with my mind at all. Eventually I should be able to absorb my mind into the target. Seems to be the most effective meditation I have found so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Great looking avatar pic.
Gee thanks.

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Peace!