Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 28-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Snide comments?!? ....Buzz off!

She said

>>>Don't be a victim in your own life. You know how to fix the problem. Just make changes and free yourself...<<<

Without qualification. You have qualified it....with your understanding.

Victims in their own lives are usually victims of their circumstances - to which you can a) change within (surrender or do what might be a helluva lot of work to change yourself to better fit what's making you victim) or change without, i.e your circumstances, which can take work. Or you can do both. Hardly trivial in the examples I offered.

Loose statements are open to wide interpretation.

And that's the way it is.

Which is why I qualified with "to my understanding." It appeared to me that you and the OP were talking about something completely different and you misconstrued the meaning of his/her post and used it as an opportunity to belittle him/her with the fuzzy pink comment. You could've expressed that you disagreed without the abrasive wording. That is all I meant to qualify, not the OP's intent. :) Anyway, I'm sorry if I came off as critical of you. I was just a little taken aback. Allow me to start over if you will?

Change is just part of the flux of the fabric of existence. I think once you understand that it becomes much easier to internalize any kind of change--no matter how significant the upheaval in your physical environment-- as inevitable, healthy, and ultimately transformative. The Buddha was the Buddha because he could instantly extract the lesson/meaning from all human affairs, after all. Am I saying anyone should trivialize the struggles of a group of people by saying change should be "easy" for them? Of course not. Only that change CAN be easy when approached from a 5d mindset.
Old 28-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanemon
All here realize that "change can be very easy" (as you say) - under certain circumstances. But possibly you've got more insight into the process than that.

Joyfirst, please give some examples from your own life. Have you dealt with something like the death of a loved one? being suppressed then disowned by your family? being a "street person" for a time? going bankrupt while having a dependent child?

Yes, I did. And it is not the situation that creates our suffering, but our beliefs about it. Our subconscious beliefs not just create our feelings, but also create our reality.
Not sure I want to share all the details here on the forum, but I went through divorce and getting a criminal protection order in a country, where I have no family (but had friends) with a son, whom I had to protect as well, so I had lots of things to work through and let go resistance to. In this way that situation was a blessing as it made me to work through bunch of beliefs and connect to the love inside of me for safety instead of outside circumstances.
When you connect to the real love and safety inside (instead of looking for it in others or circumstances), then you are truly free and things are easy.
Old 29-03-2016, 09:03 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerin
Which is why I qualified with "to my understanding." It appeared to me that you and the OP were talking about something completely different and you misconstrued the meaning of his/her post and used it as an opportunity to belittle him/her with the fuzzy pink comment. You could've expressed that you disagreed without the abrasive wording. That is all I meant to qualify, not the OP's intent. :) Anyway, I'm sorry if I came off as critical of you. I was just a little taken aback. Allow me to start over if you will?

Change is just part of the flux of the fabric of existence. I think once you understand that it becomes much easier to internalize any kind of change--no matter how significant the upheaval in your physical environment-- as inevitable, healthy, and ultimately transformative. The Buddha was the Buddha because he could instantly extract the lesson/meaning from all human affairs, after all. Am I saying anyone should trivialize the struggles of a group of people by saying change should be "easy" for them? Of course not. Only that change CAN be easy when approached from a 5d mindset.

I think enough has been said now (throughout the topic) to make the point.

I have no idea what a 5d mindset it. I doubt the ordinary person in the street or newcomer here has one. However, if a 5d mindset leads someone to complain of "snide remarks" even after a respondent has queried the original statement with no bias and got no reply, then I'll stay with my ordinary untutored mind, thanks!

Old 29-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Oh right.... You must ask thousands of people in Cologne about how easy it is to "let go" and accept change if you don't want to have an alien faith forced upon you with your culture under threat. And ask 70 Christian ex-families in Pakistan.... It's dead easy to "let go" when you live in pink-and-fluffy-land.

I wholeheartedly agree. Some preach behind their PC screens living in their developed countries without having a clue about the really ugly head life can rear. Some can face the real world, some cannot simple as that.
Old 29-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Deactivated Account

Okkkkaay members.. Affirmation section = Happy thoughts. Let's have a happy day!

Old 29-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover
Okkkkaay members.. Affirmation section = Happy thoughts. Let's have a happy day!

It always is...well, most of it. The Sun was shining today when I did my morning salutation.

The discussion has great breadth. A statement like "Just make changes and free yourself..." is nice but that's like saying, "I just make policy.
I don't do detail."
I'd love to learn more of the detail. The title actually says a lot more and seems a fair subject for affirmation.

Old 29-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Administrator
Some people are scared to change because they feel comfortable with where they are at, its like tho old saying if it aint broken why fix it,this accounts to how a lot of people think,

Namaste
Old 29-03-2016, 10:04 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Some people are scared to change because they feel comfortable with where they are at, its like tho old saying if it aint broken why fix it,this accounts to how a lot of people think

Yes, I very much agree...

For a lot of people change can be terrifying, and as the thread title says "it is not easy"...

With practice/experience it can become easier to accept change and allow things to flow, however certain situations which come at you out of the blue can be very difficult to deal with because it can shake you up pretty badly...
Old 30-03-2016, 04:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
For a lot of people change can be terrifying, and as the thread title says "it is not easy"...

With practice/experience it can become easier to accept change and allow things to flow, however certain situations which come at you out of the blue can be very difficult to deal with because it can shake you up pretty badly...
True. Today a high profile story in the Canadian news media is about the sentencing of a rich young man who liked to drive hot sports cars and liked to get intoxicated. Trouble was, he didn't refrain from combining the two... drove drunk with a blood alcohol level more than twice the legal limit. Which on this occasion was only discovered because he plowed into another vehicle. He killed a woman's father and her three children. That was an enormous "change" for the woman - she's made public statements that have been carried in the media. No one I've talked with (or read about) believes it has been or will be an easy change.
Old 30-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Some people are scared to change because they feel comfortable with where they are at, its like tho old saying if it aint broken why fix it,this accounts to how a lot of people think,

Namaste

Arbitrary change (which a lot of it is - marketeering to get people to buy stuff or force them into some other corner) is useless but that's the way the (capitalist) world works. It's when you face having to change - say, a break-up or your firm decides to close and it's the only employer in town - or planning blight hits your street, that you have to "fix it." It can be difficult, sometimes impossible so you just have to walk away and try to adapt to new circumstance. Without money or resources in our western society you're in for a hard time.