Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 25-04-2017, 11:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*

The Guru is within.....
You meet the Guru in the outer world...
That outer Guru says....
"The Guru is within"...
"Go within".....

So the pull of the inner guru is to go within and meet your own Self.
The outer Guru is just a chatalyst for that accelerated process.

It seems some contact with a Guru in outer life is of importance.
But need not be more than one meeting.
Not many people live in ashrams really.
It's typical of a true Guru to send the disciple away.
Being attached to the Guru's outer form is counterproductive...

Why only once if he can speed you along?

Also, do you think distance matters?
Old 25-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
That is the thing..

A real guru touches your being, it is an experience, a being..

The talking is to help you understand what you are experiencing..

A big difference..

Understanding has much more to do with listening than it has to do with telling, so I would imagine a 'real guru' (the real guru I imagine, that is) bears the characteristic of hearing and understanding what others have to say.
Old 26-04-2017, 08:16 AM
Knower
A real Guru do not abide by normal standards and is often highly unpredictable as their shakti is not under societial norms. You go to such a Guru and he may just blatantly ignore you (as it seems to you). But if you are open to recieve something you will anyway.

Nityananda sometimes threw items on people. People enjoyed it as they knew that this would result in some grace.

Also once he squeesed the breast of a woman in the crowd, which did upset people to some extent. Later on it showed itself that this woman couldn't produce milk for her baby. This was corrected by the spontaneous intervention by the Sadguru....

Bhagawan Nityananda
Old 26-04-2017, 09:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Staying within Kashmir Shaivism.

The light is all there is.

It has many names, ying, yang, chi, prana, kundalini but there is no real levels or seperation. It is just light, it is our depth that creates the distinctions.

Thanks for making that clearer Jonesboy.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindu*
A real Guru do not abide by normal standards and is often highly unpredictable as their shakti is not under societial norms. You go to such a Guru and he may just blatantly ignore you (as it seems to you). But if you are open to recieve something you will anyway.

Nityananda sometimes threw items on people. People enjoyed it as they knew that this would result in some grace.

Also once he squeesed the breast of a woman in the crowd, which did upset people to some extent. Later on it showed itself that this woman couldn't produce milk for her baby. This was corrected by the spontaneous intervention by the Sadguru....

Bhagawan Nityananda

I came across this information a while back about Nityananda, on the face of it I have my doubts about him, but I am just being narrow minded?

He was a born siddha, living his entire life in the highest state of consciousness (Muktananda, 1999).

He was an omniscient being; still he appeared as if he didn’t know much....
Only occasionally would he speak; however, you could not understand him (Muktananda, 1996).

“He was the best of gurus; he was the worst of gurus,” etc.

[W]hen in his twenties, he would hide behind trees, patiently waiting for a cow to come his way. The moment the animal stood to drop a cowpat, he would rush forward, scoop up the dropping in midair, and then swallow it (Feuerstein, 1992).

He would at times be seen in the middle of the road (there was hardly any motor traffic in those days), catching the dropping from a cow before it fell to the ground, putting it on his head, and then whistling just like a railway engine and chugging away, as children often do (Hatengdi, 1984).

[Nityananda] would speak quite frequently about devotees who had the mentality of a crow. A crow, even in heaven, said Baba, insists on eating ****, because that is what he has been accustomed to. And this is exactly how these faultfinding devotees behave (Muktananda, 1996).

On another occasion, he besmeared himself from head to toe [i.e., including his lips] with [human] excrement. He sat near the lavatories, with large heaps of excrement piled in front of him. Each time a devotee passed him, he would call out, “Bombay halwa [sweets]—very tasty—want to eat? Can weigh and give you some” (Feuerstein, 1992).
Old 26-04-2017, 11:58 AM
Knower
Yes probably narrowminded here.

He is generally one of the most respected Gurus in modern India by schoolars, saints and seekers.
He would see often thousands of people a day helping out.

His miracles are well documented.

But he belongs to a class of Guru's that are Avadhut's.

Wiki
Quote:
Avadhūta (IAST avadhūta) is a Sanskrit term from some Indian religions referring to a type of mystic or saint who is beyond egoic-consciousness, duality and common worldly concerns and acts without consideration for standard social etiquette.[1] A similar figure is known in Tibetan Buddhism: the nyönpa (Wylie: smyon pa).

Avadhuta's actions are beyond normal. But their effects and spiritual power to bless and transform and emit blissfull effects.
Most of the time he was just sitting in bliss emanating this state to seekers.

Wiki
Quote:
Settled in southern India, Nityananda gained a reputation for creating miracles and wonderful cures. He started building an ashram near Kanhangad, Kerala state. The local police thought he must be producing counterfeit money to pay for the building, so Nityananda took them to a crocodile-infested pool in the jungle. He dived in and then produced handfuls of money, which was apparently enough to satisfy the police. The beautiful hill temple and Ashram in Kanhangad are now pilgrim centres. The Guruvan, a forest in the hills nearby where Bhagawan sat on penance, is now a pilgrim retreat.[5]

By 1923, Nityananda had wandered to the Tansa Valley in Maharashtra state. There, his reputation as a miracle worker attracted people from as far away as Mumbai, though he never took credit for any miracles. He said, "Everything that happens, happens automatically by the will of God."[3][4] Nityananda gave a great deal of help to the local adivasis, who were despised by the population at large. Nityananda set up a school, as well as providing food and clothing for them

Just because of your negative post about him I have to praise him a little

Ram Dass:
"
Quote:
Bhagavan Nityananda, one of the most revered Siddha Gurus of the modern era, was a janma siddha—one born with the full realization of his own divine nature. From an early age, Bhagavan Nityananda spontaneously manifested his mastery of atma jnana—knowledge of the Self.

Born in the South Indian state of Kerala, Bhagavan Nityananda, as a young man, traveled on foot throughout India. As his reputation as an enlightened master and miraculous healer spread, crowds of seekers were drawn to his wisdom and blessings. Eventually, by the mid-1930s, he settled in the village of Ganeshpuri in the state of Maharashtra. Out of honor and respect his devotees began to call him Bhagavan, a title that means ‘the Lord; the venerable one; the great one.’ He always directed people to turn within and meditate.

Bhagavan Nityananda also undertook many philanthropic works. Over the next three decades, he transformed the village by educating the villagers; feeding, clothing, and schooling the children; and providing for the building of roads and local facilities, including the very first hospital in Ganeshpuri

So he built villages and roads and helped the society in large means wherever he went.
Old 26-04-2017, 03:53 PM
Master
I have meet some real deal guru's and I have never, ever seen them do anything to a person without that persons permission.

Interesting stuff...

Thank you.
Old 26-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Understanding has much more to do with listening than it has to do with telling, so I would imagine a 'real guru' (the real guru I imagine, that is) bears the characteristic of hearing and understanding what others have to say.

Of course but the talking and listening is a small part.

I mean, you meet a guru and the next thing you know you are feeling your heart open and feeling love and happiness or all of a sudden your 3rd eye opens and you are seeing things like angels and such...

Well, that is what I mean by the talking is about helping you understand what you are experiencing and how.

It's not about telling, control or any of that stuff. A guru is there to help...
Old 26-04-2017, 08:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Of course but the talking and listening is a small part.

I mean, you meet a guru and the next thing you know you are feeling your heart open and feeling love and happiness or all of a sudden your 3rd eye opens and you are seeing things like angels and such...

Sounz amazballs

Quote:
Well, that is what I mean by the talking is about helping you understand what you are experiencing and how.

It's not about telling, control or any of that stuff. A guru is there to help...

Maybe, but help has much more to do with listening as well.
Old 26-04-2017, 09:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Sounz amazballs

It was when I experienced it and is for many that have.

But it isn't the seeing but the being and how that changes not just your life but everyone around you.

Quote:
Maybe, but help has much more to do with listening as well.

I would agree, feeling like the guru cares, listening, building trust is very important.