Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 26-01-2017, 12:11 PM
Newbie ;)

Question Ask A Vegan

Hey guys, if anyone has any questions on veganism feel free to post them and I'll do my best to answer them in the most unbiased way I can. And if there's any other vegans here I'm sure they'll be happy to answer questions as well.

I've learnt how veganism positively affects:

Spirituality
The environment
Health
Undeveloped countries
Animal welfare

I posted this thread to answer anyone's questions if their interested. I'm happy to debate any cynics too if that is their wish, as long as it is in a friendly and peaceful manner.
Old 26-01-2017, 05:32 PM
Master
I've a question for Nomad Girl!

Mine is a whole foods only diet. Just fruit and vegetables, organic and in as raw a form as possible. What are your views on anything I may be missing out on, and might need to consider taking? FYI, I've been eating this way for five years, and don't feel ill or anything. But maybe there's something that will make me feel even better than I do? Also, I don't take supplements. Thanks.
Old 26-01-2017, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad Girl
I'm happy to debate any cynics too
Why would someone be cynical of someone else's lifestyle? I drive a Honda, you drive a Toyota. The end. Oh hey, I see you're versed in Ayurveda medicine. Would you consider maybe speaking to people online about balancing questions? I'm only asking because you appear to be pretty enlivened by the idea of interacting with people. Thanks.

Last edited by Baile : 26-01-2017 at 07:19 PM.
Old 26-01-2017, 07:39 PM
Newbie ;)

Fellow Vegan here
Old 26-01-2017, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator
Baile, just a little stuff from me...

If you don't take supplements, then as a vegan, eating only fruit and vegetables, you most likely will need a B12 supplement. You might need to look at D3 as well, as unless you get regular sunlight on skin without sunblock you will need it. If you're in a temperate zone where the sun can be weak in winter, you'll probably need a D3 supplement for months in the winter.
Protein can be good from plant based sources. But you may be needing between 40 -60 grams a day. That might not be an issue if you eat a lot of vegan protein daily.
Calcium and Omega 3 etc need some thought too. It might be wise to check you're getting enough.
Supplements are usually the sure fire way of making sure everything's okay, without having to count nutrients in food all the time (so boring! We are meant to eat it and enjoy it, not count all the time.)
Old 27-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Baile, just a little stuff from me...
Tobi, thank you. Funny, I picked up a bottle of B vitamins off the store shelf last week thinking I needed them for some reason, but ended up putting them back. First my intuition and body, and now you, confirming what I need I guess.
Old 27-01-2017, 12:06 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
I've a question for Nomad Girl!

Mine is a whole foods only diet. Just fruit and vegetables, organic and in as raw a form as possible. What are your views on anything I may be missing out on, and might need to consider taking? FYI, I've been eating this way for five years, and don't feel ill or anything. But maybe there's something that will make me feel even better than I do? Also, I don't take supplements. Thanks.

Hi Baile

My opinion will come across differently than the one previously given but yes, as you pointed out, a lot of my knowledge comes from Ayurvedic medicine which is different Fromm Western medicine (with the exception of Dr Robert Morse, a vegan doctor who has fought up to a hundred court cases against the American health allopathic system for misleading information given to the public.) i take seriously as I plan to study Allopathy / Integral medicine in the future as well.

If you eat a fruits and vegetables, mostly on a raw diet, you are on one of the healthiest diet possible. All body types are completely different which Western medicine rarely takes into account. The Western B12 levels that are "normal" are based on the dietary intake of people who eat animal products, so of course the standard is a lot higher. In terms of any other supplements, I would say you don't need them. However what's important for me to ask is how long have you been vegan?

If you are particularly concerned about not receiving enough dietary vitimins etc. it comes down to your choice to check it out but I will say To you confidently that you don't need anything at all.

For thousands of years many Indians lived complete vegan and vegetarian lives. This is a very unpopular opinion but unfortunately western medicine earns money from sick people, not healthy people, which is why it heals symptons not illness / disease. I'm not saying to disregard it, I'm saying keep this in mind, because as a vegan especially it will affect you. People will make you feel fear towards your own health when they understand very little about your lifestyle. Traditional Ayurvedics offer their service completely for free and they always say raw food is the healthiest food because it is live.

Another point is that the body has been known to turn nutrition into what it needs the most, such as protein into calcium, etc. (Another rather unknown and unpopular opinion yet is peer-based from a American GP Dr Morse [science is biased])

Apologies for the unstructured reply as I am writing on a phone.
Old 27-01-2017, 12:55 PM
Master
Quote:
However what's important for me to ask is how long have you been vegan?
Ten years. For a time I ate grains and soy, etc. Then I switched to just fruit and vegetables five years ago. I would supplement my meals with vegan protein powder, but I stopped even that three years ago. I've never felt weak or ill, and I never get sick with the flu. I seem to have lots of energy (for what I do anyway, heh). I don't take pharmaceuticals, headache pills, etc. If I do happen to feel under the weather I take echinacea tincture, and that clears it up instantly. Thanks Nomad Girl.
Old 28-01-2017, 03:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Ten years. For a time I ate grains and soy, etc. Then I switched to just fruit and vegetables five years ago. I would supplement my meals with vegan protein powder, but I stopped even that three years ago. I've never felt weak or ill, and I never get sick with the flu. I seem to have lots of energy (for what I do anyway, heh). I don't take pharmaceuticals, headache pills, etc. If I do happen to feel under the weather I take echinacea tincture, and that clears it up instantly. Thanks Nomad Girl.

Ten years is wonderful! You have chosen a great lifestyle you should continue. I would recommend trying a completely raw food diet when you find a time that suits you.

Sickness is a form of detox. Most people go through a sickness when they change their lifestyle / diet from an unhealthy to healthy one and come out the other end feeling better. If you get sick and you can't explain why, it is good to ask someone then. Other health factors could be contributing to it in that case.
Old 28-01-2017, 09:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Ten years is wonderful! You have chosen a great lifestyle you should continue.
Thanks. I have reached the point with my lifestyle choices where the thought of doing something different, never crosses my mind. This is what I do. This is my path now, and will always be.

And in a very real way it chose me. My eyes were opened many times via a process I've come to understand as my higher self, instructing and guiding me along this path. I gave up alcohol, drugs and smoking decades ago, because something told me my well-being depended on it. And this was long before my self-understanding awakening. Likewise my giving up eating meat. I had never considered a vegetarian diet. But one day it hit me from out of the blue: I'm eating a dead animal here. This isn't just disgusting, it's immoral. I honestly never had those thoughts before that moment. I couldn't have told you what a vegan was, I had never researched alternative diets. But that was it, I stopped eating meat from then on. Once the epiphany happens, the conscious understanding takes hold and becomes my new lifestyle. This is how my lifestyle has evolved over the years really; something showing me what I need, before I realize I need it.