Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-04-2017, 06:14 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Corrected it for you.

Anyway not to cause a stir, but I found that post a bit narrow minded. People who drink beer and go to clubs can be just as ''advanced'' as these Earth angels are, except they don't or may care very little about living a spiritual life. I don't think you meant it that way, but the way you wrote that post made it look like you generalised those who live secular lives. But what exactly makes them less advanced? They can be helpful too. Do you have to be strictly an earth angel or high leveled New Age ''wizard'' to be advanced? As someone who isn't living a spiritual life, drinks beer and goes to motorcycle clubs and bars (but not smoking joints) I help whoever I can that crosses my path, and have my own sense of morality that I live by, and constantly live under guilt of my past. But just because I don't dress in a Superman costume and dedicate my life to serving the needs of others, how does that make me any less advanced? IMO advancement should have nothing to do with spirituality but should be about realising who you are and what you have done and how you treat others, and lifestyles don't matter as long you don't deliberately screw anyone.

I think most can agree with you here.

It I think is better to look past initial appearances of a person before juding how enlightened one thinks one is.

The example of beer- occasionally I will admit to wanting a beer, I enjoy a drink or two every now and then. I try my darndest also to consume it properly and with maturity. This itself says nothing about my morals as far as I am concerned or how enlightened I am or am not.

We as individuals, I think, decide how enlightened we are. Not the other way around. Others do not imo decide how enlightened I or you or anyone else is. They do not know.

With myself having a beer my biggest pit falll is after two beers in I get a touch angry. I get verbally verbose haha. I get all self righteous. While this behavior
is not enlightening in the least, being Aware of it, really is. Then I have the opportunity to see it for what it is, to grow from it; and ultimately to change it. And, in accordance with that to make amends where needed.

Nobody can tell you how aware you are. This is something you know yourself. And it comes from within. Outside sources or those who claim to know how enlightened one is are permeating a vibe of unenlightened behavior themselves- but this too does not mean they are unenlightened.

So for myself while I like that drink every now and then, I believe until I am better able to handle, deal, and change my emotional nature; and work on it; then I am not going to have one.

I claim no expert status in anything I write on any subject in any form. I merely seek my path.
Old 24-04-2017, 10:50 PM
Master
What is an Angel? An Angel is a messenger. If you are talking about the famous Archangels, then I don't really believe in that in the same way. By saying that you know how old they are and what they are that is almost the same as saying that you are one. You are all knowing?

We all have our beliefs and our legends and our stories. You are entitled to yours but another person is entitled to theirs. I don't know if they are saying they are better but there are plenty of mortal beings who put themselves above others.

Some people have spirits or guides that tell them stories and truths and that can be confusing. A lot of people are told they they are Angels. People are told that they are God.

There is truth to that but perhaps not literal truth. We are all one and of the oneness which is creation itself in whatever way you perceive that. One might use the word God if that is their belief.

We are all God, if you believe in that.

An Angel is a messenger. Everybody delivers messages. We all channel messages from a higher source. In a sense we are all divine messengers.

As for them being another race, how do you know? Did you see one? They could show themselves and tell you all about their race and how old they are and that you are one of them and not a normal human. That happens to people.

I was told that I am really an insect. When I die I will go back to being an insect. That was a story but I am not so sure. That could be symbolic for a fleck of light or anything really. The answer is that I don't know what that means but it was probably not to be taken literally.

That is true for the people who literally are told that and literally believe it.

There is such thing as 'someone up there' and they do guide us. I know people who do little jobs for the universe. They will show up when someone is in need. They know where to go and what to do. That can be intuitively done or they can be spoken to and directed to turn right or turn left.

They are doing 'someone up there's' work. When they die, they might be a grasshopper or something. Maybe that is what Angels really look like but they appear to us as something we can relate to.

The point is that you don't know, they don't know and nobody knows. Everybody thinks they know the truth and nobody does.

The only truth I know is that I have guidance it appears to me as different personas but I know that isn't actually what they look like. They teach me how to do the work. I work. That's what I do. I am a human.

Other human's also have guidance and they give me messages and come help me when I need it.

They might even drink and smoke and swear. That is really not a no-no like I thought it was. It can be, if the person believes it is. It depends on the purpose of the individual and there is a reason for everything.

At first I was forbidden all contraband and was forced to stop drinking alcohol. There was a reason for it. I don't know why. I thought it was spiritually bad or something. Later I found out that isn't true and there is no judgment. If a 'worker' is sent to earth to work among the homeless population then they have to be undercover, so far undercover that they don't even know. That person might show up at the right moment to beat someone up or to give someone a sandwich or a beer or help them find a place to sleep. They aren't of another race but they do work for the universe. Most of us do in some way from what I know.

Who is to judge? I don't like it when people act like they are better then me because they have more money or a nicer car. I don't like people who sit in judgment over another person's belief no matter how deluded they might think it is. It is hard to not be deluded or deceived or misguided when you have that kind of influence. The challenge is to stay as grounded as possible.

I don't feel that people who think they are of a superior race are putting themselves above me. I think they are believing something they can't know.

Messenger = yes. Aspect of God equivalent = yes.

Stories and legends for the purposes of technique and understanding = yes.
Old 24-04-2017, 11:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
What is an Angel? An Angel is a messenger. If you are talking about the famous Archangels, then I don't really believe in that in the same way. By saying that you know how old they are and what they are that is almost the same as saying that you are one. You are all knowing?

We all have our beliefs and our legends and our stories. You are entitled to yours but another person is entitled to theirs. I don't know if they are saying they are better but there are plenty of mortal beings who put themselves above others.

Some people have spirits or guides that tell them stories and truths and that can be confusing. A lot of people are told they they are Angels. People are told that they are God.

There is truth to that but perhaps not literal truth. We are all one and of the oneness which is creation itself in whatever way you perceive that. One might use the word God if that is their belief.

We are all God, if you believe in that.

An Angel is a messenger. Everybody delivers messages. We all channel messages from a higher source. In a sense we are all divine messengers.

As for them being another race, how do you know? Did you see one? They could show themselves and tell you all about their race and how old they are and that you are one of them and not a normal human. That happens to people.

I was told that I am really an insect. When I die I will go back to being an insect. That was a story but I am not so sure. That could be symbolic for a fleck of light or anything really. The answer is that I don't know what that means but it was probably not to be taken literally.

That is true for the people who literally are told that and literally believe it.

There is such thing as 'someone up there' and they do guide us. I know people who do little jobs for the universe. They will show up when someone is in need. They know where to go and what to do. That can be intuitively done or they can be spoken to and directed to turn right or turn left.

They are doing 'someone up there's' work. When they die, they might be a grasshopper or something. Maybe that is what Angels really look like but they appear to us as something we can relate to.

The point is that you don't know, they don't know and nobody knows. Everybody thinks they know the truth and nobody does.

The only truth I know is that I have guidance it appears to me as different personas but I know that isn't actually what they look like. They teach me how to do the work. I work. That's what I do. I am a human.

Other human's also have guidance and they give me messages and come help me when I need it.

They might even drink and smoke and swear. That is really not a no-no like I thought it was. It can be, if the person believes it is. It depends on the purpose of the individual and there is a reason for everything.

At first I was forbidden all contraband and was forced to stop drinking alcohol. There was a reason for it. I don't know why. I thought it was spiritually bad or something. Later I found out that isn't true and there is no judgment. If a 'worker' is sent to earth to work among the homeless population then they have to be undercover, so far undercover that they don't even know. That person might show up at the right moment to beat someone up or to give someone a sandwich or a beer or help them find a place to sleep. They aren't of another race but they do work for the universe. Most of us do in some way from what I know.

Who is to judge? I don't like it when people act like they are better then me because they have more money or a nicer car. I don't like people who sit in judgment over another person's belief no matter how deluded they might think it is. It is hard to not be deluded or deceived or misguided when you have that kind of influence. The challenge is to stay as grounded as possible.

I don't feel that people who think they are of a superior race are putting themselves above me. I think they are believing something they can't know.

Messenger = yes. Aspect of God equivalent = yes.

Stories and legends for the purposes of technique and understanding = yes.

I like what you say about receiving from anywhere, that all life can be the message. That I agree with.

We are aspects of the whole, moving together in many ways of being ourselves and creating a reality within all that.

Where we are "within" ourselves, what we are open to more naturally in this way, can bring to you any point of focus, message, awareness.

The key is we are the ones looking and creating it. So where you look, where you focus is only one tiny point of the whole landscape of the universal interconnections, where life can be taken in and noticed.

If your open and moving through life as I am more so now, those points that one moves through, can be noticed as part of the whole. Its when people attach to them as something Permanent, it then can pose issues when life shows you more, reveals something new, to build and expand on that point you are focused on, or believe is real and permanent. The key is being open to new life beyond your current perception, can and will open your current experience, but then some don't wont to surrender what for them feels "right and "real" for them.

Some people have experiences especially through the "spiritual" realm of awareness that they perceive as something "fixed and profound" all the while not realizing they are simply moving through a point of focus, a point of creation they required for that space within them at that time of their life.

Life goes on and more of life will show you more of you.
If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society will benefit from our peace. This could be our new definition of success - Thich Nhat Hanh
Old Yesterday, 01:09 AM
Experiencer

I see nothing wrong or unspiritual about drinking a beer or smoking a j.....I don't think substances themselves are bad or good (although some are more destructive than others and therefore, should be avoided). Like objects or money, its how you handle it and what you do with it.
TV on the other hand I feel is all programming and best to be avoided. This is not to knock anyone who loves TV, I used to watch it a lot. Then in 2014 I quit watching it although. I'm sure this has contributed to my following spiritual awakening.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell"
Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I think most can agree with you here.

It I think is better to look past initial appearances of a person before juding how enlightened one thinks one is.

The example of beer- occasionally I will admit to wanting a beer, I enjoy a drink or two every now and then. I try my darndest also to consume it properly and with maturity. This itself says nothing about my morals as far as I am concerned or how enlightened I am or am not.

We as individuals, I think, decide how enlightened we are. Not the other way around. Others do not imo decide how enlightened I or you or anyone else is. They do not know.

With myself having a beer my biggest pit falll is after two beers in I get a touch angry. I get verbally verbose haha. I get all self righteous. While this behavior
is not enlightening in the least, being Aware of it, really is. Then I have the opportunity to see it for what it is, to grow from it; and ultimately to change it. And, in accordance with that to make amends where needed.

Nobody can tell you how aware you are. This is something you know yourself. And it comes from within. Outside sources or those who claim to know how enlightened one is are permeating a vibe of unenlightened behavior themselves- but this too does not mean they are unenlightened.

So for myself while I like that drink every now and then, I believe until I am better able to handle, deal, and change my emotional nature; and work on it; then I am not going to have one.

Thanks for the reply, great post. I'm so done with all those spiritually advanced people claiming to be more advanced than those living secular lives. But damn, wouldn't imagine you to be like that when you're drunk, judging by how I slightly gotten to know you here. For me it actually works the opposite way... When I am sober I am usually serious, quiet, emotionless and moody, but when drunk I become more open and social to others and it helped me making some new friends. But there are also times when I'm drunk and feel anything but happy, but that's because I might have bipolar disorder. But people claiming that those who drink and go to clubs are less advanced are utterly ignorant, arrogant, and misguided themselves, no matter how ''advanced'' they claim they are. For such people who look down on others and Judge them for their lifestyle I have no need in my life. I mean, even if you aren't spiritual, if you are at least aware of your life and know what you should work on and realise the things you have done then what's the issue? I don't see any. As for enlightenment, I agree as well. There is no ''true'' enlightenment, as everyone views things from a different perspective with different truths, even if we are all entitled to our own truths. Heck, my form of enlightenment is something most people here would rebuke because it doesn't quite contain the typical ''teletubby'' atmosphere like so many others here.
Cause the light has vanished from the sky
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM
Master
Baile-
Not necessarily. Earth Angels could just be very good people who are drawn to a life of charity and good deeds like I said.

But being "good" "kind" "patient" "nice" doesn't make someone evolved. Someone could be very kind but unevolved which means "untested" either because they have not chosen a certain curriculum as of yet, or will never go through that.

A highly evolved soul has had experiences where they have reached a greater level of consciousness.

I would say someone like Mother Teresa or MLK were very evolved, old souls.

But then again some people are old souls and they are not good at all. Some of them have lost a lot of their goodness. You have to remember that unless God has given us complete free will to go ANYWAY route we desire then there isn't any free will.

There are those who let's say for an extreme example murder someone and regress dramatically. And they might take an incarnation to correct this and evolve out of this, a sorta paying debt lifetime. But someone could also murder someone and not only regress but take incarnation to continue to do awful things and eventually they would "exhaust" the chances at redemption. I would say these kinds of souls are truly condemned but they are so few in between.

But there could be a soul who is very kind, good, and progressing but not very evolved in the sense that they haven't experienced different things yet to form their whole personality.
Old Yesterday, 10:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, great post. I'm so done with all those spiritually advanced people claiming to be more advanced than those living secular lives. But damn, wouldn't imagine you to be like that when you're drunk, judging by how I slightly gotten to know you here. For me it actually works the opposite way... When I am sober I am usually serious, quiet, emotionless and moody, but when drunk I become more open and social to others and it helped me making some new friends. But there are also times when I'm drunk and feel anything but happy, but that's because I might have bipolar disorder. But people claiming that those who drink and go to clubs are less advanced are utterly ignorant, arrogant, and misguided themselves, no matter how ''advanced'' they claim they are. For such people who look down on others and Judge them for their lifestyle I have no need in my life. I mean, even if you aren't spiritual, if you are at least aware of your life and know what you should work on and realise the things you have done then what's the issue? I don't see any. As for enlightenment, I agree as well. There is no ''true'' enlightenment, as everyone views things from a different perspective with different truths, even if we are all entitled to our own truths. Heck, my form of enlightenment is something most people here would rebuke because it doesn't quite contain the typical ''teletubby'' atmosphere like so many others here.

Hey Slayer,

Well I can not entirely blame it on the alcohol either. It really is a combination of not taking my meds yet and drinking first- which will result in my gutsy anger coming forth a bit, I get more argumentative, but it is also my emotional faults coming to the forefront. Things I need to work on and have been trying my best to- but I am not quite there yet. So I suppose the good thing in it is that I realize these are behaviors that need to be actively worked on with me.

But yes I am very wary of those who claim loudly that certain behaviors or people are unenlightened without much knowledge of the individuals they are portraying this way.
Or also those who claim they know whom the old souls are and the young souls alike. I am wary of those who claim to have this knowledge- chances are I can not trust them to know of what they speak if they are categorizing people and enlightenment itself in this manner.

The arguing here seems to have taken up that those who see themselves as earth angels are automatically bragging, yet we are categorizing whom is and whom is not enlightened.

My Buddha side reads and says "Ah yes. Very well, I am unenlightened and a braggart"!

While all the while smiling and feeling like the world itself is foolish.

In all seriousness though, I feel very deeply it is us as individuals who decide how enlightened we are. Our life is in our own hands. This to me at least is very empowering thinking.

Also thank you for your kind words.

I claim no expert status in anything I write on any subject in any form. I merely seek my path.
Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM
Guide

Hi, i haven't readed any other post than the first one yet, (and kinda late in the evening) so here is my answer:

Quote:
We're talking about beings that are possibly thousands of years old,

Timeless, so to say, not bound by it and thus ageless.

Quote:
To say ''I am an incarnated angel who came here to help people'' is like saying ''bow to my superior knowledge, mortals. For I know more than you do, and I am the key to your advancement''

From who does this 'incarnated' come from ?

Quote:
which seems like an ego problem to me.

Your own ego, if you would see it so. (read ego interpretation of it (at least in the art how the previous quote was written) - no offense)

Quote:
By no means do I wish to offend anyone with this, but I'm only saying what I think. If there's anyone who can prove me wrong or attempt to help me comming to a better understandment about incarnated angels, be my guest.

The essence of each being on Earth is angel-like (read same as). But it must not automatically mean that Angel-like = Incarnated.

This identification acceptance is the beginning of the end of the Tyrannic ego-thoughts.

Quote:
Though know it won't be easy... I am someone who is very dedicated to what I think and feel.

Are you identified with your thoughts and feelings ? Go deeper, find yourself. It is even beyond the Mind.

emu.zone now with Desktop mates
Old Today, 06:39 AM
Experiencer

It is personification but who validates that?