Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-04-2017, 03:42 AM
Newbie ;)

My Spiritual Awakening Story

I was 20 years old at the time and was early 2012. For some reason I had the hunger or interest in the paranormal or truth, cause deep down inside me I felt like there had to of been a stronger/greater power then what I was learned to believe, as going through life and then die and that's it. My journey started with Christianity, so I got into this book by a friend called "Left Behind". While I was currently reading the book this guy that started to come into the place I worked at talked to me one day and said he was a pastor at a church and he welcomed me to come on a Sunday so I decided to go there also. I went there every Sunday for about maybe over a month when I started to feel convicted deep inside about this hit and run I did in past, and want to clarify that it wasn't the preaching or any book, just out of the blue it hit me and felt so strong deep inside, even made me cry when I told few people.

Anyways, when I talked to few close people about it they referenced like
what verses in bible talked about as going to God about it/being born again, etc. Later few weeks go by and when people talk about being born again I started to wonder what they meant as I didn't understand at the time. As when I talked to people I was more emotionally weighed down to be honest that there words were not fully having an effect on me until later after talk.

This is part that felt changed me, this was the time around May of 2012, a friend/coworker told me to contact a friend of his, so I called him up and he explains what it means to be born again, he talked about pretty much the whole sinners prayer confession, accepting Jesus into your heart, etc. he helped me though the process and somewhere between the process of me repeating the words out loud, and this is the best I can explain what happened was that it felt like something getting ripped out of me and something so strong and powerful come into me.

After this experience it was like I was really born again as described, I looked at everything different like seeing everything through new set of eyes, was feeling so peaceful, love, and also like something was squeezing/hugging around my stomach so hard I felt the tightness. Felt all these emotions/feelings really strong after awakening but after about a month of strong emotions/feelings slowly started to disappear until as about the end of 2012 all the great emotions/feelings were disappearing. Since then even currently now I think think I'm going through as some have called it "the dark night of the soul" It's getting late as I'm typing this so I'll end this post and will post more information on my spiritual journey/dark night of the soul.

I want to end this post by saying thank you to anyone that read my story, and I would love to hear if anybody else that has experienced or had anything similar to my story.
Old 17-04-2017, 07:23 AM
Lorelyen

Very nice story to share, Dennis91. Thank you.

And welcome here!

That sometimes happens with people. It did with me but not in the direction of Christianity rather that of things happening to make me ponder about how we aren't what we've been taught to be (and therefore what we think we are). I was "born again" in that sense, having to retrieve what I could of "self" - in a way, seeing how it had become distorted through my upbringing and...s l o w l y...moving "forward".

The sum total was that I started to question what "reality" was - not that it mattered - but how illusive it must be, as people took different slants on it. And, of course, awakening to the obvious - there was a "real me" somewhere beneath layers of conditioning, beliefs and so on. It really started when I found an old Open University course book on dreams, part of a creative course. There it was in the school library. I'd often wondered why my dreams seemed so fragmented, sometimes chaotic, when others related their dreams as linear, coherent anecdotes. (How people work...they rationalise dreams into a story). Suddenly it took off from there and I started asking questions about a lot of things taken for granted.

To me, that was being "born again", a moment in which things changed me irreversibly and if I wanted to find the real me beneath all the clutter I had to start from square 1.

It's been a long process, still going....

Old 17-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Angel1

Hi Dennis,
If I may..please never let the 'devil' or the lower ego self influence you to think
that God or any experience of peace and love and contentment 'in Him'
is not available to you every second.
Connection to His Divine Love is available in every moment...never be tricked.
Never doubt that.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru