Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 30-12-2016, 02:50 AM
Pathfinder

Post pain and suffering and ill health and god(s)/religion

not sure if I should post in this remedies thread or in the healing thread, here is a link to that thread
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=27

I just was in a medical procedure.

for one thing, my body in some ways is permanently broken, and due to wonders of modern medicine my body will at least be largely be repaired

still, my body is broken in a way that will require permanent adjustment on my side

additionally the procedure fix up is a few days ahead, so I will have to endure a half healing until the procedure comes, which restricts some of my activities and makes me dwell on the crappiness of this scenario and the less annoying acute waiting for the next few days before the procedure

the moral that I wanted to convey here is that this loss has made me think of religious concerns, trying to find solace in this scenario I would almost never (never say never) select for myself

deeper thinking would see that the religious hopes are fine, but more sharp thinking shows it is bunk. why would I seek solace from a religious source that delivered the **** in the first place?

well, anyhow I thought this was relevant for a spiritual forums topic, so thought I'd bring it up.

doesn't seem like a unique situation, most hospitals are religiously affiliated, and suffering seems to play a major role in people reaching for solace and peace and healing

anyhow, there are some medical groups that seem to do a notorious good job of health care without the religious affiliation, but that is a different story, thoughts welcome

also, I guess I will add, that while there is a binary "believer" and "non-believer", there is also a wide spectrum of spiritual opinions and I recognize that
Old 30-12-2016, 04:13 AM
Master
there is a thing called planned obsolescence which refers to consumer
goods, but it also seems to apply to our shared mentality in regards to our
health/state of being. things are designed so as to have an expiration date,
and a limit on their usefulness (including our bodies and minds).
the rationale for this in regards to products is to require people to make
additional purchases in a timely manner... a strategy which leads to a
"disposable culture" or "throw-away society"... which accelerates pollution.
the reason given for our health deteriorating is that "it makes way for a
new generation". we've consciously chosen planned obsolescence for our
goods, but rationalized the idea for our personal health (from observed
data available to us). i submit that the health issue is chosen as well, but
from a super-conscious frame of mind [beyond our earthly comprehension].

there is no reason that we need to deteriorate -- our DNA contains the
information required to cure all illnesses (including aging).
Old 31-12-2016, 07:14 AM
Master
My beliefs are that the real us is the spirit soul that is permanent~ we chose to inhabit physical bodies or temporary vehicles or maybe we have to inhabit them to learn things~ schools or prison cells would spring to mind as examples here
Old 31-12-2016, 10:32 PM
Pathfinder

tangent:

I think religion is not all that important outside of a few domains:

1) selecting group affiliation including secular/non-sectarian schools or (psychological) hospitals versus the religious schools and religious psychological hospitals. that is because schools are where we push the limits of knowledge and utopias and ideas, at least that is 1 of the main goals of school, prepare students to be engaged and progressive citizens of society. psychological hospitals are where we deal with problems of the soul - in some major sense. so if you get psychological help from a religious source, it is very different that treating the soul from a secular point of view

2) similarly to above, as Bill Maher broached to Obama here about science: that religiousness can interfere with a scientific reasoning process that leads to great new discoveries. if you always answer mysteries and curiosities and learning, with, "Oh well god did that", you short circuit learning. kind of like in this comic

p.s.
3) some people say the relationships forged in a sociological community, like church helps people stay alive