Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 29-04-2015, 10:12 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taokuoh
I've read that you have to not think about Astral Projecting and it will happen.

Too much of yourself means less of allowing the flow out into the astral connection. So yes I agree about not thinking about astral experiences.

In my experience it does take time and practice, practice and practice by allowing yourself to rest as deeply as you can but maintaining an observatory awareness. The line between these is so fine its so easy to slip between in and out of both states. A frustration may flow in which should be observed for release.

Everyone may have different experiences and ways of flowing out, but what I can say is that time and patience is a definite must. Allow yourself to just be, to be the observer and let any anxiety or fear leave you which at times can be subtle blocks to your awareness of flowing into the astral connection..... Just 'be' you should begin to sense a very subtle lift.

Feel free to inbox me with a complete detailed experience of how far you have got, your thoughts, feelings, physical sensations, any observations etc. Take your time reflecting and explaining as with each moment is significant to the shift. I shall offer insight if I can, as your experience is unique to you.

I expect you may already be aware that anyone with any level of mental health considerations should consider not attempting astral projections. Not saying you do but its always a frequent heading.

Other members astral travelling may also have some advice for you on this or consider looking up astral projection/travelling on this forum.

(Apologies Frogwarrior slightly off topic for a moment there).
Old 29-04-2015, 10:26 PM
Pathfinder
I will, and I assure you I don't have any mental health issues. But thanks for looking out for me. I will drop you a PM of close experiences I have had.
Old 30-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Master
omg! i had just posted on a thread speaking of astral projection,
before i checked back here. in that thread, there was discussion
of scary stuff. i figure that securing your own sense of safety
(for whomever may contemplate AP) beforehand is a sensible
course of action... unless a fear experience is desired i suppose.

feel free to do as you like (everyone), i'll be munching on cupcakes.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Hello H:O:R:A:C:E

I believe that everyone will forever have their own truth of what is true, that this belief of truth to each one of us may certainly be unshakable and unquestionable.

Yet beyond all our truths the seed of questioning and doubt deep within each one of us will always struggle to find light to grow.
i believe that each perceiver has their own perspective; a unique vantage point. i do not believe that all perceivers (need to) have a seed of questioning and doubt. in fact, i KNOW that there are places without any shade of doubt... certainty exists! also, there is no (logical) need for "struggle" to be involved in every case that might involve a "seed of questioning".

Quote:
What we do find in this world can only be valued as we believe will fit our unending hunger for truth, to somehow fill the void with which we may never fill until our passing from this life, even then we will no longer be driven to seek the lifelong questions, for that I believe the ego is always asking, when the ego no longer exits there will be will more questions to ask.
meaning no offense, i confess that this passage is ... nearly incomprehensible.

Quote:
I liked your view where you mentioned considering my post as a defeatist philosophy as I felt empowerment seems to be most important to you.

I could see where the different aspects of views could be challenging and where we could certainly have an interesting discussion.

I would consider my post to be more realist leading to an acceptance of what is. To me acceptance has been the most powerful realisation upon my own life, which has lead to me to be open with my thoughts and views, to me this is empowerment.

the issue of empowerment is indeed of importance to me. what i would like is to find some people who are not willing to surrender their personal welfare over to "other". i would like to encounter peers.
it is touching that you have opened some deeply personal and meaningful experiences of yours (in a nonspecific way)... i honor your offerings.

Quote:
It was interesting as you initially considered my post as ‘uplifting’, yet upon reflection felt a ‘defeatist’ view. Part of me felt you had found at that initial moment a moment of freedom, and then maybe experiencing a fear of freedom in this way may have retracted you back to the safety of seeking a form of empowerment, which may have left you experiencing the post as defeating.
It would be interesting to know what had made you feel different from the first feeling you had as ‘uplifting’?
i attempted to answer this earlier. to expound a bit further: on my original reading, i was "coming from a good place" and most of what i saw was useful for something 'inspirational'... except the main point was a total downer it seemed. when i reread it, the majority was basically filler, and the main point of the post came through (even) more clearly. forgive me if i missed your intentions, but the meaning of that post was (as i'd seen it): you the reader of this post, are a being who must die. this was not it's overt message, but it's buried meaning (as i'd seen it) i can look again if you'd like.

Quote:
I liked your comment ‘If we surrender choice, we have abandoned our empowerment.’ Could you expand more your thoughts on this?
this is obvious to me. imagine 4 people in a car; one wants to go to the candy store, one wants to go, one wants to go mini-golfing, one wants to go to the beach, one wants to go home. the choice that matters is the one the driver makes. if you are in the back seat, your "choice" amounts to a suggestion... true choice entails the power to make something happen, without choice, there is no power. is this a debatable question? is there confusion or doubt about this concept?
Quote:
I also noticed that on 3 posts you had replied, the 3 quotes shown referred to ‘Death is certain’, ‘Death in inevitable’ & ‘the human body will cease to exist’. For me I don’t’ feel these sorts of quotes are designed to be disempowering, unless there is a fear of death.
the health of a being is ... important. death is the ultimate non-healthy circumstance... i would argue that death severs a being from being. (a dead duck is truly NOT a duck - it is an object that was at one time a duck)
for a being to be required [by some rule the universe??] that it must cease being at some point is... disempowering, inarguably. the choice has been made by "other".

Quote:
I do refrain from exploring death too deeply and to challenge beliefs from the core, where this core for many could be strongly protected and may have been for many years. But I believe this is where freedom lies, at times maybe this self protection ironically can be the source of blockage against finding a truth, acceptance and freedom in life.

Through our weakness we find strengths.

Apologies if I had not replied to your last post, I felt you where making a summary statement. Sometimes for me a statement expressed in this way is the person summarising all that they are and will be. Your belief seemed too perfect and precious to you to debate and was nice to close the post with.

But from what I have read from your replies in this post have been quite interesting.

Before I was about to finish my post, something just came to mind I wished to say about your comment, I hope you will take with a touch of humour;

‘You have never been happy making the last post on a thread and it makes you feel disheartened to have the last post’ I feel you wish for this post to go on as I’m sure it will.

But you know H:O:R:A:C:E at some point “all things have to come to an end”

Take Care

"Through our weakness we find strengths."
the tricksters have convinced some minds that their strengths are weaknesses. Emotions are judged against... but they can inform.
forgiveness is described as weak, but it is Love at its most basic expression.
Love is everything. (in my opinion)
Old 01-05-2015, 04:05 PM
Ascender

Death is frightening as it is the unknown; no one has died and come back, irrespective of NDE or astral projection stories, at best they are very close to death but not the actual event. Humans are right to fear the unknown especially one of that magnitude!
Old 02-05-2015, 04:11 AM
Master
metal68, unknown things aren't intrinsically fear inducing.
todays price for milk may be 2 cents higher... no big deal.
there are ways to KNOW what you face in regards to the "transition"...
your "higher self" can provide the answers (or angels, spirit guides, etc).
also, fear does not need to be paralyzing... it can be an invitaion for you
to do some investigations (so that the object of fear is no longer an unknown for you).

i wanna ask you to consider which feeling you prefer: fear or love.
if it's love (of course it is), investigate the subject from that sensibility.
see what conclusions you can come to when you start from peace and love.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:28 AM
Deactivated Account
Not anymore.... Looking forward to making the transition and finding out what awaits me....
Old 19-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
metal68, unknown things aren't intrinsically fear inducing.
todays price for milk may be 2 cents higher... no big deal.
there are ways to KNOW what you face in regards to the "transition"...
your "higher self" can provide the answers (or angels, spirit guides, etc).
also, fear does not need to be paralyzing... it can be an invitaion for you
to do some investigations (so that the object of fear is no longer an unknown for you).

i wanna ask you to consider which feeling you prefer: fear or love.
if it's love (of course it is), investigate the subject from that sensibility.
see what conclusions you can come to when you start from peace and love.

Wise words, I seem to have live most of my life in fear
Old 19-07-2015, 06:09 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
Wise words, I seem to have live most of my life in fear

metal68

I find your sensational hunger for answers quite fascinating in that I have not come across someone for a long time now so motivated to seek a truth to quell the profound uneasiness experienced within.

I must admit I do look forward to your posts and the inner exploration and questioning that you openly share with others. To share and be so open with such a difficult topic that I believe many others may also share your deepest thoughts about takes courage which you had embraced, and in some way all contributes towards leading you to a truth that one day may resonate with the final answer. I sincerely wish this for you.

Of course only if you feel comfortable to do so could you share or pm if you wish, what it was in your life that had left such a profound shift in you that led you to begin this intensive journey confronting and seeking answers to beyond death? That significant moment, period or season that had born this fear driving these profound questions etc. I feel could be such an interesting and enlightening learning.

In my opinion one thing is a likely surety and I do also speak for myself, and maybe for some others that the more we question and exhaust them, the more we have less to block our way to the truth awaiting us.
Old 19-07-2015, 07:50 PM
Ascender

Ill quite openly share this; it was the death of my mother in January that prompted this. I was like how can this human being, an ever present in my life for 46 years just disappear like that. It still doesn't make sense to me.

Where is she? Is she anywhere? Is she experiencing? Can she still see me? is she reunited with my late father as she so deeply believed & desired?

Or has she just ceased to exist? All her memories, achievements gone?

Prior to this I hadn't considered anything about consciousness, life after death, God (still don't believe in it). I was about as non spiritual as you could be!!! Sometimes I find it hard to believe that there was all this information out there that I knew nothing of!

The trouble is I am still troubled by the notion of wishful thinking/seeking comfort, I think all the evidence for Survival can be distorted to fit the believer or the sceptic. Im about 50/50 on it all. On a good day 60/40 maybe.