Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 13-02-2017, 04:12 AM
Master
Question tree growing

Does anyone else have a passion for growing trees just to watch them grow?
Old 13-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Ascender
Yes, kinda. I've been unsuccessful two years running trying to grow bonsai from seed. My local plant seller told me it's a very difficult process and I'd be better off buying an already growing sapling tree.

Off course I was using planting kits with seed packets. I'm sure the seeds were of poor quality. Next autumn I'm doing what I should have done and gone to the source; a wood, a park, or ... cemetery.
Old 13-02-2017, 12:20 PM
Master
Some trees can be a bit tricky to grow. If you can mimic what would happen to them in there natural habitat is your best bet. And some can take months to years to sprout. If you collect seeds. Collect them soon after they drop from a tree an try to grow them when nature would. What kind of trees do you want to grow?
Old 13-02-2017, 01:26 PM
Ascender
Yes.
I was thinking about dumping this years seed tray in the bin. But then maybe I'll leave it be. The seeds were cherry blossom.
As for what trees to grow, I'm now betting that local trees will prove easier to seed
than foreign climate trees. Which gives me several months to do more serious research.
Old 13-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Deactivated Account

My dad is always planting/growing/gardening. Before he moved and sold off the child hood home I was raised in,he planted a Maple tree in the back yard along with the help of my of my two children.

Recently he planted two little palm trees in front of his new home.He still going at it, coast to coast lol
Old 13-02-2017, 02:06 PM
Master
Cherry can be tricky. There shell is really thick. Nature designed the cherry to eaten and go threw the digestive tract of an animal it almost needs to do that so the digestive system breaks down the shell. But it never hurts to try anyway. The easiest way to see if your seeds are good or bad, put them in water,give them a few hours and whatever seeds are flouting are bad,the one's that sink are good. Any type of maple tree are a good place to start. There real easy to grow.
Old 13-02-2017, 02:29 PM
Master
[quote=Clover]My dad is always planting/growing/gardening. Before he moved and sold off the child hood home I was raised in,he planted a Maple tree in the back yard along with the help of my of my two children.

Recently he planted two little palm trees in front of his new home.He still going at it, coast to sounds like gardening is in his blood too. Last night i started a bunch of seeds, "honey locust" the unofficial tree of protection, and some "temple junipers". I also have 4 baby joshua trees that just sprouted.
Old 14-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Experiencer
Every year I'll put my name in to get 25 free saplings from a state program. This year I have 25 Beech tree's on order in addition to the free trees, just need to find a way to keep the deer from eating them all.
Old 19-02-2017, 02:21 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Does anyone else have a passion for growing trees just to watch them grow?

I do like watching my plants grow. They help me in my small apartment clean out the stuffy air so I make sure to treat them well ;)
Old 28-05-2017, 08:53 AM
Seeker

I suppose it has been my lifelong project to plant and grow trees. I purchased my cleared farm and over the years have replanted it with trees. It is certainly something to see the landscape transformed back to an arcadia. Some of the trees are now well over 120 feet tall.