Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Ghosts & Hauntings

Closed Thread

Old 30-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Mick in England

False Arrival experience

FALSE ARRIVAL by Mick
One Saturday afternoon in the 1970's when i was in my 20's i was home alone while the rest of the family were out shopping in town, and i spent the time up in my room building a plastic model ship.
Around teatime i heard voices in the street outside that sounded like the family returning, then i heard our front gate unlatch, then i heard the key go in the front door, then heard their voices and footsteps come into the hallway.
Then there was dead silence.
I went downstairs to greet them but there was nobody there, i looked in the living room, kitchen, even the garden and garden shed, but nothing, they were nowhere to be seen.
I assumed they must have gone out to do a bit more shopping up the road , and i went back up to carry on with my ship.
After about an hour they came back and i asked my mother if they'd arrived earlier and gone back out again, but she said no, and hadn't a clue what i was talking about.
So i just put the earlier arrival down to a trick of the mind or a "waking dream" or whatever, and felt fascinated and privileged to have experienced it.
A few years later i happened to learn from a paranormal book that the phenomenon is fairly common, and is called "False Arrival", where somebody hears one or more friends or family members come into the house, followed by silence.

But the F.A. that led me to develop a theory on the subject was one featured in a TV prog about the paranormal. The manager of a small engineering firm was working late on his own one night doing the accounts in the old control tower on a disused airfield where his firm was renting some hangars , when he heard footsteps plodding up the stone stairs and stop outside his door.
After a short silence he impatiently called out "Well come on in then!", but nobody did. He went and opened the door but there was nobody there.

Okay here's my theory - we're all born with a "psychic shield" or "force field" or "buffer" around our brains to protect it from - dare i say it - demons and other assorted supernatural phenomena.
But if we're engaged in doing something that requires a lot of mental concentration, like me building that fiddly model ship, and the manager concentrating on his accounts, our "shield" is weakened because we're draining power from it to concentrate on tasks that require a heavy mental workload.
Hence, both of us experienced false arrivals or "visitations" by - who knows? Perhaps a whole troop of demons impersonated my family, i just don't know...
Oh, and here's something else - we hear of students killing themselves after prolonged heavy swotting for exams, so maybe they were concentrating so hard on their studies that mental power was drained from their shield and all sorts of nasties got into their heads...
Maybe thats why the Sabbath is meant as a rest day for us to relax and re-charge our shields?
And maybe prayer is another way to re-charge, by logging onto God and getting a power download?

I also heard of one FA that happened to two people in the street, they left their house with a friend, but halfway down the street the friend realised he'd forgotten something, so he ran back to the house to get it, and his two friends strolled slowly on. Soon they heard his footsteps running up behind them but when they turned round he wasn't there. Shortly after, he came running up for real.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 30-08-2006, 05:44 PM
kundalini

Hi Mick in England,

You have proposed a very interesting theory however whatever it was that you heard was not demons or any evil spirits. For a start, they do not exist. We humans give these forces power to influence us by our belief in them.

Secondly, human beings have an electromagnetic field that surrounds the human body called an aura. Now, you were right in one respect when you said maybe it is because of the mental concentration that you were focusing at the time that you sensed these visitations. This is because when a person is doing something that deeply interests them or they enjoy doing, their mind energy expands outwards. It is at moments like these, that the mind energy can suddenly touch other dimensions, such as the astral level where a person will then have what many people would refer to as a paranormal experience, such as seeing a spirit or in your case, experiencing a visitation.

Trained psychics have the control to access these dimensions basically at will or some may say, divine will and can 'see' into other times and other places and communicate with spirits and the suchike.

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Hi Mick in England,

You have proposed a very interesting theory however whatever it was that you heard was not demons or any evil spirits. For a start, they do not exist. We humans give these forces power to influence us by our belief in them.
......Trained psychics have the control to access these dimensions basically at will or some may say, divine will and can 'see' into other times and other places and communicate with spirits and the suchike.

Ah, so you're saying that "spirits and the suchlike" do exist, but that demons and evil spirits don't?
Are all spirits good spirits then?
Old 30-08-2006, 06:43 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick in England
Ah, so you're saying that "spirits and the suchlike" do exist, but that demons and evil spirits don't?
Are all spirits good spirits then?

Thanks for correcting me. I did not put my view across in an understandable way. I mean that evil spirits do exist but they will have no influence over us UNLESS we allow them to.

Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 06:52 PM
Mick in England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
.....evil spirits do exist but they will have no influence over us UNLESS we allow them to

Thank you, yes, that's what Jesus said.
So can we assume that anyone who's not a Christian has allowed evil spirits to turn them away from Christianity?
Old 30-08-2006, 07:02 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Thank you, yes, that's what Jesus said.
So can we assume that anyone who's not a Christian has allowed evil spirits to turn them away from Christianity?

No.

Kundalini.
Old 30-08-2006, 07:09 PM
Mick in England

But Jesus spoke of love and kindness and honour and forgiveness and compassion, these are all things that demons hate.
So have nonchristians and atheists allowed demons to slyly and subtly poison their mind against Jesus?
I mean, what normal sensible human being wouldn't want to follow Jesus?
Old 30-08-2006, 07:30 PM
kundalini

Quote:
But Jesus spoke of love and kindness and honour and forgiveness and compassion, these are all things that demons hate.
So have nonchristians and atheists allowed demons to slyly and subtly poison their mind against Jesus?

Hi Mick In England,

No, I do not believe nonchristians and atheists have allowed demons to slyly and subtly poison their minds against Jesus. I know Jesus existed and yet I am not a Christian follower. Also, please define normal and sensible as they appear to be completely out of context with regards to Jesus as a spiritual man.
Old 30-08-2006, 07:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

each to his own surely??being non religious doesn't mean your poisoned against christ, its about choice and free will
Old 30-08-2006, 08:12 PM
Mick in England

The Bible calls Satan "The Great Deceiver" because he's so good at conning people and leading them up the garden path, Shakespeare even wrote a play about it called MacBeth.
Basically demons will pretend to be friendly and helpful so they can get a foot in the door of our minds and slowly lever their way in.
The Bible warns us about it.
Closed Thread