Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Knower
Difference between Soulmates and TF?

So, personally I’ve never heard the term TF or twin flame ever and I understand the concept of it but I would like a more in depth explaination if possible :) Thank you guys.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Badcopyinc

in case you didn't notice it.....

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=84873
Old 02-01-2018, 04:30 AM
traceyacey12

twin flames are two people that share a very strong soul connection. It is said that your entire life is influenced by the energy of your twin flame counterpart, not really in a very overt way but maybe in your preferences and your desires for a romantic partner. You experience disappointment related to emotional contentment prior to meeting them and go through a push and pull dynamic before coming into union with them. It is said to be union because the belief is that you are a split from a soul that was originally one but like I said you have to sort of work out everything you have learned and accumulated from family to societal norms that are not your true essence before uniting. There are also psychic experiences associated with twin flames (dreams of the person prior to meeting among others) and feeling of coming home upon meeting them. And in my experience (as well as the experiences from other twin flames that I have read), unlike in other romantic relationships, where there's aching upon separation (which is a very typical phase of the twin flame process prior to union), there's no such thing between twin flames -- your energy feels more settled and complete is the best way I can describe it. That's the jist of my knowledge -- I'm not too far along the journey yet (as in, I haven't reached union so I don't know what's next)
Old 02-01-2018, 05:17 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by traceyacey12
twin flames are two people that share a very strong soul connection. It is said that your entire life is influenced by the energy of your twin flame counterpart, not really in a very overt way but maybe in your preferences and your desires for a romantic partner. You experience disappointment related to emotional contentment prior to meeting them and go through a push and pull dynamic before coming into union with them. It is said to be union because the belief is that you are a split from a soul that was originally one but like I said you have to sort of work out everything you have learned and accumulated from family to societal norms that are not your true essence before uniting. There are also psychic experiences associated with twin flames (dreams of the person prior to meeting among others) and feeling of coming home upon meeting them. And in my experience (as well as the experiences from other twin flames that I have read), unlike in other romantic relationships, where there's aching upon separation (which is a very typical phase of the twin flame process prior to union), there's no such thing between twin flames -- your energy feels more settled and complete is the best way I can describe it. That's the jist of my knowledge -- I'm not too far along the journey yet (as in, I haven't reached union so I don't know what's next)

Thank you for this wondeful information :) I dont think I have a twin flame but I was curious to see that its possible.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:32 AM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oookiritokunooo
Thank you for this wondeful information :) I dont think I have a twin flame but I was curious to see that its possible.

No problem. Not too many people are the way I see it. More likely to have a soulmate. Best way I've heard it described is that not everyone even needs a twin flame -- you can be content without one if you aren't one. But, you would think it was common by how many people talk about it on the internet.
Old 02-01-2018, 06:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
No problem. Not too many people are the way I see it. More likely to have a soulmate. Best way I've heard it described is that not everyone even needs a twin flame -- you can be content without one if you aren't one. But, you would think it was common by how many people talk about it on the internet.

Just people wanting to be special without looking at what they really have
Old 02-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Ascender

Not every soul desires the lesson. We are all connected at the heart. Twin flames is a story about noticing that. There are many stories of noticing that.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi. In fear of being strung up on my first post I wanted to comment on the twin flame idea. In this day of everything bieng bigger and better the idea of a twin flame as being one up from a soul mate, or something extra special worries me. I have been around a while and when the term soul mate was commonly used I had the same concerns. I think we all want to make special a close relationship we have with xsomeone, hense the BF and BFF catorgories we use. I would of liked to think the very close relationships I have had were with twin flames and soul mates, but although these people had a wonderful effect on my life (and some still do), I dont think I could put any of them into the soul mate or twin flame catagory. You may say this is just because I havnt experienced it yet, but I have on an esoteric level. My twin flame is not an earthly person but something far beyond. We all have a Holy Guardian Angel, we all have a God. People who are close to us can help us find them, for sure, but they are not them. I suffered terrible loneliness, fell in love over and over, sort for a Guru in unlikely places etc, the answers wernt without iun the outside world, they were within. But we doi indeed need close relationships in our lives. They give us strength and happiness, and teach us so many lessons, good or bad!. I celebrate those people and love them and that needs no label. Communities like this are great. We dont have to be alone and there are many wonderful people with a lot to give, I can see that. I hope to make some close connections, but please dont expect me to call anyone a BFF! All things pass X
Old 02-01-2018, 12:49 PM
traceyacey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur
Hi. In fear of being strung up on my first post I wanted to comment on the twin flame idea. In this day of everything bieng bigger and better the idea of a twin flame as being one up from a soul mate, or something extra special worries me. I have been around a while and when the term soul mate was commonly used I had the same concerns. I think we all want to make special a close relationship we have with xsomeone, hense the BF and BFF catorgories we use. I would of liked to think the very close relationships I have had were with twin flames and soul mates, but although these people had a wonderful effect on my life (and some still do), I dont think I could put any of them into the soul mate or twin flame catagory. You may say this is just because I havnt experienced it yet, but I have on an esoteric level. My twin flame is not an earthly person but something far beyond. We all have a Holy Guardian Angel, we all have a God. People who are close to us can help us find them, for sure, but they are not them. I suffered terrible loneliness, fell in love over and over, sort for a Guru in unlikely places etc, the answers wernt without iun the outside world, they were within. But we doi indeed need close relationships in our lives. They give us strength and happiness, and teach us so many lessons, good or bad!. I celebrate those people and love them and that needs no label. Communities like this are great. We dont have to be alone and there are many wonderful people with a lot to give, I can see that. I hope to make some close connections, but please dont expect me to call anyone a BFF! All things pass X

I'll admit I'm not the best person to ask on greater perspectives because I don't know many people intimately beside myself but I personally was pretty discontent up until recently and the twin flame journey has come to explain a lot of it for me. So while I agree that we should value all relationships, I think the twin flame label has personally helped me tremendously in explaining what is happening to me. I'm one of those people that likes to understand and the label has provided consolation in times of darkness.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:09 PM
Ascender

Quote:

I don't think finding your tf is about finding a partner/ spouse/ boyfriend/ girlfriend, that's not the purpose. The purpose is to lead to your awakening and tf comes along when you need that push to get you to awakening. When you need a tf is when you are close to awakening and need something or someone to push you over that edge. Your tf will come along when you are ready (for awakening) and not a moment before. They don't show up because you want them or look for them, they won't show up until you are ready.
Of course, tf is not the only way to have a spiritual awakening. Personally, I think it goes that way when we are being stubborn and dense and need an extra push. When you meet your tf you go through fast- pasted learning in a short amount of time. Of course it is entirely possible to be content without one, in fact, you would probably be more content having never met them, than if you meet them and go into separation. So if you haven't met yours, count your blessings.

I would look at tf as an extremely close member of your soul family. Of course, there are different levels of soulmates. Some come into your life for a brief time but play an important role. Some are meant to play a continuous role throughout our lives. In this lifetime, is not the only interaction we have with each other's souls.
So do you need a tf? You may not, you may reach your awakening another way. Personally, I believe I met my tf when I needed him for certain reasons, and he was probably the only one that could get me to the point that he got me too. For example, when I met him, he helped open my chakras. I believe this was necessary to reach the point that I did. So at that point, yes I did need him and we likely had a soul contract to meet when we reached a certain point.
So the need is more about spiritual advancement, than about needing a partner in the physical sense.