Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 29-12-2017, 12:26 AM
Knower

Meaning you know exactly what you are trying to say behind smoke and mirrors
Old 29-12-2017, 06:53 AM
Master

people could learn a lot, if only they wouldn't be so stubborn in thinking random limiting thoughts such as 'words and letters must come in specific patterns that I know how to deal with'.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:07 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
people could learn a lot, if only they wouldn't be so stubborn in thinking random limiting thoughts such as 'words and letters must come in specific patterns that I know how to deal with'.

Quite some random thought, that! Learning is an interesting process. Couldn't
insight be construed as a "random thought" by the uninitiated?

But of this whole topic, I see little difference in giving an insight and giving an
opinion. Isn't an opinion a narrow subset, expressing an insight? Insights are
usually just interpreted by the recipient.

Words are just signs for concepts.
Old 29-12-2017, 12:15 PM
Experiencer
I hope you don't mind me giving my opinion on this:

Telling people how they should or shouldn't act because they rub you the wrong way actually rubs me the wrong way.

So maybe this is some kind of Karma?
Old 30-12-2017, 03:00 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Quite some random thought, that! Learning is an interesting process. Couldn't
insight be construed as a "random thought" by the uninitiated?

But of this whole topic, I see little difference in giving an insight and giving an
opinion. Isn't an opinion a narrow subset, expressing an insight? Insights are
usually just interpreted by the recipient.

Words are just signs for concepts.

well concepts are also just words...

being taken seriously is actually the worst thing that can happen to anyone, but I'll dance with it and throw out some thoughts.

opinion: 'factoid' with medium to low or unverifiable truth content, often self-serving, often opposed by similar opinions with similar truth content. People either don't see what they can get out of them, or feel they actively conflict with a cherished desire... and that means opinions are often discarded.

insight: high truth value, unversal/verifiable. However, the best of them collide with the 'grand delusion' so looking at them is like trying to look at the stars through a cloud cover. Most people don't have the stamina to do what it takes to 'see', thus they never actually see an insight and don't know what they are, thus insights get classified together with opinions and are then often discarded for exactly the same reasons given for opinions. Which ironically is the entire point: where is the freedom in feeling forced to believe the 'truth' at gunpoint like they try to do to us with science? Yet people would hate the idea of the grand delusion if they really understood it was there... but at the same time sometimes the most loving thing is to let someone believe as they will rather than impose your own will upon them?

Anyway sometimes someone will hype up an insight, like the earth is round or the earth circles the sun insights. Even then it is hard to get people to accept change, and the cost is also high to the person who promoted the insight. (consider how society treated the promoters of the listed insights) Accordingly, the people who are most used to dealing with insights typically find themselves a reason not to rock the boat. But that kind of wisdom just puts you back in the boat with everyone else who never knew an insight from a worm: e.g. subject to the grand delusion without even being aware of your fate. (He says as if it actually matters)
Old 30-12-2017, 03:08 AM
Master

noticing as I do that as I age I'm just being 'given' things I aspired to have, I'm wondering if the eastern adage that all the paths take a long time is as true as i suppose, or if it is just that you have to wait until the time of giving? But of course I don't know how those interactions work. Possibly, it is a little of both.

Anyway physics is physics. I trust God can do physics when it is time to do physics. I also trust there are sometimes reasons to withhold seemingly desirable things, while something else comes to pass.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:13 PM
Knower

I respect the Prophets more then you will ever know there are things that have been left out lost in time on purpose it brings me great sorrow.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:25 PM
Knower

I'm sorry you see it that way I wish I could be more specific to the value it speaks of I never give forth what is not within the means of choice for why would I impose upon your means of who you are for your beliefs are your own
Old 09-09-2018, 04:32 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN44
I'm sorry you see it that way I wish I could be more specific to the value it speaks of I never give forth what is not within the means of choice for why would I impose upon your means of who you are for your beliefs are your own

fwiw I didn't get where I am by following my 'own' beliefs, I got where I am by following other people's beliefs until i hit the inevitable dead end and then had to figure out what they did wrong.

Whether I'm done yet or not remains to be seen; some days I think enough is enough and other days I'm ready to do more. But it doesn't really matter to me (at least); I saw something I very much needed to see and it changed everything.

As far as what I say on these boards I kinda take it with a grain of salt; I sorta believe what I say when i say it but sometimes just saying it makes me think of why it isn't true... that is why I say being taken seriously is so bad, if I get taken seriously I don't think I'll have room to rescind whatever it is i just said, because if people start relying on what I say then i do too and then BAM! I'm locked in another small room for the rest of my life. Although I guess there is room to cast myself as a liar and get out of it again if I really got that deep... Or I could find other options other than being 'bound' to the idea that I have to act reliable if others would choose to rely on me I suppose. Wasn't an option before but I suppose it is now, maybe I need to refurbish my ideas again!

As far as what is lost in the past... while I understand there is some beautiful stuff there and that i don't know the half of it... for me it all pales against the answer I got as to why this is all necessary.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:08 PM
Experiencer

What is the difference between insight and opinion? Insight is often offered as a result of wisdom, wisdom coming from life experiences. Opinion, too, comes from growth, eventual wisdom, and life experiences. The two are not all that different.

The only thing that resonates with me is to forget what the Bible says, but that's only because the Bible, like most if not all religious texts, has political connotations. It's the creation of man and over time has become a tool for political gain more than a tool for growth. If you look within, you'll know the truths regardless of any religion's texts.

But, is that an insight I've somehow gained? Or is it just my opinion?