Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 10-06-2016, 08:21 PM
Knower

Personal intent vs. group intent

I'm going to try to go to a Christian revival for greater access to healing energy. I've gone beforr, but I'm resistant to this religious philosophy, so when the pastor kept insisting I call out Jesus' s name, I shut everything out.

My solution to this was to go in with an understanding that I am using this as a channel, and that just because I say the words doesn't mean I'm approaching from their perspective. However, if there is a moment where I let go of my mind in the process, can the group intentnof the church override this and inadvertently brainwash me?

I don't have a very strong disposition in the first place, so this scares me a lot. Thanks.
Old 17-06-2016, 11:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanm1192
I'm going to try to go to a Christian revival for greater access to healing energy. I've gone beforr, but I'm resistant to this religious philosophy, so when the pastor kept insisting I call out Jesus' s name, I shut everything out.

My solution to this was to go in with an understanding that I am using this as a channel, and that just because I say the words doesn't mean I'm approaching from their perspective. However, if there is a moment where I let go of my mind in the process, can the group intentnof the church override this and inadvertently brainwash me?

I don't have a very strong disposition in the first place, so this scares me a lot. Thanks.
Greetings.

Always keep your own personal intent apart from group intent unless you consciously choose to incorporate it.

I speak from the other side of the spectrum where I have gone just about as far as I can on my own, but I don't need a 'guru' or a 'divine being'. I already have those and they have served me well so far.

...but I am still holding back on full expression of this because I go into wild, ecstatic trance states when I let spirit fully wash over me - I mean, real freaky stuff that would have people who didn't know, ringing for an ambulance.

Still, I need to be in the presence of such people who understand and who can guide me up, down and through it...I tend to be pretty much out of it and spaced out for hours both during and after the whole thing.

I can experience these states myself, but I can't go beyond this final hurdle and it's going to take the energy of certain people to get me to the point of full self-realisation.

All the best.
Old 17-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Knower

So, are you saying I should be safe, so long as I stay within my own intentions?
Old 17-06-2016, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanm1192
So, are you saying I should be safe, so long as I stay within my own intentions?
Yep, pretty much.
Old 19-06-2016, 12:34 AM
Knower

Ah okay. Thank you.