Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 04-01-2018, 12:37 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Understadning this connection/attraction??

Okay so, almost 3 years ago I began experiencing a strange attraction to someone that confused the hell out of me. It was not romantic or sexual or anything like that. Whenever I thought of this person I would get this rush in my chest and I would think about them all the time!! These feelings confused me because I didn’t understand what I wanted from this person (who btw I didn’t know very well, barely knew them actually.) a few months later ( I should say that I only saw this person maybe like 5 or 6 times after I first saw them and all times didn’t last long) my feelings were so intense but not of romantic nature, but they started developing as romantic feelings, but nothing triggered that cause I don’t think I even saw them. With this change I was trying to cope with these feelings (I never felt so strongly about anyone like this before) even before the feelings got romantic they were so intense and strong that I didn’t even understand them. So, after seeing them for the last time, these feelings persisted.

i kept trying to forget them and make myself busy with other things because nothing can ever happen. These feelings stayed with me for maybe 8 months. I started to forget them slowly and not think of them much because I started a new career so I managed to get myself a bit busy but sometimes they always remained in the back of my head. Because I never felt this way about anyone (still to this day actually) I would also sometimes compare other people to them and small things would remind me of them (I knew this person very little)

But like mainly over the years I thought way less of them and they were not taking over my life as before but if someone mentions them or I see something that relates to them, I get this feeling of yearning or longing. Then, end of October this year, I started having these feelings again and thinking about them constantly till this day actually. Nothing triggered this and I haven’t seen this person since I last saw them almost 3 years ago.

I also feel like I can’t love them because I don’t know them well enough but I have this feeling that I have so much love FOR them!
So, I’m confused and honestly just plain tired!!! its exhausting that I can't seem to shake them off!! And would love some insight!

I thought this might be infatuation, but can infatuation last that long?

Are we karmically connected or something? Why I think that? —> because after meeting them I began getting into spirituality and I feel like we have a connection somehow and well also because I’m struggling to get them out of my mind but then again that happens to everyone with crushes so idk

Or could it be that thing where people say that you’re thinking of them because they’re thinking of you..

I’m also very into spirituality now and I grew a lot and learned a lot of stuff and I feel like I owe it all to this person, not because we talked about it or anything but because meeting them opened the floodgates to me learning about this stuff.

What do you guys think? is this something spiritual or am I just being dramatic?
Old 04-01-2018, 01:44 PM
Seeker

Sounds very similar to my journey up to now. Just over 3 years ago, I knew the second I saw her, something so intense and a strange connection I suddenly had to her

I had the instant feeling of knowing her from somewhere, but where? It took me days to realize I'd never seen her before in my life and from there, things just got stranger (long story....) She's married now though, I have kids, she has kids - it's another level of impossible the way I see it unfortunately. :(

Also, them 111's / 1111's, every day constantly for 3 years. So annoying at times!
Old 04-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Experiencer

Pretty similar for me too.
I met this guy 10 years ago this month when I started a new job. I found him loud and obnoxious. I was (and still am) married to the person I want to spend the rest of my life with and who I absolutely adore and adores me. I have 3 children (I had 2 at the time). By the May the same year, I could tell I was becoming obsessed with him. Not romantic to start with, just this immensely strong attraction that I could not explain, and did not welcome. The more I fought it off the worse it got. Then the dreams started and I could tell I was getting even deeper. When we were apart, I was so anxious and antsy but when in his presence I felt calm and immediately felt as if I had 'filled up' (replenished or something). We laughed and laughed and laughed. I became besotted but still married to my amazing husband.

We worked together for almost 3 years. My thoughts and attraction to him spiralled out of control and I decided I had to move on. I asked the universe to help me and 3 jobs came up in place of that one.

The day I left my heart shattered open. I was devastated. The day after, I was crying and crying and caught sight of myself in the mirror. His eyes were my eyes. I felt as if I had sacrificed myself to save my marriage. I fell into a deep dark night of the soul that ended up being the most important period of spiritual awakening and learning for me. I rebuilt from the inside out. I tried to maintain contact but it was all my effort, and slowly I realised I had to keep away. My husband held me up throughout it all - and never knew or, at least if he did, never said.

That was 7 years ago and that episode lasted a couple of years. I have not seen him to speak to for 5.5 years and we spoke briefly on the phone in Sept 2013. I had another child the following year and my thoughts and definitely feelings pretty much disappeared. We are still connected on social media and he will comment the odd thing now and then. He changed his fb profile pic in Nov 2016 and I was instantly besotted again, the sexual attraction being the biggest thing this time round (his pic was hot so yeah, lol). I have seen him twice last year, from a distance. The first time my world spun and I felt so weird. The last time I saw him I drove past him a week ago. I am happy to say that I feel 'done' with him right now. I don't want him as a partner, never have. It was never like that despite some of the sexual fantasies I had about him.

It is as you describe. This man sits in the back of my head somewhere. Everything I do thoughts of him come into my head and I wonder what he will think. I 'see him' everywhere, I see his car out of the corner of my eye (I don't). He feels a part of my being but he is not currently physically in my life.

And still now - I can't explain it. I looked into Limerence, which helped a bit. But I am a spiritual person and I feel as if there is a spiritual significance to all this, there has to be because of the growth I went through.

I don't think it is over, far from it. I just have to take each day as it comes and learn from each lesson put in front of me.

I hope this helps...
Old 04-01-2018, 05:18 PM
Knower

This thread is the only one that has really resonated. You don't really know them and it doesn't make sense, but it doesn't fade and is the most intense and unique attraction. You feel them. I thought it had faded but no, just wait- it's just dormant. It just returns years later and multiplies in your cells. I had a lot of spiritual growth when inspired by it, but that doesn't keep on forever. Lately I've been quite depressed and I need to make some life/work changes and get back into some of my spirituality, but it's been so difficult precisely because I feel very confused and distracted by this. I also went from feeling comforted by the accompanying synchs to just confused by them.

I've come to think that there must be a lot more to entwined or invasive energies than I might have believed before, if not karma (past-lives is what I thought in the past, I don't really follow the forum title theory). What I truly don't understand, besides all of it I mean, is the anger and triggers that arise and lack of understanding. We don't know each other normally either, but if there were a connection and you feel this resilient love, you'd think it'd be a little....nicer? comforting? I'm not one for drama but this is full on and I'm not strong enough to resist it.

Last edited by Ldlf16 : 04-01-2018 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-01-2018, 10:20 PM
Experiencer

This was similar to my experience with the person I refer to as my TF. I was attracted physically to my TF from the start, but he wasn't my normal type and not really someone I saw myself with. Anyway, we saw each other frequently as we were in the same workplace and eventually became...well, not quite friends, definitely not lovers, but something. But, neither of us really knew each other. He could tell what I was feeling and his aura calmed me just by his presence in the room, but we didn't really talk about our personal lives. Even when we spent time with common friends, our interactions were limited. Anyway, because I didn't understand it, I ended up making a lot of mistakes. I eventually moved out of the area to follow my career path despite him asking me to stay. Why? Because we barely knew each other and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why he wanted me to stay so badly.

I followed my career path, moved on with relationships (oddly with someone we both knew from work who had moved closer to where I was living), and didn't think of him much for nearly 10 years. Two or three years ago, I started feeling things for him again, remembering moments we had, and eventually literally feeling his aura touching mine. I only have an inkling of where he even lives anymore. We've both gotten married and had children. I am happily married and from what I've heard, he's happy, too. But, we still have this connection.

I learned about soul families, TFs, and SMs from an early age as my grandmother was big on these beliefs. But I didn't really understand it. I couldn't grasp what she was trying to explain as she was dying about her TF meeting her at the doors of heaven and how she's known him spiritually for years despite being married to my grandfather. Now I do, because look how many of us have had a similar experience. You can put whatever label you want on it--TF, SM, karmic connection, entwined energies,spiritual links, limerence, etc., but when it comes down to it, it's something special, something otherworldly in sensation. I have plenty of other people I've spent time with in a similar capacity, but he is the only one I can feel that way with to this day. I questioned if it was extremely long lasting infatuation, too. But, my background in psychology indicates infatuation cannot last that long, so what other explanation is there?
Old 05-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Thanks for your reply guys! I really enjoyed reading about your experiences!
Old 05-01-2018, 09:38 AM
Experiencer

I like how you say it lies dormant and multiplies in your cells.

There is definitely a lot more to these connections than we can possibly know or understand right now - why are so many of us here, on this forum and others trying to making sense of it all?

I'm not so sure about past lives either. We could consider an abundance of different theories I suppose. The one that resonates with me the most, at the moment, is the multiverse theory: that there are multiple universes existing side by side and are actually interacting with each other. It could be, over time, many of us have become highly sensitive to these other universes and can 'tap into' and 'feel' or even 'experience' that which is happening to us in another time and place. Ha. That's where it all gets complicated and my brain melts down.

With regard to your thoughts about this love and how it should somehow feel nicer: I don't get that idea at all. That is our romanticised idea of love. Love beyond life is completely nothing like we understand it to be in the romanticised version of love. It is unconditional. Think of it this way - the way you feel about him, can you explain it? It's not the way romantic love is, so what is it? It causes pain... but it remains. It is unconditional, without limits, it JUST IS.

We are lucky to have these people in our lives, despite the pain, despite the inexplicable yearning to be-with-them-not-be-with-them. Look how much they have taught you about yourself: and not just in this everyday world. Think spiritually - think how you view yourself now. I can honestly say, I am a totally different person to who I was 10 years ago, and not just because I am 10 years older and wiser. The growth from this whole thing has been phenomenal.

And yet I still can't explain it. LOL. Because it JUST IS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldlf16
This thread is the only one that has really resonated. You don't really know them and it doesn't make sense, but it doesn't fade and is the most intense and unique attraction. You feel them. I thought it had faded but no, just wait- it's just dormant. It just returns years later and multiplies in your cells. I had a lot of spiritual growth when inspired by it, but that doesn't keep on forever. Lately I've been quite depressed and I need to make some life/work changes and get back into some of my spirituality, but it's been so difficult precisely because I feel very confused and distracted by this. I also went from feeling comforted by the accompanying synchs to just confused by them.

I've come to think that there must be a lot more to entwined or invasive energies than I might have believed before, if not karma (past-lives is what I thought in the past, I don't really follow the forum title theory). What I truly don't understand, besides all of it I mean, is the anger and triggers that arise and lack of understanding. We don't know each other normally either, but if there were a connection and you feel this resilient love, you'd think it'd be a little....nicer? comforting? I'm not one for drama but this is full on and I'm not strong enough to resist it.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhaunts03
for the life of me, I couldn't figure out why he wanted me to stay so badly.

But, we still have this connection.

I have plenty of other people I've spent time with in a similar capacity, but he is the only one I can feel that way with to this day.

so what other explanation is there?

The day I handed in my notice, it was just the two of us working together. I got the envelope, addressed to our boss, out of my bag and put it in front of him. He looked at me and said 'No. Please don't tell me that is what I think it is' and just looked right into my soul. We just stared at each other and there was just this 'thing' or energy in the air that you could almost feel. I had given a long notice in and for the weeks that followed we became closer. I won't go into details here but what I felt around that time was absolutely incredible. And I believe he felt it too. We didn't go anywhere beyond a brief hug and we met once outside of work after I left, but that is what think spooked the pair of us. I don't know but I was crushed for months and months afterwards.

Despite how I feel about my husband - that he is 'the one' for me and I want to spend the rest of my life with him, and I believe we have shared lifetimes too - something else remains in this connection to this guy. The way I feel about him (which again is not romantic love or a need to be with him in the physical life) is nothing I have ever felt with anyone else.